Home
Just wondering what the old. Tang safety Ruger 77’s are going for these days. I know where I can pick one up in a .250 Savage and.22-250. Both used but in very good condition.the savage is a little more used but the 22-250 Is in a little better condition.
$600-700 on the classifieds here for used, standard chamberings, likely more for the 250 Savage. Add $200+ on GB.
The 250's in most configurations are pretty desirable right now. I was looking last fall, and couldn't find one under 1150 and that one had some pretty obvious wear. The nicer ones were a couple hundred more. Prices are going to vary based configuration and condition. A 250 in RLS will be a good bit more than a standard R model., but even R's and RS's are in demand. The 22 250's are less collected or swooned over. I think both tend to have higher values than the 06's and 270's and 7 mm mags

Lately used guns have been going up. Maybe that will continue maybe they will drop, you just never know. If you want them and you have the money, well.....
Bfly
the .250 savage followed me home. Couldn't just leave it there!! $850 including a box of ammo and a redfield 4x scope.

almost got the 22-250, and still might for no real reason...just because!
If Its a early R model with Douglas barrel, ya did pretty good. If an RSI ya did real good, but if its a RS Flatbolt, ya scored BIGLY!!!
Posted By: ckat Re: Tang safety ruger price check - 03/28/22
Good buy!!!
Sorry I thought I was more specific. Is RSI 2:50 Savage. Tang safety
Ya did pretty darn good!
I have one in 284 winchester.
Took a while to find one.
I've never followed Rugers but after reading this thread, I checked out several tang safety Rugers from an estate that I'm liquidating through the LGS. There's a 458 WM that's NIB as well as a 7mm RM and a 25-06 heavy barrel. All are in 80%+ in appearance.
LGS is Granite View Sports. Cody may not have em checked in yet.
© 24hourcampfire