Home
Have a chance to buy. Seems like a good deal. Blued with wood grips. Near new condition 22lr. 4 5/8 barrel. (It's the modern version, not a 3 screw.)

Prices on GB are all over the map. What is a reasonable value?

Thanks y'all.
Hard to say.....

What’s he asking for it?
I hesitate to even comment because I don’t know jack about pistols.

There was one at a local shop before Christmas for $350. Blued and black grips. Beyond they I don’t know anything about it. Didn’t look to be in bad shape or bluing worn down. I didn’t pull it out if display case though or even know how old it was. To me, I’d rather pay $350 for it than $200 for a Wrangler.
I was set to buy a 3 screw SS just before Christmas. I ended up passing because I spied a Husqvarna 1640 in 6.5x55 for a super price. The SS? it was offered at $349. In my area, between $3-400 is fair for a New Model SS Convertable, lots ask more, but Inever see them sell. Those with only one cylinder usually sell for about $50 less.
Thanks y'all.
Nothing quite like a single six thread in a "hunting rifle" sub forum....😂😂 it just never ends around here.
Originally Posted by Judman
Nothing quite like a single six thread in a "hunting rifle" sub forum....😂😂 it just never ends around here.

That's fair. Didn't think I'd get the same info in classifieds because folks who assumed I was actually selling one would weigh in. If it'll make you feel better, I'll rig it up with a butt stock, Colonel Mortimer style.
I bought a three screw a few years back for $200. On the way home I saw a yard sale sign so detoured to see if there was anything of interest. Guy had a Colt Frontier Scout with no price on is. I asked ad he said it's just a .22, not a real Colt Frontier. It was very clean so again I asked the price. He very hesitantly said, "Would $100 be too much?" Tried to hide the grin as I faked giving it a good once over and, "I'll take it for that price." Not only was it immaculate but unlike one I had years ago that came to a bad end, this on shot to the sights at 25 yards.
Paul B.
It is worth $10. Where do you want me to mail the check?
Ha, MAC, send me the check but leave the amount blank. I'll make sure you get the Ruger 😇😂
Is there still a handgun section?
Single Sixes can vary based on collectability--some versions are very rare and are priced accordingly.

A shooter should go for $275-375 based on condition, whether it's stainless or blue, and whether it has both cylinders (22 LR and 22 WMR).

Okie John
Repost this in the handgun section and I think you will get much more accurate answers. Single action handguns aren't being made much right now and how gotten more expensive. As with any gun, value is based on condition. In addition, the 4-5/8" is very popular.
Check out recent closed auctions on Gunbroker and you'll know for a fact the current market.
© 24hourcampfire