Home
PSA...This could be a long post, maybe even a longer thread, depending on you, my Fire brethren. There will be pictures, and more coming later.

Let’s begin with some housekeeping and a declaration of how the hell I ended up with the above box rifle.

First, I’m a fanboy of the 6.5 PRC. I own a couple already that are custom builds. Both are excellent rifles that exceeded my expectations in everything Gun Loony. I recently came across a Seekins Havak Element in my beloved chambering and have decided I need one. I haven’t ordered one yet, but I will.

Recently, as in last night, I decided that I wanted a rimfire ranch rifle that I can toss, uncased, into the UTV, or throw on my ATV while I’m doing chores on the property. I have several rimfire rifles, but they all have sexy to decent wood furniture. I wasn’t warming to the idea of banging the shît outta the wood stocks. So a new rimfire rifle was needed....BigStick, if you’re reading this part, I already know, I’m a vagina about banging up my rifles while doing chores.

I decided on a Bergara BMR carbon barreled rig in 17 HMR. Composite stock, wrapped carbon barrel, Rem 700 platform for ease in trading out the trigger if required. Plus it’s light.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I buy one online last night. This morning I head to my LGS to give them the transfer info on the Bergara. While I’m waiting, I see this 6.5 PRC on the wall with a price point of $799.00. From a distance I thought it was a Tikka T3x Light Veil for $799. No brainer, if it was. Unfortunately, instead it was a Franchi Momentum Elite. I put my paws on it and immediately it screamed a Tikka-esque rifle. Solid, stiff stock, smooth action, good lock up, etc. it looked and felt like a decent rifle for the price.

The counter guy said the Momentum comes with a 7 year, non-abused warranty and guarantee of Sub MOA. The dinger bell goes off in my brain that say’s “ranch rifle for rough use, please buy me”.

Ok, done. I’m out the door, but first I ask what scopes do you have that are 30mm and sub $700 dollars? A Leupold VX3-HD in 4.5-14x40 was the only scope meeting what I was willing to spend. Meh, it’s a Leupold on a truck gun, sounded about right.

Back home now, I tear the rifle apart for a fast cleaning and reduction in trigger pull from a factory pull weight of a fat woman being dragged away from her bowl of ice cream, down to 2lbs....I grabbed some Steiner 30mm low rings, I had already, and spun the whole enchilada together.

I snag a box of some old 130 grain Sierra GameChanger reloads I had done up using Retumbo, that neither of my two other PRC’s like to eat, and then strolled to my range to see what this box gun had in store for me.

It shot just like what I’d expect a box rifle to shoot like that had, had a bus parked on its barrel. Sub 1 MOA Guarantee? Oh hell, NO! We’re talk’n Sub 4 MOA.

I ran 35 rounds down it’s throat. I even started cleaning the barrel after 6 rounds fired, then giving it a couple of fouler rounds before I went back to the serious target work. Nothing made this rifle shoot like it is advertised. A quick trip back to the gun room, I grab a box of my 130gr NAB’s that are under H1000. This load, both my other PRC’s will do 1/2 MOA consistently.

The Nosler Accubond weren’t even hitting the splash target. I had to call each round fired 6-7 MOA off the target. That’s bizarre-O.

Typically, IME, changing out a bullet, in the same grain weight, will hit either a little high/low/left/right on the same target that a load was used for sighting in the rifle originally...I’m a smidge miffed, coupled with a sick feeling in my stomach that I had once before, after I bought a Kimber 84M Varmint rifle in 204 Rug. I hit the loser lottery on that box, Sub MOA rifle. PAC-Nor saved my ass with a new Match Barrel. That Kimber still stings.

Back to the loading room, I take 6 rounds from my Berger 135gr Classic Hunter reloads. These shoot good in everything....Except this rifle, that I’m now calling a PILE of SHOOTING SHÎT!

