Home
Posted By: bluefish Price check LH M70 - 09/29/21
What is the consensus concerning price for an excellent condition LH M70 300 WM these days?
Posted By: scopey58 Re: Price check LH M70 - 09/29/21
I have a LH model 70 300WM stainless. going to let it go as I have 3 other model 70"s. Has a Zeiss Conquest on it. Thinking around 2K.
John
Posted By: clockwork_7mm Re: Price check LH M70 - 09/29/21
When was it made?
Posted By: scopey58 Re: Price check LH M70 - 09/29/21
Don't know. Got it from my dentist . Can check when i get home later. What do I look for?
Posted By: bluefish Re: Price check LH M70 - 09/29/21
Serial number
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Price check LH M70 - 09/30/21
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
When was it made?

Posted By: scopey58 Re: Price check LH M70 - 09/30/21
G177xxx
I think these were produced sometime between 1997 and 2003.
John
Posted By: clockwork_7mm Re: Price check LH M70 - 09/30/21
Bluefish - if it's walnut/blued (and not super grade) RH M70s from various eras lately seem to sell in the $800-900 range, assuming it's in like new condition, with original box, etc. The more used it looks the more I think you'd slip down into the $700-800 range. LH could hurt or help... depending on whose shipping when you list.

Scope - I'm far from an expert (just follow the classifieds and GB), but 2k would seem to be a pretty big ask even for a stainless, LH version with the scope included...
Posted By: bluefish Re: Price check LH M70 - 09/30/21
LH M70 Blued/Walnut, not Super Grade.
Posted By: 79S Re: Price check LH M70 - 09/30/21
$1300-$1500 those lefties are highly sought after..
Posted By: bluefish Re: Price check LH M70 - 09/30/21
How about for a 30 06 in similar excellent condition?
Posted By: 79S Re: Price check LH M70 - 09/30/21
The hardest L/H Winchester model 70 to find in the standard bolt face is the 270 Winchester. The only short action model 70’s I seen were the one chambered in the WSM’s. Your lefty in the 06 same price I mentioned already. On gunbroker probably go close to 2 grand. Winchester will never make a L/H model 70 again so what’s out thier is highly sought after.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Price check LH M70 - 10/01/21
There is a clean .300 WM on Gun Broker now at ~$1500 without a bid.
Posted By: clockwork_7mm Re: Price check LH M70 - 10/01/21
Originally Posted by Orion2000
There is a clean .300 WM on Gun Broker now at ~$1500 without a bid.

For blue's sake I'd gladly be wrong. But $2k, however rare, is gonna be a tough sell based on the prices things that are scarce in other ways seem to be selling.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Price check LH M70 - 10/01/21
The rifle scopey58 referenced (in stainless) was made ‘97 only and is a rarity among rare birds. I don’t think that he is mistaken to think that he can get what he suggested for that scope and rifle. His rifle, in stainless, should command a premium over the blued variety.

The last blued LH 300 WSM completed auction I can find on GB sold for ~$1500.

Here is the link to the one Orion mentioned and you can see if it gets any bids.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/910226161
Stainless brings $200-$500 more than blue, given they were only produced one year. Standard bolt face tends to bring more than standard magnum tends to bring more than short magnums. Long magnums vary depending on chambering. But typically are in line with standard chamberings.

From the FWIW department, there is a LH hand 243 listed for $2500 BIN. That technically is the lowest factory serial numbered LH M70 in existence. This is out of the collection of 11 LH M70’s that originally went up for sale as a group for $77K. While the 30-06 FWT in that group was touted as the first LH M70 built, the 243 receiver is still one serial number lower than the 30-06. Even tho it is kinda cobbled together, for $2500 I am surprised that no one has bought the rifle as a donor to build a custom on the “first’ LH M70 receiver produced.
Whatever he ends up getting, the moral of this story is wood and metal for the win! In 30 years, no one will be fighting for the first LH RAR or Tikka produced 😂😇.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Price check LH M70 - 10/01/21
Orion,

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/905931304

Was headache the senior designer?
Originally Posted by 79S
The hardest L/H Winchester model 70 to find in the standard bolt face is the 270 Winchester. The only short action model 70’s I seen were the one chambered in the WSM’s. Your lefty in the 06 same price I mentioned already. On gunbroker probably go close to 2 grand. Winchester will never make a L/H model 70 again so what’s out thier is highly sought after.

