Home
Posted By: 10Glocks The first Ruger-made Marlin - 10/21/21
From the Marlin Facebook page

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Marlin Firearms
Like This Page · 7 hrs · Edited ·

The moment you've been waiting for is finally here... We are proud to share
with you the very first production-built Marlin Model 1895™! Congratulations
to the entire Marlin team in our Mayodan, NC facility on this major milestone.
Stay tuned for the official release of these production rifles later this year!

https://www.facebook.com/MarlinFire...332/4502034129850143/?type=3&theater
Dang…. I love me some Marlins. Cant wait to see some 44 and 45 lever guns. I’m pretty sure I need one.
Of course you need one. It's like saying you need air.
Too bad they had to wear the stupid ass masks
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

yes, no end to the insanity
Originally Posted by 10Glocks

I believe you’re right.

Chose to. That photo contains compliant commies and one probably dubious rifle.
Posted By: Futura Re: The first Ruger-made Marlin - 10/22/21

At least you can be more confident that your new Ruglin hasn’t been sneezed on.
I’m sure they drew straws to see who got to hold it for the photo op. Another woke company. They hit a couple of demographics female and color
Screwballs.

Everyone smile..
Hope they make their 44 mag 1894 rifle with a better barrel design.

Would like to see one with Ballard rifling ( not micro-groove), a 0.429" groove diameter (not 0.431"+), with 0.004" deep grooves ( not 0.003") and 1-20" rifling twist ( not 1-38") compared to JM-stamped Marlin "Ballard" rifling ( which is as shallow as micro-groove, but has wider lands).

This would immediately improve accuracy of this platform-which was the major drawback of the JM-stamped 1894 44 mags. Too slow a twist, and too great a groove diameter.
Originally Posted by buttstock

Would like to see one with Ballard rifling ( not micro-groove), a 0.429" groove diameter (not 0.431"+), with 0.004" deep grooves ( not 0.003") and 1-20" rifling twist ( not 1-38") compared to JM-stamped Marlin "Ballard" rifling ( which is as shallow as micro-groove, but has wider lands).

This would immediately improve accuracy of this platform-which was the major drawback of the JM-stamped 1894 44 mags. Too slow a twist, and too great a groove diameter.

What he said ....

More gooder with 300 grain slugs .
Good on them. Hope the Marlin-line does well.
Originally Posted by Llama_Bob

Yes - Commies making firearms for sale to the American public. smirk

Do you check your toothpaste for explosives every night before brushing your teeth?
It's good to see these rifles are still going to be made.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Be happy, I will order a few.
Originally Posted by Nestucca
I’m sure they drew straws to see who got to hold it for the photo op. Another woke company. They hit a couple of demographics female and color

What difference does it make who’s holding the rifle? Maybe she just happened to be in the center and they asked her to hold it.
Posted By: viking Re: The first Ruger-made Marlin - 10/22/21
I’d buy a decent 45-70 if it had 18-20 inch long barrel.
Posted By: battue Re: The first Ruger-made Marlin - 10/22/21
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus

Yes - Commies making firearms for sale to the American public. smirk

Do you check your toothpaste for explosives every night before brushing your teeth?

Yea, they should boycott Ruger over masks....and then we can lose another American firearms company....and they can buy all their guns from Muslim Turkey....Gotta love a conservative patriot....
What if the new rifles are so nice that they wear those so they don't drool on the product? laugh
This spring, I begin the ardous process of moving loads to a remote trapline by freighter canoe. 180-200 river miles one way. Weight is a serious issue. Many useful things won't make the cut. A 357 magnum carbine will make the cut. I hope it says Ruger on it.......

I know. We will always remember this time period by photos with folks wearing masks......
Well I already have the 30-30 and 45-70 in a Marlin. Still I'd like to have a Ruglin. We'll see what else they offer
Originally Posted by yukon254

yes, no end to the insanity

Yep, My thoughts exactly when i saw the photo, but that wont keep me from buying one or two 😁.....Hb
Posted By: KenMi Re: The first Ruger-made Marlin - 10/23/21
Originally Posted by buttstock

Confirmed that Ruger will be doing Ruger hammer forged rifling and not copying Marlin. Hopefully they consider twist rates too, and not use dog ass slow twists just cause Marlin did
Posted By: Fotis Re: The first Ruger-made Marlin - 10/23/21
Originally Posted by beretzs

I believe you’re right.