Same thing happened with the Berger rounds. They all landed off the target into never-never land. I throw in another Sierra GameChanger reload and drill the center X. Follow up with 2 more shots with the same and I’m sending them into 2-3 MOA on the target, just like when I started.

An aside, this was a long shooting session by allowing the barrel to cool down to just warm and even cold while checking the target.

Finally, Knowing I was whooped, I gave up. I rolled back to the gun room. Checked the scope rings, base, and rifle action screws. All were tight - not the issue.

Could it be the Leupold scope? Maybe. Tomorrow I’m mounting my SWFA 5-20x50 on it. This will tell me if I’m contacting Leupold or sending the rifle back to Franchi. I actually hope it’s a scope issue. That is a lot easier than trying to convince a rifle company that I caught a bad barrel and need a new tube screwed on.

Now for some pictures and reviews of my findings about the overall rifle.

The box says “Feels Right” it should say “Feels Like Being Ned Beatty”

Barrel comes floated.

Integrated Rail

Bolt is chrome plated and heavy with a 60* throw.

The rifles action is very smooth with little felt machining. Not quite as smooth as a Tikka action, but very close.

Continued....

🦫

Hey Paul, did you forget and log in as Beaver10?
Nobody but nobody can get a bad rifle like that except Mr Barnard.
😂
Remington 700 Platform for utility if swapping out the trigger. The factory trigger, once I reduced the pull to 2lbs is actually sweet. No creep, lag, or slop. Firm until the trigger breaks cleanly. Easy adjusting. Losen hex nut, turn the screw inside, tighten hex nut. Done.

Bottom plate, trigger guard is plastic, and feels a smidge flimsy. The magazine release is located inside the guard housing. I’m a fan of out of the way mag releases.

Stock has molded into it swivel holes that are recessed. Make the stocks look futuristic 🙄

[url=https://postimg.cc/BXBZWpRq][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Magazine is plastic. Lips feel thin, making me believe they could be easily damaged, if a guy in a rush, forgets to depress the magazine release lever while inserting the mag into the rifle.

The mag holds 3 rounds

The barrel a 1/8 twist that is 24” long, with brake puts it 25”. Don’t know the barrel contour. I would simply say, it’s a Sporter Barrel.

Range and felt recoil. I put 35 rounds through a maybe a 8.5lb rifle, all up, without any thought of its recoil. The PRC is a pussycat with a brake.

Sierra GameChanger 130gr

The Money Shot...That didn’t make me hard.

For a box gun that is priced less than a Tikka T3x in PRC @ $799. If it lives up to its accuracy claim of Sub MOA. I’d buy it, again. It’s a decent rifle that may have a scope failure, if it’s not the scope, then I’ll see what Franchi customer service feels like.

More to come....

🦫

Originally Posted by m_stevenson
😂

Mark, I was actually gonna throw this thread up as a Paul B purchase for a laugh.

Lol

🦫
Beaver10: thanks for putting in the effort of what to date us a very thorough review. I’m looking forward to more.
Originally Posted by Beaver10
😂

Mark, I was actually gonna throw this thread up as a Paul B purchase for a laugh.

Lol

🦫

Great minds and all that. Or is it twisted minds? I get confused at times. 👍😁
If it's the Leup0ld, maybe J0hn Bürns can help expedite.

I've found it best to get started early with them. You want to make sure there's enough time to send the optic back and forth three times before the start of hunting season.

😀
Originally Posted by kingston

I've found it best to get started early with them. You want to make sure there's enough time to send the optic back and forth three times before the start of hunting season.

😀

I reached out to JB already, but got a message he was only talking to Trump at this time.
🤷🏽‍♀️😜🦫
Damn, it’s almost hard to believe the rifle could shoot that [bleep] Beav. I’ll be watching this one. Hard to sort out what it could be between the Leupold and a new rifle but man, you’d think the barrel has interrupted rifling to shoot that bad whistle

Maybe try a tighter choke?
Thanks for the "preliminary" report Beav. It's nice to get reports on these inexpensive rifles that are available. Some are exceptional and some are a bust. Assuming they seem to be a bust, it's nice to learn the remedies that seem to make them work.

