Home
Posted By: OAM Cool or not? - 04/15/21
I got this idea a couple weeks ago. I'm sure it's been done before but hopefully it's one of a kind! I'm going to deactivate and polish a nice silver primer to press in it when I get home tonight. Then blue the open metal. What do you guys think?
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dan700mn Re: Cool or not? - 04/15/21
Looks pretty good, think it will look even better with the primer.
Can’t say I’ve ever seen that before
Posted By: Oakster Re: Cool or not? - 04/15/21
I say it is cool. I like it!
Posted By: Kaiser Norton Re: Cool or not? - 04/15/21
I would have gone with Lapua brass, but that's just me. Great cartridge though, regardless. Definitely sets your rifle apart.

Kaiser Norton
Posted By: OAM Re: Cool or not? - 04/15/21
Originally Posted by Kaiser Norton
I would have gone with Lapua brass, but that's just me. Great cartridge though, regardless. Definitely sets your rifle apart.

Kaiser Norton

Funny that you say that. Lupua brass was my first choice, followed by hornady. I can only get my hands on Nosler brass right now though.
Posted By: Ironeyes Re: Cool or not? - 04/15/21
I like it!
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Cool or not? - 04/16/21
BUM,

That's akin to putting thumbtacks in an insole and writing "faster" on the heel of the boot. Hint. LAUGHING!

Where do you CLUELESS Fhuqktards dream this schit up? Spare no "details". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............
Posted By: OAM Re: Cool or not? - 04/16/21
Originally Posted by Big Stick
BUM,

That's akin to putting thumbtacks in an insole and writing "faster" on the heel of the boot. Hint. LAUGHING!

Don't worry! I'll neon tape the hell out of bushnell and stage alot of partially submerged rifle pics for you upon project completion. Then I will get wasted drunk and troll forums because I have nobody left that cares. Well, catch you later little fella...
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Cool or not? - 04/16/21
BUM,

Rest assured,as you were glued to my EVERY word and Splendid Pixel,only you were "watching" your's...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Reality is,you'll set astride your Couchbound Kchunt and summons your Imagination and Pretend,which just "happens" to be "free",so you can "afford" to "contribute" and you'll do your BEST(then falter yet again). That oblivious fhuqking HUMOR,is of course the VERY best fhuqking part. Hint.

Like you could "afford" a Bushie,or your "own" roll of tape?!? Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,for doing your BEST.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................
BUM,

Rest assured,as you were glued to my EVERY word and Splendid Pixel,only you were "watching" your's...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Reality is,you'll set astride your Couchbound Kchunt and summons your Imagination and Pretend,which just "happens" to be "free",so you can "afford" to "contribute" and you'll do your BEST(then falter yet again). That oblivious fhuqking HUMOR,is of course the VERY best fhuqking part. Hint.

Like you could "afford" a Bushie,or your "own" roll of tape?!? Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,for doing your BEST.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Yep, you win.
Posted By: viking Re: Cool or not? - 04/16/21
Cool
Posted By: Kaleb Re: Cool or not? - 04/16/21
Not
Posted By: RedCedar Re: Cool or not? - 04/16/21
I vote cool. Please post a pic after completed.
Posted By: buffybr Re: Cool or not? - 04/16/21
A novel idea. I think I like it.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: pal Re: Cool or not? - 04/16/21
Defacing is not cool.
Posted By: barm Re: Cool or not? - 04/16/21
Take a picture of it completed with the bolt in the rifle. I am wondering if it will sick out like a sore thumb or complement as a whole.
Posted By: mooshoo Re: Cool or not? - 04/16/21
i like it a lot, remington did it to their old pump rifles, very cool!
Posted By: GRF Re: Cool or not? - 04/16/21
Well done sir! Nice work.

Not sure I would do (in my case pay someone as I lack the tools), like posted above I would like to see a picture with the complete rifle.
Originally Posted by barm
Take a picture of it completed with the bolt in the rifle. I am wondering if it will sick out like a sore thumb or complement as a whole.

