Home
How many of the trucks running around the metro areas with Elk stickers plastered on the window and bumpers, are owned by a hunter?
Even digging deeper, of those that actually do buy a tag how many have actually killed an Elk?

(You guys know who you are). Fess up.
I don't go to metro areas. Bunch of oxygen-wasters there. For a little while longer.
Man, I don't have any stickers, and I have never killed an elk....one of these days, maybe, I will get a chance to give it a shot. Until then, no stickers, I swear.
10% of the hunters kill 90% of the game.....................................
I really could care less about a sticker on a truck.....I dont look at some guy's Elk sticker and wonder if that guy is a "real" Elk hunter, thats not the way I think...Hb
The people I know that go hunt elk seem to kill elk when they go.

I don't think any own a flat billed hat or brodozer though, so it might not be the sample you're looking for......
Often those that say the least have done the most. A friend ran a gun store in a small Colorado town. Above his cash register was a sign that read, " MORE ELK AND DEER HAVE BEEN KILLED IN THIS SHOP THAT EVER LIVED IN COLORADO".
Originally Posted by DingoDuk
How many of the trucks running around the metro areas with Elk stickers plastered on the window and bumpers, are owned by a hunter?
Even digging deeper, of those that actually do buy a tag how many have actually killed an Elk?

I wonder if there are more of those than there are witless sock puppets.
I don’t really care what other people do. Stickers, clean trucks, designer camo, new looking romeos, 5.11 pants, whatever. It’s an image thing where the marketing people sell the “lifestyle”.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

You wearing that helmet while you are typing?
Posers seem to be the normal.
I see guys here give advice because they read it somewhere and it was a very reasonable explaining of something they know nothing about.
Then double and Triple down defending there opinion with not a single clue what is really happening.
Don't have any decals on my pickup window.....
Paul you wear your feeling on your sleeve toughen up.
Originally Posted by scenarshooter

My assumption would be if you put a little hash for each kill it really couldn’t be considered a window. Did retirement slow the killing sprees or just let you pick victims more carefully.
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Man, I don't have any stickers, and I have never killed an elk....one of these days, maybe, I will get a chance to give it a shot. Until then, no stickers, I swear.

Well god damn, you talk like a hunter!! Haha

Neither do I. In fact, sometimes I go full stealth mode, and drive a Jetta. grin
Doesn't Dull_Things have an absurd number of custom decals on his pickup rear window?

Outline decal numbers really does seems to be an inverse relationship, and as consistent as gravity.
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Neither do I. In fact, sometimes I go full stealth mode, and drive a Jetta. grin

I've hunted out of a rented prius.

I ain't afraid!
Pull into the nearest archery shop, fuuckers are the worst!!! 😂😂
used to rock a honda odyssey covered in basketball decals... best stealth camping rig ever.

bought it in beach montana for a song. things still ripping around wyoming and i know the current owner takes advantage of wyoming's awesome resident tags.
Blah blah blah, first bull, top it!!!
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Browning bar 270 Roy
I have a lodge medal on my back glass
Originally Posted by T_Inman

I ain't afraid!

Stealth???

Metro area unlimited archery doe tags and a minivan FTMFW

[Linked Image from u.cubeupload.com]
Little guy in the red next to me got shot in the face with a 12 gauge couple years later, he had his problems but he was solid. Other 2 gents are still alive. I was 18, now 46.... boy time flys.... 👍
Originally Posted by goalie

I ain't afraid!

Stealth???

Metro area unlimited archery doe tags and a minivan FTMFW

[Linked Image from u.cubeupload.com]

Somewhere I have a picture of two caribou skulls/racks tied to the roof of a rented Toyota Avalon. Rolling into the Anchorage airport was entertaining.
I knew Ray Donovan was the real deal when he showed up with real body bags, none of that rolling'em up in a carpet.
Mercury Capri, haha every bump we hit we bottomed out, Ol man bout shiit when we pulled in😂😂
Don't see much of that down this way. I got a wildturkeys.com Kee Kee sticker. I kill lots of those.
I have a Sasquatch sticker on my back window, so....
Originally Posted by goalie
The people I know that go hunt elk seem to kill elk when they go.

I don't think any own a flat billed hat or brodozer though, so it might not be the sample you're looking for......

WTHis a brodozer???
No stickers on my Chevy Equinox but I had elk three times last week.

And the Chevy is a company car.

Neither do I..least wise no elk or hunting stickers....got some dog stuff. Does that count?