On another note, for the love of all that is holy, please, please, spread some crap around your benches and tables. Seeing them without a bunch of crap strewn about and piled up made me throw up in my mouth a little.
my standard momentum in .308 is superbly accurate ...
Originally Posted by beretzs
Damn, it’s almost hard to believe the rifle could shoot that [bleep] Beav. I’ll be watching this one. Hard to sort out what it could be between the Leupold and a new rifle but man, you’d think the barrel has interrupted rifling to shoot that bad whistle

Scotty, right now it’s acting like a good Turkey Gun.

Lol

🦫
😂

That was the first thing I thought!!! Either that or Paul all of sudden decided to move to Oregon.

Beav, nice job on the BMR. I'm looking to get the steel version in 22lr to play around with. Put a TBAC 22 or DA Mask on it and squirrels better look out!!!!
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Thanks for the "preliminary" report Beav. It's nice to get reports on these inexpensive rifles that are available. Some are exceptional and some are a bust. Assuming they seem to be a bust, it's nice to learn the remedies that seem to make them work.

On another note, for the love of all that is holy, please, please, spread some crap around your benches and tables. Seeing them without a bunch of crap strewn about and piled up made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Bro, I’ll look for some bald tires and a old, stained, corduroy loveseat to toss next to the table.

I need to stain or paint the bench. Woods already starting to show the effects from early spring rains.

More coming tonight.

🦫
Originally Posted by Heeler
😂

That was the first thing I thought!!! Either that or Paul all of sudden decided to move to Oregon.

Beav, nice job on the BMR. I'm looking to get the steel version in 22lr to play around with. Put a TBAC 22 or DA Mask on it and squirrels better look out!!!!

Heeler,

You see this deal in our classifieds? It’s still available.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...true/re-bergara-bmr-22-anib#Post17110086

🦫

Lol

🦫

HA! Man, I feel for you! I'd be pissed with a dud rifle. Had a Remington dud once and it was maddening.
This is a FWIW post...

I bought a Franchi Instinct and put maybe 400 rounds through it shooting sporting clays. Didn't like it much compared to an automatic so I sold it through my lgs. The new owner didn't have it more than 2 or 3 weeks and it wouldn't cock anymore. I never had a single problem with it. Still under warranty if I owned it but now it wasn't the original owner. Gun shop guy is a buddy of mine and asked if I cared if they sent it to Franchi in my name for the warranty, which of course I didn't. Franchi fixed it for "me" and the new owner is happy now. I'd be surprised it they didn't take care of this problem.
I’m mounting up a SWFA this second. This scope will tell me where my tale of woes lies. Barrel or the Leupold scope.

Look at this picture, I just took of the (horizontal) stringing of shots fired using Abonds on the left and Berger bullet on the right.

I’ve never seen such a huge variance in bullet types fired from a sighted in rifle, using a similar bullet grain weight.

I don’t remember what the “horizontal string” tea leaves indicate when doing load development...I think it means a seating depth issues.

All the loads are using the same SAAMI seating depth - which have shot either Sub MOA or 1 MOA out of my two others custom builds. Meaning, it shouldn’t be the loads causing poor accuracy.

This picture is of the spraying of the Sierra GC bullet I used for sighting in. I shot this right after the NAB and Berger’s were tried.

🦫
Originally Posted by 450BM
This is a FWIW post...

I bought a Franchi Instinct and put maybe 400 rounds through it shooting sporting clays. Didn't like it much compared to an automatic so I sold it through my lgs. The new owner didn't have it more than 2 or 3 weeks and it wouldn't cock anymore. I never had a single problem with it. Still under warranty if I owned it but now it wasn't the original owner. Gun shop guy is a buddy of mine and asked if I cared if they sent it to Franchi in my name for the warranty, which of course I didn't. Franchi fixed it for "me" and the new owner is happy now. I'd be surprised it they didn't take care of this problem.