Sorry, that's a few weeks away. The barrel is at the machine shop getting fluted.
Posted By: geedubya Re: Cool or not? - 04/16/21
What's Cool?

If you like it and do it because you can, it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks!

That's Cool!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

ya!

GWB
Posted By: eaglemountainman Re: Cool or not? - 04/16/21
I think it's very cool!
Reminds me of my dad's and grandpa's old Rem 760s.
Posted By: OGB Re: Cool or not? - 04/16/21
Very cool! Makes it unique. Reminiscent of head stamps on old Remington pumps, which I always thought was cool. Ever see a picture of the Benoit family rifles? Some of them pounded a sawed off "head stamp" into the buttstock for every buck over 200#s the rifle killed.
Posted By: TRexF16 Re: Cool or not? - 04/16/21
I say "cool."
Reminds me of these knives, and they are cool:
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Posted By: boatboy Re: Cool or not? - 04/16/21
Pretty cool

It would be also cool if you used a case from a memorable hunt that you harvested a significant animal

Hank
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Cool or not? - 04/16/21
Reminds me of what Remington did on the 14 and 141 pump guns.
Posted By: nimrod1949 Re: Cool or not? - 04/16/21

[Linked Image from ]

Had a Tikka similar a while back. Never shot it. Sold it here.
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: Cool or not? - 04/16/21
Very cool! 👍👍......Hb
Posted By: JRS3 Re: Cool or not? - 04/16/21
I like it, alot!

On the bottom of a tactical style knob would be perfect.
Posted By: Jason280 Re: Cool or not? - 04/17/21
i like it a lot, remington did it to their old pump rifles, very cool!

They did it with the Model Four semi auto rifles as well, I have one in 7mm Express.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Cool or not? - 04/17/21
Thumbs up here. If it floats your boat, have at it.
Posted By: ttpoz Re: Cool or not? - 04/17/21
Very cool.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Cool or not? - 04/17/21
ya i like it. remington used to do a similar thing with their old model 14 and 141's. i cut the end of a shell off and mount it in the plaque on all my deer horns.
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Cool or not? - 04/17/21
I think it looks nice. Cool to see the cartridge at a quick glance too.
Posted By: memtb Re: Cool or not? - 04/17/21
I think that it’s “cool”! Certainly personalizes your rifle! I’m glad that most approve of “your” customization! However, I also knew that some arse would make disparaging remarks.....also, suspected who that would be! memtb
Posted By: pal Re: Cool or not? - 04/17/21
Originally Posted by memtb
I think that it’s “cool”! Certainly personalizes your rifle! I’m glad that most approve of “your” customization! However, I also knew that some arse would make disparaging remarks.....also, suspected who that would be! memtb

The title was: "Cool or not". Do you think everyone must agree with you? Or that only your opinion is the right one? Or perhaps you think only those who share your opinion should reply? WTF is wrong with you?
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Cool or not? - 04/17/21
Difference between "not" and being a complete douchebag about it. Stick paints polka dots on his guns, and engraves profanities on them, but thinks a case head isn't cool?
Posted By: OAM Re: Cool or not? - 04/17/21
Originally Posted by pal

The title was: "Cool or not". Do you think everyone must agree with you? Or that only your opinion is the right one? Or perhaps you think only those who share your opinion should reply? WTF is wrong with you?

Checking to see what the general consensus is. There is 1000s of accumulative years of gun experience here. If 60% said it sucked I probably wouldn't do it again. The idea is to have desirable things. Otherwise you end up like Stick with a bunch of custom garbage that is only valuable to you. I take that approach with all my things. That's why I sell things and don't loose money. If people don't like it, I really do wana know. Just not Stick...😃
Posted By: Ky221 Re: Cool or not? - 04/17/21
I don't like it.
Posted By: memtb Re: Cool or not? - 04/17/21
Originally Posted by pal

A little sensitive there “cupcake”! Feeling a bit guilty? Actually, it wasn’t you I was referring to......but, if the ballerina slipper fits! 😉 memtb
Posted By: GeoW Re: Cool or not? - 04/17/21
I'd probably pass on the headstamp but that's just me.

g
Posted By: OAM Re: Cool or not? - 04/17/21
Originally Posted by pal

A little sensitive there “cupcake”! Feeling a bit guilty? Actually, it wasn’t you I was referring to......but, if the ballerina slipper fits! 😉 memtb

Lmao
Posted By: WAM Re: Cool or not? - 04/17/21
I think it is a cool way to customize your rifle. Not something I would do personally, but it looks nice and adds a little bling.

