Home
Posted By: wink_man Couple of new(to me) rifles - 10/22/21
Went up to my LGS late yesterday and bought a really clean Marlin Camp 9 in 9mm. He also had a Camp 9 in 45ACP, but it was already sold.
Date code of "05" puts the manufacture date at 1995. I figure it will make a nice self defense gun in the house for my favorite lady.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
We did the paperwork but the NICS check was already closed so I had to pick it up today.
As I was talking to my boy Jake there, I spot a small pointed piece of checkering on the pistol grip handle of a buttstock up on the rack and I know that checkering belongs to a Remington 700 BDL.
What's that gun up there in the corner that I can't see I ask.
He says we just got that in, and that's the type of gun that's right up your alley was the reply (he knows me well, LMAO).
He pulls down a pristine, completely unmolested Remington 700 BDL in 30-06 and hands it to me. One little handling mark on the stock and that's it. Scope base filler screws have never been removed and not a brass mark or anything on the bolt face.
Date code of "DH" puts the manufacture date at Sept. of 1987.
I see the price and quietly tell him I'll take that too.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Nice! I always heard good things about those Camp Carbines but never saw one for sale
Posted By: Ky221 Re: Couple of new(to me) rifles - 10/23/21
The camp 9 is cool but I really like that old 700.
Those are two really nice looking rifles. Well done.

I had a Camp 9 and like a dummy, let it get away. I now have a Ruger PC9 that accepts Glock mags and has a threaded barrel. A 32 round happy stick makes for some serious fun and a legit home defense weapon.
Posted By: hanco Re: Couple of new(to me) rifles - 10/23/21
I like the BDL. I just gave one to a friend that did a lot for my son.
Posted By: Futura Re: Couple of new(to me) rifles - 10/23/21
Those are some really nice rifles
I had a 1979 product ADL just like your BDL in 06. I bought it in 1979 at Sears in Minnesota, for like $250...

It was one of those ones that went off on its own several times. So I replaced the trigger, and also replaced the barrel ( which I still have) for a 6mm Remington on a long action, 1 in 7 twist.. PacNor Stainless barrel, heavy magnum contour. It is my most accurate rifle.

I did replace the bottom metal, and converted it into a BDL standard. I took off the glossy factory stock, and replaced it with a Bell and Carlson...

I never liked the gloss stock. I have seen a few tho that guys stripped all that off and refinished the stock in a matt finish using stain. I did that to a stock I got on a 243 ADL, using Cherry Wood Stain and then coated it with Polyurethane...that turned out real nice... too nice to use in the field.. during non hunting season, I put it back in the wood stock, when I go to the range, as it always grabs attention from others..

That Marlin Camp 9 is a nice rifle and in good shape ya got there. I hope New Jersey doesn't classify it as an Assault Weapon and confiscates it from ya.
That would suck. As I understand it ( and may be wrong) its illegal to have Nice things in New Jersey.
Op....what did you pay for the bdl? I've heard of some high prices for bdls of late.
Posted By: rembo Re: Couple of new(to me) rifles - 10/23/21
Judging by the checkering and the XMark Pro trigger I would say that BDL is from 2013.
Originally Posted by rembo
Judging by the checkering and the XMark Pro trigger I would say that BDL is from 2013.

Definitely not an original 87 model. I still have the one daddy signed paperwork on when I was sixteen when I bought it. It looks nothing like the one pictured
Originally Posted by rembo

You are correct Sir, I missed the trigger, that would put the date code year of "H" up to 2013, good catch.
Posted By: jwall Re: Couple of new(to me) rifles - 10/24/21
Very Nice

Great Catch

Jerry
© 24hourcampfire