That’s actually good to hear about Franchi. I’m a big Benelli shotgun fan. Today at the range will point me in the direction I need to pursue for correcting the issue. It’s either the scope or barrel. I will know in a few hours.

More later.

🦫

I don’t remember what the “horizontal string” tea leaves indicate when doing load development...I think it means a seating depth issues.

Horizontal stringing...something tells me you have a bedding issue.

Properly bed them fatties and gold will appear.
Originally Posted by T_Inman

Agreed. Or a barrel that is barely free-floated.

Lol

🦫

Maybe the shotgun assemblers subbed for the rifle assemblers that day?
I’m back from the range using a SWFA 5-20x50 HD scope, that is 100% solid from past rifles it’s been mounted on.

Clearly the problem lies with the rifle, not the scope(s).

After getting on paper @ 25 yards, I made a couple elev/wind adjustments at 100 yards. I sent my first round just above the “X”. Then the next 3 shots kinda clustered to the right.

I would have been ok with that 3 shot grouping, as a starting point. I walked to the target and put a black sticker on my first shot above the “X”.
(The 4 other stickers are from yesterday)

Then I fired 3 more shots that spread left across the target. Noting that I didn’t make any adjustments on the turrets after the first shot hit above the “X”. The rifle is showing inconsistencies that indicate, what, bedding issues, bad barrel? Idk.

Back in the gun room. I pulled the SWFA, tore the barrel/action from the stock and checked the lug for any movement. There wasn’t anything to show me an easily seen stock problem. Put the rifle back together and it feels solid - no movement forward/back or side to side. The only thing I see is the stock channel on the left side, is just barely touching the barrel. There is slight barrel movement within the stock channel, if I apply some light pressure to either side of the barrel. I have other rifles that have a similar movement, but shoot like a demon.

I’m stumped! I called Franchi, explaining what I’m seeing. They are emailing me an RMA.

Here’s my final solution. If I get the rifle back and there isn’t a significant improvement. I’m going to send it to Shaen- Shooter71 and have him rebarrel the rifle.

There is no way I’d sell this rifle to someone, only to have to them deal with this accuracy problem.

So much for a bargain, box gun. FML 🤦‍♀️

🦫
Originally Posted by Heeler

Lol

🦫

Maybe the shotgun assemblers subbed for the rifle assemblers that day?

No kidding...lol

🦫
I'd yank that scope base and inspect those screws. Might be digging into the barrel threads.
Then reinstall with measured torque.
Originally Posted by WTM45
I'd yank that scope base and inspect those screws. Might be digging into the barrel threads.
Then reinstall with measured torque.

Ok...I’ll check that out.

🦫
😂

Lololol
Beav, I know the gun is still patterning like a good buckshot load, but did the groups sorta tighten up with the new scope? I’m not sure, just seemed like it was really bad with the other scope and just bad with this one. Could be a complete coincidence and I’m seeing things.
I'd make sure we're not twisting or torquing the forend to put pressure / contact on one side of the barrel in the front rest. I've seen this happen before. With similar results

😀

That does not stop the algorithm.

I still get the notifications.

It gets exhausting at times.

But I have stopped the LDS in the Optics forum and Lil Fish was on his best behaviour during his last release.

Solving World Peace seems doable.
Originally Posted by ldholton
I'd make sure we're not twisting or torquing the forend to put pressure / contact on one side of the barrel in the front rest. I've seen this happen before. With similar results

That could be a possibility ☝🏽

Franchi sent me an RA. It’s up to them now to source the problem, whether it’s the stock hitting the barrel or a bad tube.

We’ll see what happens in the future.

🦫

Beav, I know the gun is still patterning like a good buckshot load, but did the groups sorta tighten up with the new scope? I’m not sure, just seemed like it was really bad with the other scope and just bad with this one. Could be a complete coincidence and I’m seeing things.

