Home
Posted By: cznut Tikka Trigger Job - 04/18/21
Thinking about doing a trigger job on my Tikka T3X, I found light pull springs on Ebay for 8.99 that fit my rifle as well as the T3 and T1X. My question is will the spring alone get me down to around 1 lb ? Thanks in Advance
Posted By: Jordan Smith Re: Tikka Trigger Job - 04/18/21
The YoDave spring will get you down to 1.5 lbs, if not less.
Posted By: cznut Re: Tikka Trigger Job - 04/18/21

Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Yo Dave is a bit pricey, the spring on eBay has good reviews, thanks for the reply
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Tikka Trigger Job - 04/18/21
Who wrote the reviews? Family members of the company owners?
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Tikka Trigger Job - 04/18/21
I would use the Yo Dave.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Tikka Trigger Job - 04/18/21
Originally Posted by cznut

Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Yo Dave is a bit pricey, the spring on eBay has good reviews, thanks for the reply

Read that out loud 3x before bed each night.
Posted By: 01Foreman400 Re: Tikka Trigger Job - 04/18/21
When dealing with triggers I don’t mind spending a little extra on a quality product.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: Tikka Trigger Job - 04/18/21
I used the mountain tactical packaged springs in all of ours. We’re very happy with them.
Posted By: MadTrapper375 Re: Tikka Trigger Job - 04/19/21
On a hunting rifle, I wouldn't want anything under 3lb. pull.
Posted By: drover Re: Tikka Trigger Job - 04/19/21
Originally Posted by cznut
Thinking about doing a trigger job on my Tikka T3X, I found light pull springs on Ebay for 8.99 that fit my rifle as well as the T3 and T1X. My question is will the spring alone get me down to around 1 lb ? Thanks in Advance

I have owned a half-dozen T-3's and T1x (same trigger) and with a spring change they would go as low as 12 oz (lightest) to 18 oz (heaviest). Since the trigger depends somewhat on how much sear engagement contributes to the pull there will be some variance from trigger to trigger as far as how much the spring will effect the weight of pull. The sear engagement is not adjustable but depends on the grind and engagement on each individual trigger.

drover
Posted By: pullit Re: Tikka Trigger Job - 04/19/21
if it is a hunting rifle, I would not personally want it that light. Bench or target rifle would think that would be fine. You can always cut coils to lighten it up if need be.
Posted By: whitearrow Re: Tikka Trigger Job - 04/19/21
i agree with all above in that yodave is a good product.......................except for the shipping. i've found equal quality in material and pull weight with Elayprecision springs. a good dude to deal with too. got my tikkas to a crisp 1.5lb pull at lowest could be more by adjustment screw but why?? i like em low on a light rifle personally.
Big Ed
Posted By: SDupontJr Re: Tikka Trigger Job - 04/19/21
I went with an Elay Precision spring in my Tikka 308. Best 10 bucks I every spent on this gun. and yes, it will get down to 1lb. I went slightly more that 1lb because my son often uses it and isn't use to it yet.
© 24hourcampfire