Home
Posted By: ATC What are these people smoking??? - 02/24/21
I know guns and ammo prices are crazy right now but this is insane. These sold for $400 new just 2 years ago. I can buy a Ruger American 308 for $450-500, send it to JES and have it rebored for a fraction of this price.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/892231430
Originally Posted by ATC
I know guns and ammo prices are crazy right now but this is insane. These sold for $400 new just 2 years ago. I can buy a Ruger American 308 for $450-500, send it to JES and have it rebored for a fraction of this price.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/892231430

I smell a business opportunity!

I bet my Kimber Hunter 358 would go for a fortune lol. Part of the reason that rifle is so high I bet is because you can buy all the factory ammo you want for relatively cheap right now.
In TN at the moment. Stopped in a little shop yesterday and among the few thing's he had for sale was a $145.00 box of Remington Thunderbolts😂
wish I could find a Ruger M77RS carbine in 358 WIN for that price........
Originally Posted by Jericho

Back around 1999 I handled a 77RS carbine 358win at a gun store with a price tag of $400 but had just bought a 35 whelen and couldn't swing it. I wanted one ever since and about 3 years ago I broke down, found one online and paid $1200. I thought it was a little pricey but really wanted one. The Ruger american, while an good rifle for what it is, is not a 1k rifle and doesn't come close to the quality of the carbine.
There is another Ruger American 358 for sale on GB tonight
Someone paid $115 for 2 boxes of 150 gr 300 Savage albeit silvertips I was watching for my daughter. MidwayUSA has 150 gr core-lokt available today for $45 a box
A lot of flippers playing GunBroker like a fiddle..
I can't wrap my head around several things I've seen for sale recently, some on GB and some here in the classifieds. I was watching some .308 win ammo on GB a couple of weeks ago and the bid for 10 boxes of Federal Blue Box went over $415 PLUS Taxes and Shipping with several hours left to bid. Two items down and ending within minutes of it was a Buy It Now on the same ammo and round count for $399 with lower shipping costs. Both high rated sellers, both accepting same payment forms and shipping to same areas. I just don't get it. Maybe they've been watching too much Ozark and found a way to launder some money by buying and selling to themselves...
It is crazy out there, bunch of jokers smoking crack.
Not sure there. I wanted one to downgrade/cash out and sold a custom 358 and went to buy the Ruger and they had just sold out. Even called Scheels and none left. Darryle here on 24hr hooked me up with one. Oddly enough, he was the member that bought my custom.
More money than sense, illustrated.

Must be spending their COVID checks in advance.
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Not sure there. I wanted one to downgrade/cash out and sold a custom 358 and went to buy the Ruger and they had just sold out. Even called Scheels and none left. Darryle here on 24hr hooked me up with one. Oddly enough, he was the member that bought my custom.

I still have that custom and added another from here, the Pre-64 358 Winchester.

I may go test the waters on a Joe Biden lower though.... 🤔
3 Boxs Of 50.. 130 AB In .264 Just Brought $218 On Gunbroker. Talk About Crazy...Glad I'm Set For Awhile..
Originally Posted by Jericho

i paid about 1k shipped for one nib several years ago. it seemed like top dollar at the time but i really wanted one. it is indeed a sweet gun. i put a burris shortmag on it and with the hornady factory ammo it shoots really well.
© 24hourcampfire