Scotty, it was a little better with the SWFA, I think. But, I didn’t shoot anywhere near the 35 rounds I fired the first time out.

🦫
Wow! Boy am I glad I dug deep last week and bought the T3x Wideland Bronze Cerakote 6.5 PRC instead of the Momentum Elite I handled just minutes before. I loved the camo on the Elite, and it handled well, but I wondered if those integrated sling mount points might egg out or get brittle and break over time. The deal breaker though was the bolt not locking. Hope you eventually get it shooting acceptable! Thanks for the review.

Doc_Holidude
Originally Posted by Doc_Holidude
Wow! Boy am I glad I dug deep last week and bought the T3x Wideland Bronze Cerakote 6.5 PRC instead of the Momentum Elite I handled just minutes before. I loved the camo on the Elite, and it handled well, but I wondered if those integrated sling mount points might egg out or get brittle and break over time. The deal breaker though was the bolt not locking. Hope you eventually get it shooting acceptable! Thanks for the review.

Doc_Holidude

Good decision on your part.

If the LGS would’ve had a T3x Lite on hand. Like you, I would have bought it over the Franchi without hesitation. The Momentum Elite was strictly a impulse buy, and one I’m having to deal with the consequences of.

Lol

🦫
Well Bohn Jurns was no help.

I'd take that fugker back. Hopefully the LGS has some pull with the distro. You could spend a small fortune on ammo and sanity trying to make that right and then how right will it be.

I'd take that fugker back. Hopefully the LGS has some pull with the distro. You could spend a small fortune on ammo and sanity trying to make that right and then how right will it be.

Idholton and Shooter71 might be onto something. They both think it could be a pressure problem, in the stock, that is moving the barrel when I apply front loading pressure on the stock before each shot.

I did take that into consideration, by trying to use the same set up and hold of the rifle in the shooting rest. If it’s a stock bedding issue, great! Franchi can flip me another stock and be done with it.

This rifle for me, has now crossed over into the realm of shovel and posthole digger tool.

Lol

🦫

PS

JB, was only hoping I’d be trying to crucify his beloved Leupold before weighing in on my lack of shooting skills.

Beaver; thanks for the update. Please let us know how this sorts out.
Last night I edited out a reference to it as a tomato stake. I worried it was too soon and didn't want to be insensitive.

LOL

PS. If the flimsy ass tupperware stock is impacting barrel harmonics as pressure is applied to the forend, I don't see how another flimsy ass tupperware stock will fix that. Maybe they'll send you a McMillian.

If you haven't move on, I could not see from your pictures how the metal birds mouth at the front action screw interfaced with the underside of the receiver or the recoil lug to stock interface.
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Which to my mind at least, is a bedding issue. Fo` shizzle.
Those flimsy stalks on rifles such as these, plus the Ruger American, etc. are absolutely worthless.
Last night I edited out a reference to it as a tomato stake. I worried it was too soon and didn't want to be insensitive.

LOL

PS. If the flimsy ass tupperware stock is impacting barrel harmonics as pressure is applied to the forend, I don't see how another flimsy ass tupperware stock will fix that. Maybe they'll send you a McMillian.

If you haven't move on, I could not see from your pictures how the metal birds mouth at the front action screw interfaced with the underside of the receiver or the recoil lug to stock interface.

god, I love you...You obviously know me, so well. “Moved on” you say....Absofuckinlutely! I got a PM into Shaen with a new build specs for a beater gun. My small beaver paws are crossed, hoping Shaen will take me up on the build.

Fûck’n cheapo box guns suck....At least for me. Waaaah! 🤬😩

🦫

Those flimsy stalks on rifles such as these, plus the Ruger American, etc. are absolutely worthless.

All I hear when you talk is.....Bring me another beer and run me a hot bath for my feet.

