Home
The Ruger 77 / 44 (44 magnum) stainless rifle has caught my interest. Does anyone have a current manufactured version? If so, I would like to know the bore and groove diameters of the barrel.

SAAMI stupidly has two specs for bore/groove diameters. One for pistol (0.429" groove) , and one for rifle (0.431+ "). Marlin 1894 44 mag rifle was a fine firearm, but it had a groove diameter of 0.431+" . I had one ( sold it). Mine had a 0.4315" groove diameter, and shot most jacketed bullets (0.429 - 0.430") poorly

I was curious what Ruger's groove diameter is on these rifles. Anyone slug the bore of this rifle? If so, please post your findings.

I would be interested in reading range reports / accuracy results of this rifle, and with what loads. (ie cast bullet diameter vs accuracy).

Thanks in advance.
I had one about 10 years ago and with factory ammo it shot about 3” groups at 100 yards. I don’t know what the bore diameter was though. I did not keep it.
Here is a good read from back in 2011:

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?134575-Ruger-77-44-bore-diameter

This may help, interesting subject. I've got an old ruger .44 carbine that shoots jacketed bullet 1.5" at 100 with almost no work. Not bad for an old semi.
© 24hourcampfire