Home
Posted By: Buzzaw Tikka or Franchi - 09/05/21
Interesting comparison. TIKKA is proven, Franchi has some good reports.

Anybody care to help me pick?

Ive never been a TIKKA guy, guess I always thaught of them as a rifle to s
"sett;e" on if the SAKO was out of $$ reach
Posted By: scottfromdallas Re: Tikka or Franchi - 09/05/21

Never handled a momentum but TiKKA's have a great reputation for a reason. You can shoot mine next week if you like. I have a 223 and 308 CTR you can try.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Tikka or Franchi - 09/05/21
Both good guns, I would worry about Franchi suddenly stopping production of this rifle and parts availability going to zero. You know Beretta will not support either rifle.
Posted By: Northman Re: Tikka or Franchi - 09/05/21
Originally Posted by Buzzaw
Interesting comparison. TIKKA is proven, Franchi has some good reports.

Anybody care to help me pick?

Ive never been a TIKKA guy, guess I always thaught of them as a rifle to s
"sett;e" on if the SAKO was out of $$ reach

When Sako still made the 75 yes.. I would agree.

With the Sako 85 you get better wood and more metal, but I would rather buy a Tikka T3.
Its a scaled down, lighter weight Sako TRG action with a Sako barrel and trigger.
Easier to bed, more accessories if you want.

Tikka has made more then 1million T3s, so there will be parts available for decades to come.
And its still 2-3 times as cheap to buy in the US compared to Finland and Scandinavia.
A Tikka T3x Stainless is around $1800 in Scandinavia.
Posted By: tzone Re: Tikka or Franchi - 09/05/21
Is neither an option?

LGS sells a ton of Franchi. Have handles on in .308 and excited me about as much as a Tikka.
Posted By: scottfromdallas Re: Tikka or Franchi - 09/05/21

They look extremely similar. Fnanchi is most likely the same design since they share ownership. Both the Momentum Elite and the newer Tikka Veil are good looking rifles.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Tikka or Franchi - 09/05/21
Originally Posted by scottfromdallas

They look extremely similar. Fnanchi is most likely the same design since they share ownership. Both the Momentum Elite and the newer Tikka Veil are good looking rifles.

My early experience with a Franchi semi auto shotgun would push me toward a Tikka if I hadn't already made up my mind.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Tikka or Franchi - 09/05/21
Originally Posted by scottfromdallas

Closeup they are not similar at all. Three lug vs 2 lug , barrel and action , bolt, shroud and trigger.
Posted By: clockwork_7mm Re: Tikka or Franchi - 09/05/21
You should always spend your hard earned money on what *you* like, but... the Franchi stock strikes me as an example of what the late Chuck Hawks called "Euro trash."
Posted By: GeoW Re: Tikka or Franchi - 09/05/21
Can't see enough difference to make a difference. I'll stick with my Tikkas, they make me happy!

g
Posted By: Dixie_Rebel Re: Tikka or Franchi - 09/07/21
I’d stick with Tikkas.
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: Tikka or Franchi - 09/07/21
Tikka. Known quantity.

I wonder who actually makes the franchi rifle, do they? Bettinsoli and/or F.a.i.r. make their O/U shotguns.
Posted By: fish30ought6 Re: Tikka or Franchi - 09/08/21
i have a momentum in .308. stock looks a bit odd, but handles my frame very well. excellent trigger. superbly accurate with federal non-typical 150s (second load i tried). bolt turn was a bit rough out of the box. a few few hundred cycles smoothed it right up. love the mauser style trigger guard/magazine. it just feels right. killed three whitetail with it this past season. i will say that if someone ever makes an after market "classic" stock for it, i'll dump the plastic factory one. stinkin' good $600 rifle ...
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Tikka or Franchi - 09/08/21
Was looking for a .308 not long ago.

Franchis have a hinged floorplate model, a big plus for me, but Tikka has SS and a whole slew of stock options.

Also looked at Kimber Hunters, ended up with a M70 Extreme Weather MB.
© 24hourcampfire