Home
Posted By: Judman El Presidente’ - 05/10/21
Just picked it up this mornin, Rem 700 SS, Hart rem mag 1-8” 24”, trigger tech, McMillan game hunter in some Sonoran camo, 5-25 Nightforce. Should be a fun toy for bears and elk. 👍

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: BC30cal Re: El Presidente’ - 05/10/21
Judman;
Good afternoon to you, I hope it's as nice and bright a day down your way as we're getting today and that all who matter to you are well.

Thanks for sharing the photo and specs of the new build, it looks extremely capable and functional too.

What I really like however, is the carved bear! cool

A most practical rifle prop for sure and certain in my view. wink

Thanks again and all the best to you all.

Dwayne
Posted By: Judman Re: El Presidente’ - 05/10/21
Thank ya sir. The bear we actually inherited from my wife great uncle. He use to love to come out to our place and bbq down by the river and tell me huntin/trapping stories from when he lived up on the skagit river in the 40’sand 50’. Mans name was Bing McLeod. He logged in the spring/summer then fall/winter he ran a Trapline just below the BC border above Diablo. Told tales of mtn caribou, wolves, wolverines, living off the land. Really cool old man, miss his company. Anyhow, when he passed the family thought Bing would like us to have it. Brings back good memories. 👍
Posted By: iddave Re: El Presidente’ - 05/10/21
Feel free to drop that off in Idaho Jud. I'll keep it clean and ready for your use...

Dave
Posted By: Judman Re: El Presidente’ - 05/10/21
Originally Posted by iddave
Feel free to drop that off in Idaho Jud. I'll keep it clean and ready for your use...

Dave

😂😂
Posted By: Full3r Re: El Presidente’ - 05/10/21
Interested to see how it shoots. Have been kicking around a 300 PRC or 30 nosler as next build. Looks very nice. Thanks for sharing
Posted By: beretzs Re: El Presidente’ - 05/10/21
You done good. Looks all business.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: El Presidente’ - 05/10/21
You PRC.
Posted By: PintsofCraft Re: El Presidente’ - 05/10/21
Very nice! Get some work done with that one for sure.
Posted By: jwall Re: El Presidente’ - 05/10/21
AllllRIGHT Jud !

Love the rifle & the Bear

Jerry
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: El Presidente’ - 05/10/21
Originally Posted by Judman
Thank ya sir. The bear we actually inherited from my wife great uncle. He use to love to come out to our place and bbq down by the river and tell me huntin/trapping stories from when he lived up on the skagit river in the 40’sand 50’. Mans name was Bing McLeod. He logged in the spring/summer then fall/winter he ran a Trapline just below the BC border above Diablo. Told tales of mtn caribou, wolves, wolverines, living off the land. Really cool old man, miss his company. Anyhow, when he passed the family thought Bing would like us to have it. Brings back good memories. 👍

Sounds like a tough ol codger!
Posted By: lapua6547 Re: El Presidente’ - 05/10/21
Very nice Jud!!!
Posted By: BC30cal Re: El Presidente’ - 05/11/21

Jud;
Thanks for the reply and further information.

That's a wonderful bit of family history in that heirloom bear sir! cool

We've spent a fair bit of time in the Manning Park area and travel through that country on our way to the coast when we go, so we're reasonably familiar with our side of it.

If anyone's not been through there, it's tough, wet and not really flat in most spots.

It would have been some wild in the '40's and '50's for sure.

The .300 PRC I'm not familiar with first hand, but by doing some reading it looks like a bit more potential than a .300 Win with the fast twist for heavier projectiles, correct?

Anyways sir again that's a fine arm and a neat bit of family history too, so thanks again for sharing.

All the best to you all.

Dwayne
Posted By: Full3r Re: El Presidente’ - 05/11/21
Jud,
What are you planning on running for hunting ammo in the PRC? From my reading it looks to be similar performance wise to a 300 win mag without the belt and faster twist. When I was looking it was because I’m sitting on a pretty good stash of 200 gr partitions and accubonds and wondered how the faster 1:8 twist would perform with those or the 190 & 210 Berger vld’s
Posted By: beretzs Re: El Presidente’ - 05/11/21
The 200 Accubond shoots and kills excellent in a 300 Win Mag. I wouldn’t go any less than 8 in a. 30 caliber myself if I were building another. Some say it’s too much but I haven’t seen a downfall yet.
Posted By: Judman Re: El Presidente’ - 05/11/21
Got factory 225’s now, should get me through my spring bear hunt. Once shiit opens up, gonna run 230 Atips with adg brass at 3000-3050 FPS
Posted By: beretzs Re: El Presidente’ - 05/11/21
That is going to hurt things.
Ya... be tough to top, in a perty light portable package. I packed 26” snouts around for years, I’ll never go over 24” again on a build, or a loudner...
Posted By: SLM Re: El Presidente’ - 05/11/21
Nice, now go shoot a couple 10 round round groups..

Or just go kill something.
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: El Presidente’ - 05/11/21
Originally Posted by SLM

Agreed just go kill something
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: El Presidente’ - 05/11/21
That's going to kill at both ends 😀
Originally Posted by SLM

She’s gettin dialed then collect bone.. not too much a shooter, old man wore me out in my teens, decided I liked killin waaaaay more than shootin... obviously 😂😂😂
Posted By: 01Foreman400 Re: El Presidente’ - 05/11/21
Very nice build! My favorite part is you got that scope as close to the barrel as possible. Good luck this season.
Posted By: jwall Re: El Presidente’ - 05/11/21
Originally Posted by 01Foreman400
Very nice build! My favorite part is you got that scope as close to the barrel as possible. Good luck this season.

[quote=Judman]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm NOT being critical of Jud or you.

I have found on the mag riles a little higher scope mounting allows my head to be more vertical and not angled toward the scope.
That reduces felt recoil..... for me.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

REGARDLESS - good looking rig there.

Jerry
Originally Posted by 01Foreman400

I was a little concerned with the 56mm objective, leupold rail, medium rings was just right. The high comb/cheekpiece on the game hunter helps too. Feels just right. 👍
Originally Posted by jwall
[quote=01Foreman400]Very nice build! My favorite part is you got that scope as close to the barrel as possible. Good luck this season.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm NOT being critical of Jud or you.

I have found on the mag riles a little higher scope mounting allows my head to be more vertical and not angled toward the scope.
That reduces felt recoil..... for me.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

REGARDLESS - good looking rig there.

Jerry

It’s all good Ol buddy, we all gotta find out what works for us. 👍
Posted By: woods_walker Re: El Presidente’ - 05/11/21

That is a special memory for sure.
© 24hourcampfire