And I had a friend of a friend who's cousin killed an elk once...
Chuck Berry said it best:

"It wasn't me baby, must've been some other body, it wasn't me baby."

Still love his singing & that song!

Jerry
When you get a few hundred bonafide posts, get back to us Noob.

There are those who kill elk and those who fantasize about it...

Yeah, a couple of stickers on my pickup window: Vietnam vet and Chico Hot Springs, MT (been on there since 2005. Too lazy to scrape it off.)
Originally Posted by WAM
When you get a few hundred bonafide posts, get back to us Noob.

There are those who kill elk and those who fantasize about it...

Yeah, a couple of stickers on my pickup window: Vietnam vet and Chico Hot Springs, MT (been on there since 2005. Too lazy to scrape it off.)

At what post number do I earn street credit with you? Until then I will address you as sir wam.
i got a picture somewhere of a 10pt stag strapped to my bing elevator 9'2" on top of the diesel yotar station wagon.
Who needs a sticker??

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I keep my bonafides in the bed.

Originally Posted by Judman
Blah blah blah, first bull, top it!!!

Browning bar 270 Roy

Cool haircut
Originally Posted by bigswede358
I have a Sasquatch sticker on my back window, so....

Cool...I wouldn't mind having one of these 😁...Hb

Let it out! No need to try to maintain a charade. Be who you came here to be.
The amount of truck window stickers in UT was used as rationale by cumminscowboy that Utah is the center of hunting in 'Merica...
[quote=ATC]Who needs a sticker??

humm, a trained Elk !

H D springs on that Ford ! grin

Jerry
Man, I need to get me some self-loading elk. They can be fun to load, especially in the mud. My daughters took these before they were old enough to drive anything they could put a dumbass sticker on.

Originally Posted by kingston

OMG, You think that's an elk?
That's a moose, dude. Look how dark it is.

It amazes me how many "hunters" shoot without knowing their target!
I haven't hunted elk before. I don't have any stickers on my truck, including the factory ones. Do I need stickers or an elk tag first?

Ten percent of the sock puppets make 90% of the posts.
No stickers on my truck (other than fishing club yearly parking permit), 16 elk kills.
This seems like exactly the kind of thread someone who had never shot an elk, but had elk stickers on their truck, would create to divert suspicion. Just sayin...
Kingston, you Dawg ...
You didn't happen to "harvest" that little fella a few years back, in Western ID ? ?
He kinda looks like "Woody" the Llama, that my cousin lost on an elk hunting trip.
I posted the story on here years ago, but the Search Fnc won't let me go that far back and find it.
Seems to be indications he was wearing a "collar".
Hmmm . . . is that a lunge-line hiding under the cooler ?
It's OK ... but I'm pretty sure he wasn't B+C.
- - -
ID Fish-n-Game reported to us (months later) ... that he had been shot by an Elk hunter ...
and turned in ( once they figured out that he might not be tooo-tasty") ... < grin >
- - -

Silver_Bullet

( The older I get . . . the smarter my Dad was )

Let it out! No need to try to maintain a charade. Be who you came here to be.

The helmet was not for a bike ride we have established that, try lining it with aluminum foil.
Please do tell who am I here to be? But before you try any mushy stuff. I promise, I’m not your dad a cross eyed monkey beat me over that fence!
Cross eyed monkey?
Damn.

Did you shoot a baby llama by mistake?

How did he taste?
I hunt and shoot elk, but the only stickers on my rig denote the expiration year and month of the license plates. Don't even have an honor roll kid.
Originally Posted by Silver_Bullet
Kingston, you Dawg ...
You didn't happen to "harvest" that little fella a few years back, in Western ID ? ?
He kinda looks like "Woody" the Llama, that my cousin lost on an elk hunting trip.
I posted the story on here years ago, but the Search Fnc won't let me go that far back and find it.
Seems to be indications he was wearing a "collar".
Hmmm . . . is that a lunge-line hiding under the cooler ?
It's OK ... but I'm pretty sure he wasn't B+C.
- - -
ID Fish-n-Game reported to us (months later) ... that he had been shot by an Elk hunter ...
and turned in ( once they figured out that he might not be tooo-tasty") ... < grin >
- - -

Silver_Bullet

( The older I get . . . the smarter my Dad was )

Maybe you shoulda let dad do the searching. grin
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/7054115/no-more-woody
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Man, I need to get me some self-loading elk. They can be fun to load, especially in the mud. My daughters took these before they were old enough to drive anything they could put a dumbass sticker on.