I agree
Posted By: Fotis Re: The first Ruger-made Marlin - 10/23/21
A 25-20??? 32-20. ??
Posted By: zcm82 Re: The first Ruger-made Marlin - 10/23/21
I imagine they'll be cranking them out in more common cartridges to get some feel for sales strength before they chamber any unusual stuff.
Great !
Posted By: iskra Re: The first Ruger-made Marlin - 10/23/21
Ample reason for celebration. Marlins are great rifles! And not to rain on that static parade photo op... With rifle barely visible!
But ...I'll take the Marlin Model 1895 from re-intro years 1972 forward into the early eighties. All in the 'no safety' series! Below my 'vintage model from that first year '72.

Definitely a matter of differing taste, but the new genre/trend of 'pimped' rifles; just not my preference in classic levers!
No offense intended... Just my take!
Best!
John

Attached picture R235-2.jpg
Attached picture R235-10.jpg
Good to hear!
Cast bullet friendly barrel in .357 please.

That alone would stop me from buying one....

I've got two lever action Marlins... a stainless 30/30 and my 1981 production 444.... paid $219 for that rifle brand new in 1981.

The 30/30 give to me by my grandfather was stolen out of my truck by some Ass Hole back in Minnesota...

never recovered it, but it ended badly for him....
Originally Posted by Fotis
A 25-20??? 32-20. ??

Either or both will work for me. I know I will be buying a 357 Mag when they become available.
Foes anyone know for sure if the Ruger-made receivers/levers/internalas are forged (like old New Haven JM-stamped Marlins) or investment cast ( "Ruger-style")?
Posted By: Dinny Re: The first Ruger-made Marlin - 10/24/21
Anyone have MSRP info? I imagine each one they make will be north of $750 regardless of caliber, steel, or configuration.
Glad they have started production and I wish them the best in their productivity. Looking forward to seeing them on the shelves.
Check out the lumber on this one!

https://www.marlinfirearms.com/lever-action/model-1894/

I doubt that, big time. That part of N.C. is pretty much mask free and full of Patriots.
black chick holds rifle

buncha mask [bleep] huddling around her

this country is so [bleep].
A couple of weeks ago Gun Talk Radio ( Tom Gresham ) has Chris Killoy on to discuss this very topic .
Chris states : 1895 in 45/70 is coming out first , then the 336 in 30-30 / .35 Rem , then the 1894 ‘s in 357 mag & 44 mag . Finally will be the 1895 in 444 Marlin .
Posted By: CP Re: The first Ruger-made Marlin - 10/25/21
I am really interested in learning about any mechanical or part modifications that Ruger may have made in their Marlins.
They making a stainless 35 Remington?
Apparently , they are coming out with the stainless 1895 big loop first ( the one that is being held by the employees in the photo ) . Chris states that first examples will be available mid-December . He also says that things will be slow at first so please be patient .

Interesting to note : they are keeping the forged receiver , not investment casted . Whether or not they keep that design feature in the future is not known at this time .

The guns are being made in the N.C. plant .

The wood shop is in N.H.

He said that over 100 tractor trailers went to N.C.
Posted By: CP Re: The first Ruger-made Marlin - 10/25/21
I thought they would use investment casting-interesting…
They could once the line is up and running and then decide to optimize the product to their design specifications .
Good info bulkie roll. Thank you.
click on me to listen to the gun talk radio interview regarding this subject
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Notice the Skinner sight?
I wonder if they will come standard with them?
Originally Posted by bulkie_roll
They could once the line is up and running and then decide to optimize the product to their design specifications .

Let's say that happens in 2025. That sure will make everyone's "pre-'25" Marlin more valuable.
I still think CT made Marlins will always command a premium .

We will be able to keep our collectors but be able to buy a shooter and not care about dings/scratches/etc

Let's say that happens in 2025. That sure will make everyone's "pre-'25" Marlin more valuable.

