Home
Cross posted

Opinions?

Looking for some 257 Roberts Improved dies and the RCBS dies are about 2x the cost. Is it worth the difference? All my current dies are RCBS and Hornady which I like but I've never used or owned the Lee dies. I understand loads of folks like Redding dies but I don't want to spend $100+ on the dies.

Thanks,
Rob
40 of my 50 sets of dies are Lee. I don't see any difference. except cheaper. Wallacem inGa
I've had very good luck with the LEE dies but usually pare them with a Hornady seater with the sliding sleeve.
I've had ok luck with Lee. I like to swap out the lock ring for a hornady etc that doesn't have the rubber o-ring.
I was wondering this same thing. I just bought a 450 bushmaster rifle and want to get dies for it. RCBS and Hornady are $100 and the Lee set is $50. I have never owned a set of Lee dies so this might be a good set to expirement with.
Interesting conversation, I've swapped out all my lock rings for Lee but they are all in turret heads so they never get removed since setting up.
The Pacesetter dies are a really bad deal, for not a lot of extra bucks you can get the deluxe set which is the deal of the century
Side note, I loctite the rings once set, on the seater and collet, no reason to change them in the future
Thanks for the insights folks. Set of RCBS dies on the way.
© 24hourcampfire