Home
Posted By: deerhunter5555 Jewell Triggers - 01/29/21
Anyone had any issues with them freezing up on a hunting rifle? I was going to order one for my 700 KS but read some old chatter that a few guys reported that they had them freeze up in the field.
I know Jewell are the Gold Standard for BR Rifles, but the tolerances may be too tight for a hunting rifle.
Posted By: utah708 Re: Jewell Triggers - 01/29/21
I have Jewells and like them a great deal. I do not rely on them for a hunting rifle, however, for just the reasons you cite. I'm hoping that the Triggertech proves up in the field because I really like the trigger pull, but I think any enclosed trigger runs some risk of freezing. Close tolerance ones all the more.
Posted By: BangPop Re: Jewell Triggers - 01/29/21
I have a couple of Jewell triggers in predator rifles that have never been a problem. And I certainly don't baby them. Any trigger that gets moisture in it can freeze up. If you are talking about a Remington rifle, the one thing that can be a problem is that some Jewells increase the firing pin fall and cock on close. It can cause tune issues depending on the individual rifle.
Posted By: TeeBone Re: Jewell Triggers - 01/29/21
I have several on Remington sporters and never had one freeze or otherwise malfunction. The only thing that I would wish for is a slightly wider trigger shoe without the sharp edges to make it easier when wearing a glove.
Posted By: jdunham Re: Jewell Triggers - 01/29/21
Yes I have had them fail. Wasn't freezing weather but dust/dirt that caused the issue with mine. I went to TriggerTech for my big game rifles but still run the Jewells on my varmint rifles.
Posted By: gene270 Re: Jewell Triggers - 01/29/21
i would look at a trigger tech special or diamond before the jewel and i have both
Posted By: deerhunter5555 Re: Jewell Triggers - 01/29/21
Trigger Tech over Timney?
Posted By: Mull Re: Jewell Triggers - 01/29/21
Trigger Tech Over Them All.. And I Have 4 Jewels.. For Me ,The Jewels Never Really Shine Till Your Down In The 16-14oz Range And Under.This Is Just To Light For Me In a Carry Rifle..
Posted By: deerhunter5555 Re: Jewell Triggers - 01/29/21
Appreciate it guys! Saved me some moolah....I think 🤔
© 24hourcampfire