Home
Say you were set on a 30 caliber magnum and you had lots of brass for either the 300 Win or 300 Wby, which would you choose? Likely to use a 700 action.
Posted By: Sam_H Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 06/20/22
Still have two 700s in .300 WBY. Had two in .300 Win but sold the Sendero. All factory rifles.

Given 24" barrels, the difference has been 75-100 fps favoring the Roy. Given cup/core bullets the Win flavor has been a bit more accurate. You can usually find a cup/core to shoot in a Roy, but it's not an easy slam dunk.

Given TTSX pick whichever you like. They're all accurate with a TTSX.
Defiance action - Rem 700 clone, only better.

As to whether I'd go 300 Win Mag or Wby Mag, much would depend on where I planned in using it. 300 Win Mag is likely easier to find if needed, in more places and flavors than 300 Wby Mag.
Posted By: hanco Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 06/20/22
I have both in 700’s. Roy wins by 100 fps if max loaded for each. You can’t go wrong with either. I use 150 TTSX in all my 30’s
300 Wby all day long.
I have both. I have had the Win. since 1970. I planned on making it into a .300 Wea/. but at the time, Douglas barrel company did not freebore. So when I deducted the difference, they were both about the same velocity wise. I stuck with the Win. I was in an area where Douglas was the barrel so that is why I didn't consider others.. Today, I guess I would still go with the Win. In a 700 action, you can seat the bullet out as a Win.'s throat wears and keep the bullet close to the rifling. A 300 Wea. just fits in the magazine, and there is no room to seat it out farther.
I have a 300RUM, that I like more everything I shoot it. That said, when the barrel goes. Probly go to a 300 Win
Posted By: Judman Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 06/21/22
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
300 Wby all day long.
300 Wby all day long.

Yep, 180 factory 180 Hornady were 3300, didn’t know the win could roll em at 3200-3225…
I think I might try the WBY. Do the WBY actions give you more room? Might be cheaper to buy than build.
Posted By: beretzs Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 06/21/22
If you’re building one, I’d go with a 300 Win myself but use a 3.6+ magazine. The standard 300 Win reamer let’s you sit out a bullet pretty far as is. In the few we’ve used 200 ABs out at 3.575” allow 2950-3050 depending on loads.

300 Wby is a great one too, but it’s hard to hate on the amount of great brass for the 300 Win.
Posted By: BC30cal Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 06/21/22
Gooch McGrundle;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope it's as bright and clear in your part of the PNW as it is here just across the medicine line this morning.

With the understanding that a lot of my experience is with old school powders and in some cases from rifles we fooled with 30 years ago, I'd say this about that.

A long passed on shooting and handloading mentor was what I believe John Barsness called a "rifle churner" in that he'd buy, sell and trade constantly. That said it did mean we got to play with different stuff and run it across the chronograph "for the sake of science". wink

During that time I put together a pair of .308 Norma rifles and fooled with another couple rifles chambered for that round. Then I picked up a No. 1 in .300 Win Mag which had a nice long throat and 26" barrel so we could get the most possible out of the cartridge. Buddy the rifle trader had examples of .300 H&H, .300 WSM and .300 Weatherby that we played with over that time too.

As a broad statement there wasn't much difference between them all and it seemed somewhat dependent on barrel length as far as velocities went, the longer ones usually getting more speed. Usually..

On deer/black bear sized game we never saw any noticeable difference on the animal's reaction to being hit between say the .308 Norma or the .300 Win Mag. The velocity/trajectory was close enough that I just held on the same place in those pre-rangefinder days.

For the life of me I can't recall if he had a Model 70 or a Remington 700 in .300 Weatherby, but I don't recall any feeding issues with it, which I do with an early Savage 110 in .300 WSM for instance.

It likely would be cheaper to buy than to build as you note and up here factory chambered rifles are usually easier to move than something custom, even if it's put together by a known builder.

