Home
I'm not sure if this is a rifle that RemArms got in the bankruptcy from the former Remington which they are now selling. (The bankruptcy papers show they got a lot of completed rifles and parts.) Or if it is a newly produced CDL that was made after the new owners took over. I did confirm with the seller that this is a new gun from the new RemArms that they just received.

I'm rooting for Remington. I'm glad to see they are at least shipping guns that aren't their cheapest models, again.

https://ammoandarmsstore.com/27007/
I know PTG has a lot of 700 barreled action and parts that I think all came from the bankruptcy. Reports of PTG using their bolts to complete the builds are common. Most are reporting that the barrels were short chambered.
with the same thick ass recoil pad. Man thats ugly
Wow, that big, nasty .243 must kick like a sumbitch!
That pad must be 1.5" thick
Originally Posted by blairvt

This^^^^^, nobody should own a ugly rifle, I didn't but before and won't buy now. Unless you're shooting hundreds of rounds there is no need for a pad on a 243. Most of my custom rifles have a 1/2" pad to prevent them from sliding on the floor when stood up against the walland to prevent breakage on wood stocks.
Maybe they use that fugly pad to save wood. LOL. If Remington wants to hit the ground running, they better offer rifles that are sub MOA right out of the box. There are a lot of factory rifles that are crazy accurate these days.
Knitting circles have nothing on this place for complaining.
They gotta save on wood so they can hand over 33 million bucks to the Sandy Hook people. Dumbasses. Same remington, different owners apparently.
Well, it is a long action in the picture, so it's a stock picture in the ad.
Probably some Frankenstein rifles collected from the leftover parts bins like Savage was known to do between bankruptcies.
Fugly
Barrels seem too short or too long to me. What ever happened to 22 barrels for non magnums?
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
I'm not sure if this is a rifle that RemArms got in the bankruptcy from the former Remington which they are now selling. (The bankruptcy papers show they got a lot of completed rifles and parts.) Or if it is a newly produced CDL that was made after the new owners took over. I did confirm with the seller that this is a new gun from the new RemArms that they just received.

I'm rooting for Remington. I'm glad to see they are at least shipping guns that aren't their cheapest models, again.

https://ammoandarmsstore.com/27007/

I hope this works out well for all; customers, RemArms, dealers... Everybody. Hopefully they're good rifles.

I bought a pair of Remington 700 CDL's years ago, in 25-06 & 30-06, before Remington changed to the very thick recoil pad. They have been wonderful hunting rifles taking elk, mule deer, pronghorn, coyote, black bear, wolf and grizzly as well as a few varmints. Those things were and are very good rifles. With good attention to quality control, the new ones can be good rifles as well. If Remington is getting another chance, I sure hope they build wonderful Remington 700's.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Regards, Guy
It's a youth stock with a thick pad.

The sands of the hourglass are dumping quickly towards another Rem demise
I wish 'em the best. I might even try to find room for a Model 7 in the safe...
Saw some new 870s today at Cabelas. Totally underwhelmed with fit. Looked really, really cheap.
Originally Posted by dimecovers5
Barrels seem too short or too long to me. What ever happened to 22 barrels for non magnums?

CDL always had a 24" for non magnums.
I like the hard butt plate on 700 BDL Custom Classics. If I need a recoil pad, I slip a Pachmayr on it. They're good quality and keeps the butt plate and screws from getting bunged.
I wish I had grabbed a CDL in 25-06 before all this mess.
GreggH
Originally Posted by blairvt

That jumped out at me too! A little bit less recoil pad and a little bit more wood couldn’t cost them that much extra per rifle I wouldn’t think. I’d also like to see them reconfigure the pistol grip to a more open grip. Personal preference but I’ve never liked the tight pistol grip that Remington uses.
Too late, I have 2 CDLs. One was very accurate, the other wasn't. I'll never buy another with all the choices nowadays.
Tikka is fuqking accurate along with the econo Ruger Predator.
I rebarreled my 280 to 280ai and the 06 sits in the safe.
If I wanted a Remington. I'd buy a Bergara.
I sure want Remington to succeed.
But I was in Scheels yesterday. They had three 870 express shotguns that were said to be newly manufactured. The wood to metal fit was terrible. They were prices at $399. The Mossberg pump next to the 870 was much better finished, and priced $399.
Glad I have some older 700s and 1100s.
I have a 280 Remington CDL and several Remington classics. Never shoot them but nice to know they collect dust well!
© 24hourcampfire