Home
Posted By: Pappy348 Pendleton Mini stock arrived - 01/28/22
Took about two months. 17.6 ounces. Should get it together tomorrow.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: Pendleton Mini stock arrived - 01/28/22
Nice. Look forward to the report
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Nice. Mine is still a touch muzzle heavy. Considering cutting barrel off behind muzzle threads and/or fluting.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Good deal. My Howa sits at 4lbs 12.5oz bare in a Pendleton. Nicely shaped stocks.
Posted By: rj308 Re: Pendleton Mini stock arrived - 01/28/22
Saweeeet!
I doubt I will ever put one of these stocks on my Mini, although they do look nice, but I sure would like to get their bottom metal. Has anyone heard when they're going to be available again?
Call and ask. Wayne York has answered the phone every time I called.

If it’s going to be a while, I’d consider the DIP replacement metal. Fixes the dropped mag problem (so they claim), and it’s well, metal. If I ever find a .223 Carbon Stalker, I think I’ll try one.
Originally Posted by drano 25

Nice. Mine is still a touch muzzle heavy. Considering cutting barrel off behind muzzle threads and/or fluting.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

My scope is a straight-tube Trijicon. That should help, although a little muzzle-heavy wouldn’t be terrible.
Call and ask. Wayne York has answered the phone every time I called.

If it’s going to be a while, I’d consider the DIP replacement metal. Fixes the dropped mag problem (so they claim), and it’s well, metal. If I ever find a .223 Carbon Stalker, I think I’ll try one.

I solved the dropped magazine problem by cutting the mag down and grinding down the mag release button a little. The "fix" only holds 3 rounds, and the release button is a little hard to reach, but I like it much, much better now. If it just wasn't plastic, I'd be happy.
Posted By: CP Re: Pendleton Mini stock arrived - 01/28/22
This my $25.00 fix
[Linked Image]

The Fix
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Kaleb Re: Pendleton Mini stock arrived - 01/28/22
I’m going to buy a mini or two as soon as I’m able to. So this isn’t a critical comment.

I have a couple 223 Montana’s some tikkas and already have the 6 arc ammo so I’ll order a mini when available. Wouldn't it be kinda cool to be able to buy one of these ultra light small handy rifles and just load them and shoot them?

The kimber requires some tinkering and in some cases trouble shooting. The tikka requires new bottom metal and magazines or tinker with the factory magazine to be able to use the 8” twist talking about tikka 223. Now with the mini it’s swapping stocks altering and replacing bottom metal. Unless you find a carbon then it’s just worrying about the bottom metal.

I’m cutting up about this but some truth to it too. Like the companies look at each other and agree to only go 90%….lol.
For better or worse, here it is. New weight is 6 pounds, 9.3oz, much better thank you! Inside pic because it’s snowing and powdery snow over iced-over snow is hazardous to old men.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: barm Re: Pendleton Mini stock arrived - 01/28/22
For better or worse, here it is. New weight is 6 pounds, 9.3oz, much better thank you! Inside pic because it’s snowing and powdery snow over iced-over snow is hazardous to old men.

[Linked Image]

Nice!
I’m into this one for less than a grand, thanks to a great deal on the base rifle from Whittaker, $359 with two stocks. The Carbon models are a little lighter, but I’m happy with the package. At normal prices, a Carbon model and new floorplate would run about the same as a regular model tricked out like mine. The snag for now is there aren’t any floorplates to be had. Can’t figure out why Howa (Legacy) hasn’t taken the hint about the floorplates. The presence of at least two aftermarket models woud seem to be a clue.

That scope weighs 18oz. An Accupoint 3-9 in LW Talleys would cut about a half-pound, but I like the Credo 1-6.
That is a nice looking rig. I am thinking about setting one up like this later this year and topping it with a Kahles 2-7x36 in Talleys. I am high on the Minis. Both of my girls use them as their main deer rifles and I have one in 7.62x39 that is my favorite knock around rifle.

[Linked Image]

Looks good!