Speaking of that, a local gunsmith who also has a long range shooting school and does some competition shoots a .30-.338 Improved for his competition rifle. His is built on a 700 action and he said he chose the cartridge because he was able to get very consistent velocities with a minimum of effort with that chambering. Easier than a .300 Win Mag if I'm remembering correctly.

Anyways sir, I'm not sure that's useful or not, but either one is a fine round as long as it feeds nicely in the rifle.

Good luck with the project whichever way you decide and all the best.

Dwayne
300 Wby all day long.

This ☝🏽 all day and night.

🦫
Take your pick of any 300 Mag you want 300 Win Mag, WSM, Wby mag, PRC, H&H, there isn’t an animal alive that can tell the difference. Only difference is case shape, action size and a few fps here and there.
Some are more practical in terms of ammo/brass availability etc. but as long as you have ammo or components none of it makes a hill of beans difference.
Some are short and fat, some are long and slender, some have short necks, some long necks but a 300 Mag is a 300 Mag.
Posted By: yobuck Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 06/21/22
I remember as a young kid arguing over wether Fords or Chevys were best.
And none of us were even old enough to drive either of them. lol
As for the comment on the Savage 110 with the short mag feeding issue.
I had the same issue with one. All the Savage expert gunsmiths gave me opinions on how easy it was to fix.
I finally found a guy by name of Mac in Gillette WY. who did, and when i got it back from him i found it a nicer home.
Ladies,

Bullets matter wayyyyyyyy more than headstamps. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

As an aside,OEM 700 L/A mag confines are 3.690". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............
Is that the hamburgler gargling again?? Ya your right, sooooo fuuuucking important!! Smoked him from those pines uphill, spotted the night before, snuck in as he was headed into the thick shiit to bed for the day. Bout 40 yards. 180 spire points. Keep yappin bacon throat 😂😂😘

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Oh, fuucking laughing!……………..
It will only come as a "surprise!" to someone who "does" as "much" as you,that the Hornie .308" 180gr cited,is simply a rather poor projectile within the chamberings thus far cited. Pardon my simply shooting it all,as you wax eloquent via Vagina Monologue,upon your raging Estrogen torrents. Hint.

Do not "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................
The situation I find myself in is I ended up with 400 brand new 300 WBY cases and nearly as much 300 Win cases. I also have a ton of 30 caliber bullets.
I'd happily trade ALL away,to realize something good instead...but I actually shoot. Hint......................(grin)
Originally Posted by Judman
Is that the hamburgler gargling again?? Ya your right, sooooo fuuuucking important!! Smoked him from those pines uphill, spotted the night before, snuck in as he was headed into the thick shiit to bed for the day. Bout 40 yards. 180 spire points. Keep yappin bacon throat 😂😂😘

hamburgler.......LMAO!!!
Bacon throat, please tell “me” more!! Your extensive elk hunting prowess is noted!!! 🤣 haha

Oh,

Fuucking laughing!……………………..
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Judman

hamburgler.......LMAO!!!

Uncle Johnny, you ever hear the dumb bastard talk?? He sounds like a hybrid of the hamburgler and a chipmunk on crack!!! Haha
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I'd happily trade ALL away,to realize something good instead...but I actually shoot. Hint......................(grin)

Ya you’d happily live on a Indian rez too dummy, doesn’t mean everyone else want too. Haha

Fuucking laughing!……………….
Originally Posted by Beaver10
300 Wby all day long.

This ☝🏽 all day and night.

🦫

Yep.

.300 Wby just does the same thing as the .300 Win but with the next (+15-20 grain) step up in bullet weight.
'409,

Bullet "weight" is largely moot,though COAL,integrity and BC ain't. Hint.

The 300 Wby will simply run you out of mag confines,precluding the best of that which is available projectile wise,long before a 300 Winny on a 700 receiver. Pardon my being fluent in said matters,as you gals guess aloud. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................
Well the original question was the .300 Win. Mag. vs the .300 Weatherby Mag., which would you choose?

