Home
Well McMillan has confirmed that they are no longer building stocks for several actions. The Sako 85 is one of them. I should not have hesitated but I did.

What comparable alternatives exist for a trim hunting stock for the sako 85?

I love the new Manners UC but they do not offer them for the sako.
https://www.facebook.com/hitecltd/

Hi Tec composites new zealand.... they do a copy of the sako 85 finnlight stock,, making it out of carbon fiber. If you check out his facebook page and scroll through it you will see some pics.

Ken who owns the business is a bit of a perfectionist, have bought one personaly and honestly can not fault it....
Originally Posted by CBB15
Well McMillan has confirmed that they are no longer building stocks for several actions. The Sako 85 is one of them.

Interesting.
Did they mention any of the other actions for which they have discontinued production?
You would have to call them. RickBin told me about the shake up and said he was no longer a dealer for them. I called them directly and was given the bad news. Effective January 1.

I don’t know what all changes were made. Bummer
I’d check out OregonGunsmithing. They seem to make a bunch of stocks. The couple I’ve seen have been well made and fairly light.
MPI makes a stock for the 85.

Sounds like the used price of a McMillan Sako 85 stock just went up..

BTW - Why would McMillan do that ?

My guess is the new owner wants more scale (deliver more stocks) and that recoil lug used by the Sako slows things down...
Bummer.
Glad I got mine when I did last year. Although they talked me out of an edge for a mcswirley because it would only save 4 oz. not a big deal but wish I had done the edge even though it was a big up charge.
I’ve bought an M700 Game Warden and Game Hunter from my tax rebate. Figure they’re only going to get more expensive and I have a 308 and 358 left in me before I die
My Sako 85’s were restocked by MG Arms, with 20 oz composites. Both are great. Stocks come ready to go to the field for the same price McMillan got for their stock, pre-fit.

You might look into AG Composites in Alabama.
© 24hourcampfire