Home
Family member bought one of these WalMart closeout Savage Axis, which I helped him find. The trigger is c#ap - long and screechy (for want of a better word).

I'm helping sight it in.

Is there a quick DIY fix, without having to buy an aftermarket trigger?
There is a spring swap. Mcarbo is the name of the company
Look on YouTube for more info
wow, I just checked out aftermarket triggers for Savage Axis rifles......
I was able to turn a terrible Axis trigger into a very acceptable one without much trouble. A little stoning and spring trimming I believe is all I had to do.
Originally Posted by DennisB
I was able to turn a terrible Axis trigger into a very acceptable one without much trouble. A little stoning and spring trimming I believe is all I had to do.

This.

I looked at several YouTube videos and started with trimming the spring. I took it from >7# to a little over 3#. It is a little creepy but but it is enough of an improvement I can live with the current trigger until spring. I find the overtravel to a bigger irritant but will combine that with a little stoning later.
This is how I did mine. Adding the cap lock screw takes the creep out that just clipping the spring doesn't.

https://www.huntinggearguy.com/tips/diy-savage-axis-trigger-job/
Guys:

Clipped the spring about 1 1/3 coils and stoned the trigger assembly, and we are good to go! Not sure the poundage but greatly improved for sure. Thanks for the info! Massive improvement!

Ohh. The "cheap fix" part: Zero $ and just a little bit of time. Taa daa!

© 24hourcampfire