😂🦫

I guess being irked about the bolt not locking, and worrying about the sling mount points failing might have been the least of my problems if I’d bought the Momentum! It sucks when you have to worry about “MOBD” accuracy instead of being remotely close to MOA. Damn those impulse buys! I spose you could always screw a red reflector on each side of the stock and put it on the edge of your driveway or by your mailbox. Sorry for the bad luck this one.

Doc_Holidude
I hope I’m not derailing the thread but my only experience with cheap box guns in plastic stocks was a 7-08 Weatherby Vanguard in the grey injection molded stock with the black rubber grip panels. It was on sale for a good price and I “needed” a new toy.

Planned on playing around with it then move it on. It needed bedding and free floating but after that it is so consistent it has become one of may favorites.

It’s a bummer that this rifle has been such a pain.

PS

JB, was only hoping I’d be trying to crucify his beloved Leupold before weighing in on my lack of shooting skills.

Sounds like you found the # issue with bad Leupolds. grin

All I hear when you talk is.....Bring me another beer and run me a hot bath for my feet.

😂🦫

I love it when you talk dirty like that.

Switch that stock out with something worth a sh:t, make sure no goofy contact points are on the bbl, and I will bet you'll have a rifle worth the trouble.
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

PS

You should drag this thread over to the optic forum for fun.

Heads be exploding like prairie dogs hit with a 243 Win, if you did.

😬🦫
Originally Posted by GRF
I hope I’m not derailing the thread but my only experience with cheap box guns in plastic stocks was a 7-08 Weatherby Vanguard in the grey injection molded stock with the black rubber grip panels. It was on sale for a good price and I “needed” a new toy.

Planned on playing around with it then move it on. It needed bedding and free floating but after that it is so consistent it has become one of may favorites.

It’s a bummer that this rifle has been such a pain.

Today, most economy rifle will shoot pretty good. Like you said, the stocks are the weak link and might need some attention to make them shoot better.

While this rifle is my problem. I can’t specifically tell where I’d need to cut and grind away stock material. If that’s even the issue.

Franchi made it. They can fix it. Especially when it just came out of the box.

I didn’t buy this rifle to throw it into a $300-$400 dollar stock. I bought it for a specific purpose of riding shotgun with me and their stock catching all the dings, dents and sorry’s.

😬🦫

😬🦫

Hopefully you get back a rifle you can sell without a guilty conscience.

I bet the Bergara works as it should.

It will need a muffler. grin

😬🦫

Hopefully you get back a rifle you can sell without a guilty conscience.

I bet the Bergara works as it should.

It will need a muffler. grin

Muffler...LOL

You dick!

😂🦫
I read this review article on the Franchi Momentum Elite today. Extended accuracy problems were apparently experienced, by the reviewers after firing a few rounds at the target.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/content/a-first-for-franchi-momentum-rifle/

I didn’t come away after reading it, with a warm, fuzzy, tingling feeling. The rifle is trucking back to Franchi for them to look into it’s issues.

When I get it back, it’s going down the road, here locally. Most likely I will take it back to where I bought it. Take my lumps for it’s failures and mine for buying it impulsively, without reading up on the rifles behaviors.

Nothing more here to see. It’s a lesson in, do your research on new and unproven firearms before buying.

🦫

IIRC, Mule Deer went on an Industry hunt with one of these, a .308, and ended up buying it, or another just like it. The groups in that AR piece are 5-shot, so not awful, but yours are kinda sad. Hope they sort it out for you. Stuff like this, even when it gets sorted out in the end, just kills your fun, plus it’s a giant PITA to send stuff back, no small task these days, and you risk disaster in shipping twice to boot.
Thanks for taking one for the team Beav. Great review regardless, and I applaud your efforts.
I found your review by Googling my issue and made an account just to let you know I have the EXACT same problem with mine in .223. Accuracy is all over the place. And like you, mine too was a impulse buy which I rarely do.