Happy Trails
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Cool or not? - 04/17/21
OAM, do you like it, if so don't worry what others think about it.
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: Cool or not? - 04/17/21
KDF has been doing that with stock screws. Hasbeen
Posted By: PintsofCraft Re: Cool or not? - 04/17/21
Pretty cool. I dig it.
Posted By: Judman Re: Cool or not? - 04/18/21
I vote cool. 👍
Posted By: southtexas Re: Cool or not? - 04/18/21
Personal choice, but I vote no thanks.
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: Cool or not? - 04/18/21
Cool, I like it.
Posted By: 01Foreman400 Re: Cool or not? - 04/18/21
I like it!
Posted By: Region6 Re: Cool or not? - 04/18/21
Neat idea, wouldn’t do it to my gun.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Cool or not? - 04/19/21
I think I would prefer it in the pistol grip cap, but other than that, I think it is pretty cool.
Posted By: pullit Re: Cool or not? - 04/19/21
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
OAM, do you like it, if so don't worry what others think about it.

+1
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Cool or not? - 04/19/21
I think it’s a pretty neat way to go. Makes it harder to inadvertently mix up bolts. 😊
Posted By: 300_savage Re: Cool or not? - 04/20/21
As many have said, it's reminiscent of the old Remington pump rifles. You did excellent work. I like it. What twist on your .260?
Posted By: Limer18 Re: Cool or not? - 04/20/21
Nice touch!
Posted By: wade brown Re: Cool or not? - 04/20/21
Not that my opinion matters at all, I think it is great if you like it, who cares about what others think when it comes to the appearance of guns unless you are marketing them. I think it is much classier that putting pool ball size (ala Tacticool) knobs on hunting guns.

Just my two cents,
wade
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Cool or not? - 04/20/21
Would look even better if you painted it in clown colors, stuck a couple Jolly Roger stickers on it and submerged it in a creek till it was speckled with rust. Then throw it on a rock pile a few times so it actually looks like you've hunted it hard, rather than just pluggin a few critters out the window of your truck with a spotlight. Hell yeah man, then post pictures of it here and you too can be a genuine internet BADASS !!!!!!
Posted By: MedRiver Re: Cool or not? - 04/20/21
Originally Posted by OAM
Originally Posted by pal

Checking to see what the general consensus is. There is 1000s of accumulative years of gun experience here. If 60% said it sucked I probably wouldn't do it again. The idea is to have desirable things. Otherwise you end up like Stick with a bunch of custom garbage that is only valuable to you. I take that approach with all my things. That's why I sell things and don't loose money. If people don't like it, I really do wana know. Just not Stick...😃

Does it look cool? I think it looks pretty cool and you did a nice job. However, since you brought it up from the angle of resale and not wanting to lose money...I would personally pay less for that then if it were unmodified. Others may see it otherwise.
Posted By: cas6969 Re: Cool or not? - 04/20/21
I guess it's okay, I mean if you didn't have any yellow tape to wrap around it.
Posted By: Blacktailer Re: Cool or not? - 04/20/21
Like carved stocks, not my desire but if you like it, that's all that counts.
Posted By: coobie Re: Cool or not? - 04/27/21
Originally Posted by OAM
BUM,

Don't worry! I'll neon tape the hell out of bushnell and stage alot of partially submerged rifle pics for you upon project completion. Then I will get wasted drunk and troll forums because I have nobody left that cares. Well, catch you later little fella...
Funny post. grin Very true about stupid stick..
© 24hourcampfire