79 - I'm curious why you think they'll *never* do it again? Seems like every so often they'd do a limited run just to keep a market alive for lefties.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Orion,

Definitely not my cup-o-tea. However, have this thought in my head that a LH JOC Tribute rifle built on the first ever LH M70 receiver would be pretty cool. Up the cool factor by having Mr. Echols do the work. It is all out of my grasp. But loonies gotta dream…. smile
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Price check LH M70 - 10/02/21
Originally Posted by 79S

79 - I'm curious why you think they'll *never* do it again? Seems like every so often they'd do a limited run just to keep a market alive for lefties.

When you say every so often,,,like once in a lifetime often?
Posted By: War_Eagle Re: Price check LH M70 - 10/02/21
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Orion,

Definitely not my cup-o-tea. However, have this thought in my head that a LH JOC Tribute rifle built on the first ever LH M70 receiver would be pretty cool. Up the cool factor by having Mr. Echols do the work. It is all out of my grasp. But loonies gotta dream…. smile

Out of my grasp too....but I like the way you think. wink
Posted By: 79S Re: Price check LH M70 - 10/02/21
Originally Posted by 79S

Uh...... it took Winchester 60yrs to build a lefty.. then did another run in 2003-2004. New Haven closed, 2008 FN brought them back out so 2068 is when a lefty will be offered again. People been wanting a synthetic stainless in a 375 H&H Winchester can’t even do that, much less make a run of lefties.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Price check LH M70 - 10/02/21
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Uh...... it took Winchester 60yrs to build a lefty.. then did another run in 2003-2004. New Haven closed, 2008 FN brought them back out so 2068 is when a lefty will be offered again. People been wanting a synthetic stainless in a 375 H&H Winchester can’t even do that, much less make a run of lefties.

What John doesn't say is they are a damn Browning. They don't have the tooling or the know how to make a damn left hand rifle. He's trying to be nice. Its not fu CKING Winchester anymore. Nuff said...
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

What John doesn't say is they are a damn Browning. They don't have the tooling or the know how to make a damn left hand rifle. He's trying to be nice. Its not fu CKING Winchester anymore. Nuff said...

We will see a left handed xpr long before we ever see a lefty baco model 70.. I’m sure they have the ability and tooling to do it. But is their a market demand? If so we would’ve saw a left kimber 84L and 84M a long time ago.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Price check LH M70 - 10/02/21
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

We will see a left handed xpr long before we ever see a lefty baco model 70.. I’m sure they have the ability and tooling to do it. But is their a market demand? If so we would’ve saw a left kimber 84L and 84M a long time ago.

BACO is for themselves, not the consumer. You like them though. Maybe you can put in a good word. You speak Philipino? That may help..
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

BACO is for themselves, not the consumer. You like them though. Maybe you can put in a good word. You speak Philipino? That may help..

Oh lawrence you got into the fire water again lol... also it's Portuguese not philipino, far as a company being for themselves? That's any company looking to make money.. it is ironic you cuss winchester being made in Portugal but you have a gun safe full of tikkas that are made in Sweden that's owned by beretta lol.. for the record I own 1 baco model 70 and it's a South Carolina rifle..
Posted By: clockwork_7mm Re: Price check LH M70 - 10/02/21
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Eh... if you want to really split that hair, Winchester wasn't Winchester long before they started making Model 70s. So how far back do you want to go? The quality of the Portugal-made rifles is excellent... which is what actually matters. And what rifle company *isn't* trying to make a profit? Oh, right, Remington. How'd that work out?
© 24hourcampfire