100yd group: https://imgur.com/JxW1EEY
200yd group: https://imgur.com/BeO0aeM

Can you please keep us posted on how you make out?

Sounds like Franchi did have shotgun guys making these. LOL
Originally Posted by TechNICKal
I found your review by Googling my issue and made an account just to let you know I have the EXACT same problem with mine in .223. Accuracy is all over the place. And like you, mine too was a impulse buy which I rarely do.

Franchi thinks the problem was the stock interfering with the barrels free float.

Good luck with yours.

🦫

Tighter choke? I didn't think the groups were bad. Was he shooting it at 800 yards?

Yuck.

Good luck.

Franchi thinks the problem was the stock interfering with the barrels free float.

Good luck with yours.

🦫

I don't think that's the issue Beav. I have seen odd pressure points cause some degradation in groups, but not shotgun patterns like you got. I am interested in seeing how this works out for you.

Bow to your Sensei, bitch!
In what way, shape, or form did that gun remind you of a Tikka? A round action, open breech, etc...

Shoots like a Ruger #1 grin

Good luck with yours.

🦫

Thanks. Let us know when you get it back if the issue is resolved.

I'm sending mine in tomorrow to Franchi. Went back out today and tried different scope rings, a known-good scope, 2 different grain ammo, and needless to say it's definitely an issue with the rifle itself.
Could be worse... I've had a couple "custom" rifles shoot like that. One got a pipe wrench in the garage treatment... bad barrels.
I’ve got a 6.5 PRC that I’m still experimenting with. It shoots great with Hornady factory ammo, 143 and 147 grain. It also shoots hand loads very well with Hodgdon US869. Groups open up quite a bit with IMR-4831. Somewhat surprised about that. 4-H shooting is starting up, so the project will have to wait until next winter. The cartridge and the rifle both appear to have a ton of potential.
I ran 35 rounds down it’s throat. I even started cleaning the barrel after 6 rounds fired, then giving it a couple of fouler rounds before I went back to the serious target work. Nothing made this rifle shoot like it is advertised. A quick trip back to the gun room, I grab a box of my 130gr NAB’s that are under H1000. This load, both my other PRC’s will do 1/2 MOA consistently.

The Nosler Accubond weren’t even hitting the splash target. I had to call each round fired 6-7 MOA off the target. That’s bizarre-O.

You might've found your problem. Projectiles go over the powder, not under it.

😀

That does not stop the algorithm.

I still get the notifications.

It gets exhausting at times.

But I have stopped the LDS in the Optics forum and Lil Fish was on his best behaviour during his last release.

Solving World Peace seems doable.

Quit loafing, we decided World Peace can wait and requested more Reloader 26. Get to work.

In all seriousness Beaver10, you might slide the front rest back until it's under the chamber rather than out towards the end of the stock which may give a clue as to whether you've got a stock/barrel bitch-slap going on. The other quick/dirty possibility is to slide a few layers of sliced-up AA shotgun hull under the recoil lug until you've got enough height to avoid the stock's max-flex reach.
Franchi, owned by Beretta, which owns Tikka. Interesting.

Interesting post too.
Wondering what the turn around time was on yours? They told me I’m looking at about 6 weeks. Which needless to say is disappointing, especially since it’s a brand new rifle.

Definitely have some buyers remorse, wish I would have waited to find a Tikka in .223 instead.
Soo....

How'd this turn out? I just picked up the same rifle for a hundred less, but didn't get beyond dry-firig on the garage 30 minutes after purchase. I found that if I aggressively run the bolt it uncocks, presumably dropping the firing pin!

En route to Stoeger as of Wednesday.
Yes, I too am very curious to know the resolution. I'm considering picking up one of these Franchi's in 350L. It is difficult to find a single negative review on them. I hope the factory was able to address yours to your satisfaction.
Don't get to discouraged that is grouping better than the last Hawkeye i bought
© 24hourcampfire