Home
For those of you who've updated the bottom metal and magazines on a T3, are the aluminum trigger guards from High Desert RW compatible with the various billet magazines like the Mountain Tactical?

Thanks!
No idea, but those billett mags I bought won't lock in, they are junk. They told me to send them back...haven't bothered yet. Still using factory with no complaints...
Was the aluminum mag not locking into the factory bottom plastic or aftermarket bottom metal?

Anyone else experiences?
I use the Mountain Tactical bottom metal with factory mags. It works fine, never saw a need to upgrade the mags
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
Was the aluminum mag not locking into the factory bottom plastic or aftermarket bottom metal?

Anyone else experiences?

Factory plastic bottom metal, and billet mags. The front would lock, the back would drop down, and cause failure to feed. Tried them in three different Tikkas, no dice.
Originally Posted by KenMi
I use the Mountain Tactical bottom metal with factory mags. It works fine, never saw a need to upgrade the mags

This is what works for me also.
Originally Posted by sidepass
Originally Posted by KenMi

This is what works for me also.

Same for me in two different Tikkas
I’m using factory magazines with my high desert bottom metals. Sometimes I even have to use the shims.
Tried the MT billet mags in a .223 and the follower caused cartridge loading problems. When the mag was full, the cartridges would dive when being fed. Went back to the factory mags with no problem. Billet mag did lock up fine.
DBM/Mags are easy...if it isn't an AICS footprint,it's a piece of fhuqking schit and that no matter the chambering,but especially 223. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Just sayin'.

Thank me later.

Hint.............
Why metal bottoms? I have several Tikkas and never a problem with the factory "plastic"

Metal seems to weigh more and could dent and obstruct the trigger.
COL to short with factory mags change the bolt stop, but the limiting factor is the short over all length of the factory mag.
© 24hourcampfire