Ditto.
Originally Posted by Ndbowhunter
black chick holds rifle

buncha mask [bleep] huddling around her

If we are bleeped, it's because of small minded bigots. I am glad to see black people both as employees of the gun industry and participants in shooting sports.
Posted By: GeoW Re: The first Ruger-made Marlin - 10/26/21
I was surprised to hear on Tom Greshams show that Ruger is doing away with micro-groove rifling which has been a Marlin staple since 1955
I'd still like to know what the price will be.
I'd probably buy a Marlin priced lever gun,
but not a Merkel priced Ruger lever

If they don't price them for the wally world
buyers, I imagine a good many will become
spider condos in a dusty warehouse somewhere
Originally Posted by Ranger99

Same thing happened to the Winchester 94. Hopefully Ruger is taking notes
Originally Posted by moosemike
I was surprised to hear on Tom Greshams show that Ruger is doing away with micro-groove rifling which has been a Marlin staple since 1955

Yup , I forgot to mention that... glad I posted the link .

I thought first year micro-groove was 1952-53 ?
Posted By: zcm82 Re: The first Ruger-made Marlin - 10/27/21

I was curious about that, too. I wonder if they're planning on them being an average schmoe's rifle, or more of a niche lineup like the Miroku built Winchester levers. Those are nice, but definitly not catered toward the Billy Joe Walmart crowd at all.

Winchester has no problem selling every lever gun they make.
I hope Ruger builds a quality gun that's top of the line. Let Henry build the cheap stuff.

Yup , I forgot to mention that... glad I posted the link .

I thought first year micro-groove was 1952-53 ?

Officially it was 1956. But I had a late 1955 gun that had micro groove
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem

I hope Ruger builds a quality gun that's top of the line. Let Henry build the cheap stuff.

Yeah because Winchester doesn't make many
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

What difference does it make who’s holding the rifle? Maybe she just happened to be in the center and they asked her to hold it.

That had to be the reason. She just happened to be in the center when they told everyone to line up for the picture.
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem

I have heard they will be priced just slightly higher than Marlin was. In todays world, that is a win for gun buyers.
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

That had to be the reason. She just happened to be in the center when they told everyone to line up for the picture.

Are we complaining about black people with jobs now? What does it feel like to be perpetually aggrieved?

Are we complaining about black people with jobs now? What does it feel like to be perpetually aggrieved?

Yes. It seems like they shouldn't be allowed in the firearms industry particularly if female?
Nobody mentioned anything about black people working for a living...Keep your heads stuck in the sand guys thats how this country has gotten in the politically correct, woke culture shape its in......Hb
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Nobody mentioned anything about black people working for a living...Keep your heads stuck in the sand guys thats how this country has gotten in the politically correct, woke culture shape its in......Hb

We know that. You're only mad because the black woman got to hold the gun

I don't see anywhere that I'm complaining or aggrieved, I just stated the obvious that she must have just happened to be in the right place when they lined up for the picture. I'm not sure what you're trying to read into my statement but you sure are touchy. Those bicycle shorts must have the boys squeezed too tight and it's got you on edge.
I am no lever gun fan, have had Win and Marlins, and just couldnt warm up to em.

And i dont give a flying flip who makes my guns as long as they do a good job.

Maybe shes just well liked and the group nominated her to hold the rifle.

You know old geezers and young wimmins
I'm just glad they didn't let the Ohio State Fan hold it!

Mike
If y'all would use your powers of observation you might notice everyone wearing the color shirt as said rifle holder is wearing a collared polo shirt which means management or smart people....The lady holding the rifle may be the senior engineer over production or something like that...

I don't see anywhere that I'm complaining or aggrieved, I just stated the obvious that she must have just happened to be in the right place when they lined up for the picture. I'm not sure what you're trying to read into my statement but you sure are touchy. Those bicycle shorts must have the boys squeezed too tight and it's got you on edge.

I misunderstood your quote as well. I thought you were being facetious. But everyone knows that wouldn't be the case...
Posted By: SS336 Re: The first Ruger-made Marlin - 10/28/21
Time will tell if it is a good lever action that people will buy.

Ruger makes a good product. I have a #1 and two 77’s, so I like Rugers.

But….. this is not a Marlin…. It is a Ruger lever action. They do not make Marlins anymore. If you want a Marlin lever action, buy one there are plenty out there for sale. At least now.
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly

We know that. You're only mad because the black woman got to hold the gun

Lmao! 😂😂...good post...Hb

Thanks for thinking of my dick.

Thanks for thinking of my dick.

You're welcome, it's the little things that matter.
© 24hourcampfire