Home
grabbed this thinking I'd have more time, or possibly a cabin..... I have neither!

Kimber 82 .22 Hornet (of Oregon)
Mannlicher stock

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Missing the rear sight

It needs to go live with someone else, but I can't seem to find any comparable sales on Gunbroker, etc.

Does anyone have a bluebook or gun values bible with this model listed?
Is the receiver tapped for scope base or is it grooved?
Neat rifle. Wish you the best with your sale !
grooved not tapped

thanks Orion... I hope someone pokes .22 holes in lots of things with it
If it were left handed, I'd buy it.
Good luck with it. That’s a really nice little rifle. If I didn’t already have a Super America, I’d go for it.
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

Come join the majority. We’d love to have you on the right side.
Haha...
Great little rifle - PA took rifles away from us this year for fall turkeys otherwise I’d be first in line!!

PennDog
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

smile smile smile
Originally Posted by CreekChub
grabbed this thinking I'd have more time, or possibly a cabin..... I have neither!

Mannlicher stock

Missing the rear sight

It needs to go live with someone else, but I can't seem to find any comparable sales on Gunbroker, etc.

I have owned a lot or KOO rifles and the Hornet has always demanded a premium price, the Mannlicher stock models have always demanded a premium price so putting those two things together you have a rare and IMO desireable rifle. It was likely a special order, if you want to sell it put it on gunbroker and let the bidding start I think you will be surprised.

drover
Originally Posted by drover
Originally Posted by CreekChub

Mannlicher stock

Missing the rear sight

I have owned a lot or KOO rifles and the Hornet has always demanded a premium price, the Mannlicher stock models have always demanded a premium price so putting those two things together you have a rare and IMO desireable rifle. It was likely a special order, if you want to sell it put it on gunbroker and let the bidding start I think you will be surprised.

drover

+1

GWB
CreekChub - your kimber is a model 82 continental. The super continental has butterknife bolt handle a little better grade of walnut and finer checkering pattern. Not many made at all, especially in a hornet. Gunbroker is your best bet if looking to get top dollar. Very hard to price, if a couple guys want it could easily go for over $2500.
Gentlemen,

I really appreciate your thoughts, insights, and kind words.

She’ll be getting cleaned up and headed for a photoshoot prior to being listed on Gunbroker.

Best,
Christian
Good luck with your sale. I'll be following it closely. I have a LH KoO 22 Hornet but it isn't the Continental model.
Beautiful rifle!

Post here when you put it on Gunbroker, so we can watch the bidding fun.
There are at least three Kimber Continental rifles on gunbroker.com right now....

Prices are all over the place, but at the prices they are asking they aren't moving... if you want to sell it price it accordingly and it will move...
Have you a starting price?
CreekChub: I will try to answer your questions.
I am NO Kimber of Oregon expert but I am a fan and own many of them - most in unfired, new in the box condition.
And I wish you best of luck with your sale.
My Blue Book of Gun Values shows your model as "being SPECIAL ORDER only with prices quoted from the factory".
And they do not give any price value listings for the various grades of your Rifle.
They do list the Continental Super" as starting at (in 100% condition) $3,500.00.
So your sightless "Continental" would be worth somewhat less than that - but by how much I am not sure.
I always check the Kimber of Oregon small caliber and rimfire Rifles when I come across them on the used market - but I do not recall seeing a Mannlicher Kimber of Oregon in the flesh.
Wish I could be more help - other than this W.A.G. of $2,500.00+.
My Kimber of Oregon Model 82 Super America Supergrade in 22 Hornet is unfired N.I.B. with wonderful wood and I value it at $3,000.00+ currently.
Again good luck with your sale - it is just VERY hard to appraise rare guns that have few comparables out on the market.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
My cup runneth over! Really, I appreciate the wealth of knowledge you have all shared. I’ll share the link when I get the auction posted.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/917561674

Thanks again, guys. Hopefully it finds a great new home!
Kudos on a good set of pictures, hope you get a really good price for it.
CreekChub: Wowsers on the goings on over at gunbreaker!
It seems there have already been 12 (twelve) bids on your nifty Rifle and the current bid is $1,525.00 (one thousand five hundred and twenty five dollars!).
With 10+ days to go.
It will be interesting to see (for me anyway!) how close my W.A.G. was, of $2,500.00 (two thousand five hundred dollars!), will be to the actual top bid.
Good for you.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I was surprised to see that big jump, but when someone sets their maximum proxy, I guess that can happen.

From the seller dashboard it shows there are 71 users that have added it to their watchlist. Hopefully some oil tycoons and lucky sperm club rich kids decide to duke it out.
Again sweet rifle - I’m going to guess closer to $3000! Good luck and great rifle!!

PennDog
© 24hourcampfire