Home
Posted By: MedRiver Garrett Accur-LT Stocks - 12/05/21
I stumbled on one of these and have never heard of them.

Are they fiberglass or injection molded?

Any good?
Posted By: Brad Re: Garrett Accur-LT Stocks - 12/05/21
Fiberglass and excellent.
Posted By: MedRiver Re: Garrett Accur-LT Stocks - 12/05/21
Thanks Brad!
Posted By: shooter42 Re: Garrett Accur-LT Stocks - 12/05/21
When i was in business i used a bunch of these. They were good stocks and I seem to recall they were hand laid up. He also offered a pretty good variety of designs for the time and action inlets. I particularly liked his Winchester Model 70 featherweight design.
Originally Posted by MedRiver
I stumbled on one of these and have never heard of them.

Are they fiberglass or injection molded?

Any good?

I bought one for my Model 70. Absolutely an excellent hand laid fiberglass stock.
Posted By: MedRiver Re: Garrett Accur-LT Stocks - 12/05/21
Glad to hear the feedback. Just bought this Schnabel model 70 on eBay.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hoping that if it is pillar and glass bedded it will hold up to a .358 Norma. We will see.
Posted By: 10at6 Re: Garrett Accur-LT Stocks - 12/06/21
They are excellent stocks
Posted By: OldRooster Re: Garrett Accur-LT Stocks - 12/06/21
I have one on a custom 30-06 FN that was built some years ago. I was told it’s a Kevlar composite. (?) It has been an excellent stock. And that rifle is the softest shooting ‘06 I’ve had. And I’ve had a bunch. I’m sure the stock is a part of that formula. Hunting with it again this years. Year 15 or 16 for me with that rifle.
Posted By: MedRiver Re: Garrett Accur-LT Stocks - 12/14/21
Mine just arrived. I like the look and feel of it. Seems to be pretty stiff but it needs some work cleaning out the old bedding to get my action to bolt up so we will see.

I am thinking a splatter paint job for a little extra grip is in order since this is going on a bit of a boomer and it is destined for wet conditions in Alaska.
Posted By: OldRooster Re: Garrett Accur-LT Stocks - 12/15/21
Mine is a gray base coat with black and white spatters and a grippy texture under a very durable semi-gloss topcoat. It’s worked out well.
© 24hourcampfire