Home
Picked one of these up used locally. I have played around with Winchesters and Rugers in this chambering, but never a Kimber. What kind of accuracy are you guys getting with these guns?
I have a few. Dime sized groups with my 223 Montana. Nickle sized groups with my .243, and MOA with my 6.5CM
I had one and got minute of dinner plate accuracy. Sent it back to kimber and dealt with their customer service, swore to never own another kimber. Put a pressure pad into it and got 1.25” three shot groups out of it and let it go with full disclosure. Good luck with yours.

Old70
Used to be a few Kimber 257R for sale on GB but none lately
Run some IMR 4350 and Sierra 117gr or 120gr. I bet it’ll shine.
Good vermin tool
I bought a Select Grade .257 Roberts about ten or so years ago. Quite accurate for about twenty rounds then it needs to have the copper removed. I think Kimber barrels are smoother now.
Mine shoots great, now... came with a screwed up barrel. Kimber fixed it and all is well now.
Mine is the 84M Montana; hand-laid synthetic stock.

A quickly thrown together load for my son was the 120 PT and IMR 4350 in Nosler cases gave me 1" to 1.5", 5-shot groups.

The next tried was the 115 BT and IMR 4350 in Nosler cases; 1.95". Winchester cases = 2.3".

I then shot some Nosler 110 gr AB factory ammo; 1.25"

Hornady 117 gr SST factory ammo; 1.56"

Then I tried the Berger 115 VLD and IMR 4350; 1.5" was the best as I ran a pressure/velocity ladder.

When the new 101 gr LRX by Barnes Bullets came out (I work there) I tried them with Hybrid 100V, my best was a 1.05".

Same bullet with IMR 4350; best was a 1.25".

Alan
Love mine, likely the last rifle I’d ever get rid of. It is finicky when shot at the bench as to technique. <1” is achievable with (discontinued) 100 grain Interlocks, “when I do my part”
My select in 25-06 shoots less than an inch with Barnes 100 gr. ttsx and tsx.
Fireball, I wished many times I hadn’t sold that rifle.
Originally Posted by old70
I had one and got minute of dinner plate accuracy. Sent it back to kimber and dealt with their customer service, swore to never own another kimber. Put a pressure pad into it and got 1.25” three shot groups out of it and let it go with full disclosure. Good luck with yours.

Old70

Had a .308 Classic like that. It had a tight spot 2” from the muzzle. Kimber said inch and a half was within their specs. Not mine. Amazing what a SS Broughton 5C did for that rifle. Sub half inch common, some 3/8” groups. More like it. I guess my specs are a bit different than theirs.

I got a slightly heavier contour and went 23”. Better balance.

DF
Here's the finished product. I'm not much into 50 mm scopes, ended up with this one in a trade. Works pretty well.

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by limabean

Wanna look at it? grin

Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by limabean

Wanna look at it? grin

Now, that was cruel.... blush

But funny... grin

Nice gun.

DF
The image never left me but thanks for the nice picture.
© 24hourcampfire