Home
I was into them big time back 8years ago...R93 and R8 Pro in various barrels. One divorce later crazy ...and I have finally got back into the system with a R8 Pro again grin

What do you own?
K95 & R93's

ya!

GWB
Damn fine looking rifles
Originally Posted by hanco
Damn fine looking rifles

They shoot pretty good also!

ya!

GWB
K95 and R8, all hammers.
I have to admit I was a little to Smitten with my R93 Luxus. amazingly accurate and I hunted it one time. One Caibou, One 257WBY round down the pipe and a quick trip home. It was cold that day! Sent her down the road. Sometime's it's best to love em and leave em!
I borrowed a (I believe) R8 in .300 Win Mag for an Iberian mouflon and red deer hunt in Spain a couple years ago. It was a fair rifle, but nothing I was overly impressed with. The magazine/trigger assembly was a bit odd, but that wasn't a dealbreaker to me.

I didn't shoot it enough to get a good feel for its accuracy and only used one load in it anyhow. For a regular hunting rifle, I didn't see anything wrong with it except that a guy needs to make sure the bolt is pushed all the way forward in the same way a guy needs to make sure a regular bolt is pushed all the way downward. If it isn't, then the action isn't locked up properly and the trigger system won't allow the firing pin to drop. If this mouflon knew I was there I don't think I would have got him due to that issue. I had to take my hand off the grip and jam the bolt completely forward after pulling the trigger with nothing happen.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
What the hey!

Couple of K95's. Top 30-06 Springfield, Bottom, 270 Win!

ya!

GWB
What up GDub? Kill'n anything lately?

I had to laugh at that .270 Win on the bottom....at first I thought you had taken a SWFA turrent cap and put it on the elevation spindle of that Zeiss...

That would have been the daylaugh
K95s, R93 & R8s. All are insanely accurate and completely reliable.
K95
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I have always been a fan of Blaser rifles, they shoot good, they are short OAL. But recently I decided to sell my R93 and all my barrels, and I bought (2) Mauser M12's to handle anything I will ever hunt.

I honestly didn't like all the loose parts and tools needed. I also never liked the saddle mount scope mounts.

The cool thing with Blaser is I sold everything off individually and made way more money. Everything sold in 1 week

My K95 was a 308. I never used it. Hopefully whoever has it now does. I did lose money on that one.

I like my Mauser M12's and don't regret getting out of Blaser ownership
Its pretty common to piece out the Blaser rifle package for more than it would bring as a package.
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
K95s, R93 & R8s. All are insanely accurate and completely reliable.

That's gospel smile
Originally Posted by 47stalker
I was into them big time back 8years ago...R93 and R8 Pro in various barrels. One divorce later crazy ...and I have finally got back into the system with a R8 Pro again grin

What do you own?

I have a R93 in .257 +.300 Wby Magnum. It will do anything in North America. A do-all rifle.
Damn, Dub, you have some mighty fine rifles my friend! I'm envious of your rifle collection!!!

I have one K95 Luxus in 7RM with upgraded wood (I believe what they call "Grade 6"), ebony forend tip, straight "classic style" stock like in Dub's photos (as opposed to the current "German hogback" style they show on their website, which I can't really warm up to) and a buttstock "trap door" cartridge holder. It is the only Blaser product I own, but I absolutely love it! It shoots lights out, is so light and handy, breaks down nicely in a super compact case, and is beautiful! I would post pics of it, but I don't know how to do so directly from my computer.
blaser k95 & 2 R8 professionals. I especially like the k95 because its so compact & light. i have krieghoff 3 barrel set but prefer to hunt with the k95 because of the weight difference.
Originally Posted by T_Inman
What up GDub? Kill'n anything lately?

No, other than some sandhill cranes and some ducks I am suffering from SDD (Shooting Deficit Disorder)

Been 46 days since I perforated a Porker and even longer since I killed a deer or Aoudad.

Longest dry spell since 1999.

I recently scored this.

Three of the last I killed was with this Blaser R93 Grand-Luxe Stutzen.

It is part of a two-barrel set, 30-06 Springfield and 9.3 x 62.

The critters above succumbed to plain old 180gr. Cor-lokts out of the 30-06 barrel.

Ear-holed him at +/-170 yds. Its a shooter.

I hunted more with it than any other rifle last season. It has become my favorite!

ya!

GWB

GW - Stutzen is where it is at.
Speaking of a do-it-all-rifle. Those 2 calibers allow you to hunt about anything you want, whenever and where ever you want.
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Speaking of a do-it-all-rifle. Those 2 calibers allow you to hunt about anything you want, whenever and where ever you want.

10/4

I am definitely a 9.3 x 62 fan!

Blaser R-93 Prestige, 9.3 x 62, 250 Gr. Nosler Accubond.

ya!

GWB

8x57IS my end with 175gn Atomic29,s at about 2700/2800fps, but I'll know more when I chrony them.
Anything I should look out for or look for in a K95 ? I’m a southpaw and am struggling bad between the K95 and K3 or K5. Louisiana deer rifle so a 7-08 or the 7x57 (R) is where I’d like to get. Any help is appreciated. I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask. I’m a fng.
I’d like to get a K95 like Geedubya’s some day, one without the horrific hogback stock. I’ve just always admired them.
Originally Posted by Spearhead
Anything I should look out for or look for in a K95 ? I’m a southpaw and am struggling bad between the K95 and K3 or K5. Louisiana deer rifle so a 7-08 or the 7x57 (R) is where I’d like to get. Any help is appreciated. I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask. I’m a fng.

I have a LH K95 with a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel. I'm away from home but can send you photos upon my return. If you can send a pm, send me your cell number or email address. If you aren't able to send pm's yet, let me know in this thread and we'll work something out.
I’m unable to send unfortunately .
It says I’m not allowed to email yet 🤷🏻‍♂️
Just added a 22-250Remmy & 9.3x62 barrels to the collection smile
Originally Posted by Spearhead
I’m unable to send unfortunately .
It says I’m not allowed to email yet 🤷🏻‍♂️

Okay. I'll be home Friday and will reach out to you. Will send a pm now to see if you can receive.

Nope. Can't send you a pm. I'll try again Friday. In the meantime, do some posting.
Loving my TAC-2 300 WM w/cheap Swaro.

Push the button and dead on to 1350 yards.

This R93 chambered for the 6mm-08......

loaded with 100 Gr. Partitions.......

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

works like a charm when inducing dirt naps on hoglets @ 30 yds!

ya!

GWB
© 24hourcampfire