Home
What is the difference between a varmit stock and a regular stock ? Is a varmit stock heavier? More reinforcement? Is a varmit stock more for shooting off of a rest or bags ? Thanks .
for one thing, the barrel channel
"Varmint" and "Regular" are rather loose Lexicon,that can oft be interchanged. Hint.

So slooowwwwwww your roll and state PARTICULARS. Are you talking aftermarket stockc,or OEM offerings and give ALL the descriptors of each,to pinpoint exactly WTF. Hint.

"Contour" and/or "channel" is a moot descriptor,that hops over and crosses lotsa fences. Hint.

Thank me later.

Just sayin'................
Originally Posted by pullit
Yep I get that heavy barrel.
Originally Posted by blackpowder72

That is funny. Yes, a "varmint" style stock is going to be wider at the forend and somewhat heavier. Like this Tikka:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

VS. this sporter style:
Which is a lot trimmer. The varmint stocks often times have a flat bottom forend as well, as that helps to stabilize and sit in the bags better, without rolling around like sporter style stocks often do. Like this Ruger varmint model:
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

That is funny. Yes, a "varmint" style stock is going to be wider at the forend and somewhat heavier. Like this Tikka:

VS. this sporter style:
Which is a lot trimmer. The varmint stocks often times have a flat bottom forend as well, as that helps to stabilize and sit in the bags better, without rolling around like sporter style stocks often do. Like this Ruger varmint model:
Bsa thank ! That's what is was wondering.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

VS. this sporter style:
Bsa thank ! That's what is was wondering.

No problem. The flat bottom really helps when you are using a front rest or bags, but if you run a bi-pod a lot, it really doesn't matter. Lately I've been switching to a bi-pod because of the long range events I shoot.
Funnier than fhuqk,if only because Teeker stocks are easily amongst THE schittiest of the ilk. The Bipod Clause was a HILARIOUS touch as well! Hint.

If only again and I quote: Hint.

""Varmint" and "Regular" are rather loose Lexicon,that can oft be interchanged. Hint.

So slooowwwwwww your roll and state PARTICULARS. Are you talking aftermarket stockc,or OEM offerings and give ALL the descriptors of each,to pinpoint exactly WTF. Hint.

"Contour" and/or "channel" is a moot descriptor,that hops over and crosses lotsa fences. Hint.

Thank me later.

Just sayin'."

If only for clarity. "Varmint"?!? PSS/VS/Sendero/LR contoured. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

If only for clarity. "Varmint"?!? Kukri contoured LotharWalther. Hint.

If only for clarity. "Varmint"?!? Kukri contoured ACE. Hint.

If only for clarity. "Varmint"?!? MTU contoured Bartlein. Hint.

If only for clarity. "Varmint"?!? PSS/VS/Sendero/LR++ contoured Bartlein. Hint.

Do tell. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................
Weren't my intent to spook The Drooler away. Hint.

"Fair" billing? Hint.

"Varmint" here too? Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................
© 24hourcampfire