Home
Posted By: Teeder Rem Custom Shop AWR .243 on GB. - 05/03/22
So, there's a beautiful AWR on gunbroker. Unfortunately, it's in .243. I didn't know they made short action 700 versions?
I love the stock! It looks like the McM KS on my .338-06.

[Linked Image]

I'd give my left nut for that stock!
Originally Posted by Teeder
So, there's a beautiful AWR on gunbroker. Unfortunately, it's in .243. I didn't know they made short action 700 versions?

[Linked Image]

I wouldn't give my left nut, but I'd swap that Tikka I bought last week for it.
Same specs and timeframe production wise as the mountain guide. I’d like to see more pics of barrel markings and inside of the barrel channel of the stock. Not saying it isn’t what he says; I’d just like to see more. I’ve never seen a short action awr before but it is the right time frame for the short action ks stock - it was late in the first gen ti run (05/06) that they were using them on a limited number of the saums. Being from the custom shop it’s certainly possible they screwed a few together (or maybe just this one).
Pretty cool. Thanks for posting; I hadn’t seen that.
Rifle being discussed:
https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/931764801
I zoomed in better on some of the pics; that appears to be the Cabela’s version of the mountain guide to me. The barrel markings are not CS.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
I zoomed in better on some of the pics; that appears to be the Cabela’s version of the mountain guide to me. The barrel markings are not CS.

You may be right! Now that I'm looking on my PC and not my stupid phone, it does look like a Cabela's!

You'da man! grin

Anyway, I'd love to get a short action McM KS stock just to build something around it!
He updated the pics. It is the b&c stock.
Yep
It’s misrepresent and IMO overpriced….typical gunbroker stuff
Originally Posted by JamesJr

[Linked Image]

That doesn’t look like a short action to me
My thoughts exactly, looks just like a long action.
The picture above IS a long action; it’s not the gunbroker gun. The rifle in discussion is in the gunbroker link.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]gas station near me right now
Copy
Originally Posted by Nestucca
Originally Posted by JamesJr

[Linked Image]

That doesn’t look like a short action to me

That's my .338-06 for stock comparison. It's sitting in a McM KS.
That is no custom shop gun period.

Agreed.

Yeah, you nailed it.

Auction is closed. I'm betting since the guy listed his phone number, that one sold off site.
He does have a true AWR listed now.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/932763148
He does have a true AWR listed now.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/932763148

I seen that. More gun than I need right now. Would've liked to snagged that 243.
© 24hourcampfire