LIKE 🔴

🦫

Maybe buy a book so you can read about killing elk.
Unfortunately, that's s not my trophy "Elk". It was tagged, literally tagged with a Montana Elk Tag, by a guy named Rusty Saunders from New York State. The story made the news back when the news covered things that actually happened, 2009ish... Though I've never met Rusty, we joke about him frequently at camp.
Originally Posted by UncleAlps

Did you shoot a baby llama by mistake?

How did he taste?

That's an elk.

I'm a vegetarian.

BobbyBrownEye found something to breed and welcomed Dingoduk into the world.

LOL

🦫

PM me your address and I'll send you this one when I'm finished.

[Linked Image from a.wattpad.com]
When sock puppets have sock puppets.

Maybe Remsen will family tree this mess, like in the Old Testiment.

OMG, You think that's an elk?
That's a moose, dude. Look how dark it is.

It amazes me how many "hunters" shoot without knowing their target!

A Lowland moose, you can tell by the narrow ears.
Did anyone ever explain what a “brodozer” is?

And NDduckhunter begat ‘Ol Bob, who begat fish’n’fool, who begat rugerfan, who begat deerdestroyer, who begat live2shoot, who begat creedmoredude.....
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Did anyone ever explain what a “brodozer” is?

It's a lifted truck with Salt Life and Yeti stickers on it in the Twin Cities that's never been driven off-road.

😜

Me too!

5x7 6x7

30-378 Bee!

Originally Posted by pointer
The amount of truck window stickers in UT was used as rationale by cumminscowboy that Utah is the center of hunting in 'Merica...

The closer to utah you get, the taller the truck and the bigger the stickers.
by a guy named Rusty Saunders from New York State.

Yes. I use the Rusty Saunders slides for the intro to the wildlife ID session in our Hunter Ed classes.

Would suck to be him given his internet fame. I'd change my name and move to New Zealand.

I confess, the only stickers I have on my truck is the mud stuck to it after an ingress/egress to the lease.

I don't free advertise for any commercial outfit. I don't want to attract any attention when my hi-dollar junk is in the truck.

And, should I choose to wave a vendor flag, their decal is on a magnet in my gun room.
Originally Posted by jwall
[quote=ATC]Who needs a sticker??

humm, a trained Elk !

H D springs on that Ford ! grin

Jerry
I like those old trucks
I’ve killed a few elk, mostly archery. I have no stickers on my truck. My logic is that any hunting related sticker is an invitation to break in and look for guns to steal.

I thought you had Coexist and Biden stickers on your Prius?
Originally Posted by jackmountain

I thought you had Coexist and Biden stickers on your Prius?

Save the Bales.
Originally Posted by Ndbowhunter
used to rock a honda odyssey covered in basketball decals... best stealth camping rig ever.

bought it in beach montana for a song. things still ripping around wyoming and i know the current owner takes advantage of wyoming's awesome resident tags.

Beach Montana ????
Where is that ? Where North Dakota laps over into Montana ?

Hal
Beach is across the border in North Dakota
I have a small dead head deer and elk sticker on corners of my rear window cab.
I may be little bit of deer poser. But elk...I do better than others
One of my favorite bumper sticker read "Save a Whale, Harpoon a fat chick"

My uncle from Louisiana had one that that read "If I known it was going to be this much trouble, I would have picked the cotton myself"
The decal on my vehicle was a custom music one.
Aint killed an elk yet.
I dont give a phouk what other people do.

Know some folks that have killed elk and while taking one may be an accomplishment, those same guys really aint worth a damn at killing regular old deer near home.

Wish I had their money and luck LOL

Dont wear camo fashion. Remember the Eddie Bauer Ford guys w matching camo giving me chit at a F&W dove hunt.
I had a rock n roll T shirt on.

After the hunt they had a check in meeting. The cool camo guys were visibly a bit stunned when the guy w a rock n roll T shirt and big shiny 1100 was the top gun

LMFAO
Originally Posted by Reba
10% of the hunters kill 90% of the game.....................................

Yep. About 30 years ago both Montana and Colorado did a study with the same group of rifle hunters. Colorado's was for 10 years, Montana's was for 20 years, but released results at the 10 year mark. In both cases 10% of the elk hunters accounted for around 80% + of the harvest.

Isn’t it what elk one day rifles are all about?
© 24hourcampfire