Home
A classics a classic.

Sometimes you see something and you just kinda have to. Haven't shot it yet, need to find a mounting solution. Leupold tubes too short.

Its very, very clean overall though. Nice feeling and handling rifle.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Sweet classic in a classic cartridge.
The Classics just wreaked of understated beauty.
I think you did great.
My brother’s 6.5x55 700 Classic is his hands down favorite rifle. He had another 6.5x55 but it wasn’t nearly as accurate as the 700. If you get to hating that 700 send me a message, I’ll help you out.
That one is dripping with sexy!
Remington did everything right in that package. Wish you they would bring it back.

GreggH
Looks really good.
Originally Posted by gunnut308

Agreed and I’m a 70 guy to the end. Those Classics are gems.
700 Classics, Original 700 Mountain Rifles, and Model 725s are all top picks from Remington IMO. Congrats on a dandy.
Well done sir.
Thank you fellas. You're wonderful enablers.

Kidding, but you did reinforce that I made the right choice not letting this one slip by.

Never really warmed up to 700 but I really am with this one.
You fancy
Those and the original Mountain Rifles were the best looking of all 700s.
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Sweet classic in a classic cartridge.

Yep, hellava shootin iron right there👍
I bought a 700 Classic from a fellow fire member. I took it to Texas and the ranch manager said, " finally someone brings a real rifle ". He said he see's all the stainless, synthetic wonder rifles ( which I happen to like also ) in various calibers. Seeing a wood stocked, nicely blued rifle in 3006 was refreshing. The 700 Classic did not let me down. Congrats on yours in a super classic caliber!
I bought a 700 Classic the first year they came out. a 270. Killed a truckload, or two, deer with it. Still have it, although I don't use it anymore. It's got a lot of battle scars, but it will still shoot as good as it ever did. IMO, it's as nice looking and functioning a rifle as has ever been made.
Had a 270 but let it get away. Holding on to my 222 though. Love it

I couldn't have said it better. Make, Model and Caliber!
Originally Posted by Igloo
A classics a classic.

Sometimes you see something and you just kinda have to. Haven't shot it yet, need to find a mounting solution. Leupold tubes too short.

Current issue Warne two piece bases have a reversible front with two cross slots. I have them on a long action 700.
Nice find.

What scope are you trying to use? I’ve got numerous long action 700’s with various Leupold scopes mounted on them. I like to use the 2 piece Leupold QR bases and rings.
That's a good'n. Congrats - you are now a Rem 700 guy. laugh
I'm so jealous! Fine rifle in a fine caliber. It's just crying for a gloss 3x-9x classic scope.... wink
I'm with you. Never fully warmed up to 700s but always like the "classic". Clean lines.

On rifles like that I think conetrol or S&Ks look nice.
Thanks for the suggestion on optics/rings guys!

I'm trying to use a Vx-Freedom 3-9x40 for now, its the beater I have hanging around here. Doesn't mean it will be permanent smile

Mathman, thanks for the heads up on the Warnes.

Lots of good suggestions, and again, happy to hear it all.

It was this or a brand new Bergara B14. Didn't have to think too much. Although...70 Featherweight woulda been a real, real tough choice.
Originally Posted by OGB
I'm with you. Never fully warmed up to 700s but always like the "classic". Clean lines.

Same here. The stock fits me perfectly for offhand shooting and the bolt handle is in exactly the right spot for quick work.

Okie John
You did real good, one in 300 Wby, a 300 H&H, a 257 Bob. I want a 25-06
I like Talley Bases and rings.

Beautiful rifles and those are a great looking mount setup, Hanco!
Beautiful rifles and those are a great looking mount setup, Hanco!

Thank you, got another one on the way.
Been kicking myself a long time for passing on one of two Remington Classic Swedes that a local dealer had on close out for several months awhile back. I believe he wanted $300 apiece.
$300?!?! Wow, you coulda got both of em for less than what I paid for this one.

Heck flip one online and the other would have likely been near free.

Sorry man hope one crosses your path again, but reckon if you didn't jump on it, you don't need em that bad wink
Best stock design Remington ever used.
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Have to agree...fits better and feels better than any other 700 I've shot.

Think I'll be leaving the Walker trigger just as it is too. Was expecting to want to swap it out pretty fast but...no complaints.

Felt great to shoot today. Shot one paper group of slightly over 1" at 100 yards (with a quickly thrown together load of what I had, just to shoot it. 120gr Barnes Matchburner and 45.5 gr IMR4831) and went straight to shooting offhand. Very comfortable and shootable. I can see why people regard these so highly.
Very nice! I had a Remington Classic in 6.5x55 that I sold:/

I still have one chambered in 7x57. I agree with the other comments that the Classic line was one of the best looking and better built 700’s ever made. Base model Cooper rifles look similar to me be it by design or accident. I personally don’t care for the closed grip and overall feel but that’s an individual thing and no shade on the rifle.
What Mathman said. Turnaround the front base on a Warne. It won't affectejection at all.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by Cheesy

+1!
Add me to the “never cared much for them, but” group. Thought the CDLs were also very handsome, but by the time they came out the “issues” seemed to be well, an issue.

Nice snag.
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Unless you like a to shoot a stock with a raised cheekpiece, then the 700 Mountain Rifle stock comes into its own.
Nice deer rifle.
Originally Posted by StudDuck

I couldn't have said it better. Make, Model and Caliber!
Right!
A classics a classic.

Had one long ago, took a few deer with it, handled and shot well, used a 6x42 scope and 120 CL's were deadly. Tripped it like so many others.

Enjoy your Swede Classic. Btw, I ran Leupold DDs on mine.......
I got away from dual dovetails because unless everything (receiver ring relative heights, screw hole alignments) is just right they will stress a scope.
They other one came, bid 806.00 for it, never expected to get it for 805.00. I did the same thing with a Sako 7 mag not long ago. I’m not doing that again. Two 300 Wby, one 300 H&H, one 257 Boberts.
I’d like a 25-06.

I have one of those 700 Classics in Swede. I have another one in 375 H&H and I used to have one in 350 Rem Mag. They are great rifles. I am always looking for one in 7x57 and if I ever find one it is going home with me.
Originally Posted by Cheesy
I agree.....very nice looking rifle indeed 👍....Hb
© 24hourcampfire