Home
Posted By: Hugh_W2 Barrett - 06/18/22
Since Sig won the US Army ASR contract do you think Barrett may possibly now be able to return to producing the Fieldcraft? I am sure Barrett still sells plenty of sniper rifles both to other branches of US as well as plenty foreign contracts, but it seems like there should be an opportunity here.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Barrett - 06/19/22
Nope
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Barrett - 06/19/22
Unlikely. Hitch your wagon to another star.

I wouldn’t pay what they’re bringing now; $1800 was doable, even in 2017 dollars. If they came back you can bet they’d be a good bit more, and/or changed to control the price.

Look at the lightweight Howas, Tikkas, Kimbers, maybe one or two others if you’re hurting all over for a light one, or suck it up and shell out the going price. It only hurts for a little while.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Barrett - 06/19/22
I think they sold the "Fieldcraft" design and intellectual property...whatever that is....a while back. I haven't researched the details on it and can't remember much about it....so I don't know specifics.
Posted By: Ndbowhunter Re: Barrett - 06/19/22
i don't believe the above is correct. at least chris says otherwise

wait for the wilson combat NULA

or roll ur own. they aren't that great anyways
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Barrett - 06/19/22
Originally Posted by Ndbowhunter

Could definitely be wrong. I remember reading a post about it but I never followed up to learn details or if it was true.
Posted By: elkrazy Re: Barrett - 06/19/22
I think the lineage is this -

Wilson bought NULA.

Barrett bought Forbes Rifles and created the Fieldcraft.

Am I correct?

I have a Forbes 270 that Mel has worked a bit on and is a really accurate rifle - took it Dall sheep hunting in 2015. Just don’t love the gun for some reason

I called Barrett’s about 3 weeks ago and asked them about the fieldcraft. I was told that they had sold it and the company that bought it was planning some great stuff and it should be out next year. Who knows to be honest.
Posted By: Hugh_W2 Re: Barrett - 06/19/22
Thanks for info!
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Barrett - 06/19/22
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by Ndbowhunter

Could definitely be wrong. I remember reading a post about it but I never followed up to learn details or if it was true.
Of which you speak.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Barrett - 06/19/22
New owner?

https://www.wjle.com/news/foutch-industries-recognizes-employees-and-retiring-plant-manager/

Interesting if so. Had hoped it was SAS!

grin
© 24hourcampfire