Mine is 6 lbs 12 oz with the Weaver GS 3-12x42. When I said it was a touch muzzle heavy, I really meant it was a touch beyond my preferred, slightly muzzle heavy balance.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: Pendleton Mini stock arrived - 01/29/22
I’m convinced my girls and myself need them too. I really like the looks of those stocks too.
Posted By: Dinny Re: Pendleton Mini stock arrived - 01/30/22
My Mini is pictured on Wayne's website. It's amongst my favorites!

[Linked Image]

Attached picture IMG_20201128_52502.jpg
Originally Posted by Dinny
My Mini is pictured on Wayne's website. It's amongst my favorites!

What trigger are you using? I despise the factory howa safety knub with a passion. I have been wanting to switch to something that resembles a Rem 700 safety and that looks pretty close.
Son just got a mini in 223 with a 1-8 twist. I haven't got my hands on it yet, but following these mods closely. Anxious to see how it will shoot 75 and 77 grain bullets.

[Linked Image]

Good looking rifle
Posted By: Dinny Re: Pendleton Mini stock arrived - 02/02/22
I got a modified Timney trigger from Wayne York.
Is everyone still loving these Pendleton stocks? I have been looking at my options and it's either this or the Bell and Carlson unless I send something to LRI to have inletted which probably isn't going to happen.
Haven’t shot mine yet. The barrel is now fully floated instead of full contact, so that might need futzing with. The new stock is a very tight fit and took a while to get it all together with the floorplate, follower, and mag box. Once together, feeding was perfect.

If you want to lighten yours up, this seems like the best way.
Looks like a fantastic mini action setup. Honestly it's how the gun should come from the factory, or at least be an option.
The Carbon Stalker comes pretty close. Not sure how many are willing to pay the cost from the factory. I think they discontinued the Alpines over supply problems with the stock.
The carbon stalker is a good looking gun. I have a heavy barrel, is the Pendleton wide enough to accommodate that,?
Originally Posted by DryPowder
The carbon stalker is a good looking gun. I have a heavy barrel, is the Pendleton wide enough to accommodate that,?

It is. I had my HB in one before I swapped over to the smaller contour.
Posted By: Dinny Re: Pendleton Mini stock arrived - 06/22/22
Originally Posted by DryPowder

The PCS stocks are all made around the Howa heavy barrel. Mine has a gap around the standard countour barrel but it's not unsightly.
Posted By: fshaw Re: Pendleton Mini stock arrived - 03/30/24
I just received my Pendleton stock for my 22” tapered barreled action that I purchased from Brownell’s. The stock is nicely made and weighs 18.6 oz. by my scale.

The barrel channel inlet is much wider than what I’d expect , probably nearly 1/8” on the sides and bottom of the barrel. To me it looks like it was inletted for the heavy barreled action. The inlet behind the rear tang has a gap, though smaller, as well. For those of you have purchased this stock, was your barrel channel inlet excessively large as well? I spoke with Wayne Your on the phone when he took my order. He did not ask about which barrel configuration my action had.

If all his stocks come this way I’ll just have to deal with it. It is disappointing though.

Thanks for your help.

Frank
Originally Posted by fshaw
I just received my Pendleton stock for my 22” tapered barreled action that I purchased from Brownell’s. The stock is nicely made and weighs 18.6 oz. by my scale.

The barrel channel inlet is much wider than what I’d expect , probably nearly 1/8” on the sides and bottom of the barrel. To me it looks like it was inletted for the heavy barreled action. The inlet behind the rear tang has a gap, though smaller, as well. For those of you have purchased this stock, was your barrel channel inlet excessively large as well? I spoke with Wayne Your on the phone when he took my order. He did not ask about which barrel configuration my action had.

If all his stocks come this way I’ll just have to deal with it. It is disappointing though.

Thanks for your help.

Frank
Weird that you didn't discuss barrel types.
He must have thought you had the heavy barrel version.
I'd send it back, myself. Those things are too expensive to put up with that.
I bought the cheaper, heavier Bell&Carlson for the same barreled action and it fit like a glove.
The JO bottom metal also fit like a glove.
© 24hourcampfire