Home
Anyone have one of these? Are they quiet as far as muzzle breaks go? Do they reduce felt recoil like advertised?
I had one on a 300 win mag and it sounded like every other muzzle brake I have used in the past although IMHO quieter then a Boss. It is a nice looking streamlined brake that works. I had it in a WInlite and it shot fabulously.
How did it effect people to the side of you? That is my biggest beef against breaks. Did your Winlite shoot well before the break or did the break make it easier for you to shoot it better due to reduced recoil?
Never heard a quiet brake.
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
How did it effect people to the side of you? That is my biggest beef against breaks. Did your Winlite shoot well before the break or did the break make it easier for you to shoot it better due to reduced recoil?

Try to keep away from other people at the range when using a muzzle brake.

I don't know how it shot before the brake , the previous owner my best friend had it glass bedded and the brake installed. It was a hammer.
Thanks
me either. But they advertise it as the "Quiet Brake". Quieter than others maybe?
Posted By: Grand Re: Gentry Quiet Muzzle Break ? - 06/07/21
I had one I used on an AR platform. I can tell you this, there is no free lunch with brakes. Noise is proportional to effectiveness. Holes are slightly forward which pushes more noise and gas forward. So, slightly less noise, slightly less effective.
Posted By: memtb Re: Gentry Quiet Muzzle Bre - 06/07/21
I convinced a friend to put one on his Rem 700 8MM Mag. I did his load work for him, it seemed to be less offensive than the few brakes I’ve been around, and did tame the recoil a bit. But, this was 30 years ago, and my comment is based from my feeble memory of the events! 😉

With brakes there’s always a trade-off......the most effective brake also likely produces the most noise! memtb
Posted By: Achigan1 Re: Gentry Quiet Muzzle Bre - 06/09/21
I’m a fan - have three or four. Quiet is relative but they are not as obnoxious as some, work well enough for me and look nice.

David did some fine work for me back in the day as well - I have a 7STW he built and a 375 H&H he worked on.
Well, Gentry isn't taking anymore orders currently so if I want one i have to wait.
Posted By: asheepdog Re: Gentry Quiet Muzzle Bre - 06/16/21
I have one on a 338 win mag. It’s far from quiet, but maybe not as loud as some others. It does work well though.
© 24hourcampfire