I went with the Winchester .300Mag. because I wanted a Ruger #1 in any cartridge and the #1B I bought was the first one I'd ever seen. They came out in what, 1965/66 and I never saw one until mid 1975 to even look at or hold.

I worked up a nice handload running the old Nosler 200 gr. round nose Partition that shot tiny groups for me. I do sincerely with Nosler had not dropped that bullet in favor of a spitzer type. That #1 would run that bullet into groups as small as .375" if I did my part. With the current 200 gr. Speer Hot Core or Nosler 200 gr. spitzer type Partition groups are more in the .50 to .75" range.

Since then I've picked up three more Ruger #1s in the "S" model, all chambered to the .300 Win. Mag. and they all shoot at one inch or less if I do my part.

The last .300 Win. I picked up was from a fellow who needed money. It's a Winchester M70, no idea of which model, 26" barrel, An apparent McMillan blind magazine stock and a Leupold 3x9 VariX II, all for $300. It's another shooter and likes my 200 gr. handloads. It's used as my foul weather rifle as Ruger does a lousy job of sealing their wood stocked guns.

Can't say why, but I just never did have a hankering for anything Weatherby.
Paul B.
My experience with the .300 Wby is exactly zero. Can't remember even touching one off. So take that fwiw...

I will say that I have zero complaints with the .300 Win mag. Piles of factory options, brass literally laying on the ground all over the place, 24" barrel (I hate 26"+ tubes...I don't really even like 24"s) and recoil my teenage boy can handle in a 9-10 pound rifle with no brake.
It's tough to get giddy about 200gr sub .5 BC's in a singleshot 30cal. that can't get wet. Hint.

If only because Mechanics matter more than a "smidge",not all 300 Winny's are "equal",or even close. Big Green steals the show,due their aforementioned 3.690" COAL latitude. Winchester and Ruger can't begin to hang,if only for starters. Hint.

Weighing felt recoil to performance ratio,the 300 Winny is a rather poor choice,no matter one's age. Hint.

Not that I don't enjoy the Fascinating Dumbfhuqktitude. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................
Is it safe to assume long distance shots are in mind when considering those two? If I was in for a sore shoulder in 30 Cal, I would pick the 300 PRC to go long. Between those two, the Win for availability.
Posted By: EIB0879 Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 06/22/22
I have a Sako L691 in 300 Wby and don't feel the need for a .300 Win..
I've been looking hard at an older W German Mark V in .300 Wby, but brass seems to be much harder to source than Win Mag right now.
Originally Posted by Jason280
I've been looking hard at an older W German Mark V in .300 Wby, but brass seems to be much harder to source than Win Mag right now.

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=300%20Weatherby%20brass&Sort=13

Have you really looked?

300 Win or 300 WBY brass, who shoots a 300 enough to wear out 100 rounds of brass.

I have the WBY and haven’t had any problem getting brass and I haven’t worn it out in over 15 years of hunting with it. Whatever a 300 Win can do, the 300 WBY will do it a little better…
L691's are shorter in COAL than 700's. The Teutonic Weatherby's bring nothing to the table. Hint.

The only things a 300 Wby does "better" than a 300 Win on a 700,is recoil more,drop more,drift more and have greater ES/SD values. Hint.

At 2.825" trim length,even in the whopping Big Green OEM H&H magbox,the 300 Wby "boasts" farrrrrr less than 1" of COAL "latitude"...at .865". Google as you MUST.

Bless your hearts for trying though. Hint.

Ron designed his cartridges in order to "beat" other established cartridges. Not much thought was put into them, other than "bigger is better".

My worthless 2 cents.
Originally Posted by CopperSolid
Is it safe to assume long distance shots are in mind when considering those two? If I was in for a sore shoulder in 30 Cal, I would pick the 300 PRC to go long. Between those two, the Win for availability.

Not really “long” range. I’ve taken game at a bit over 400 yards. I probably won’t push that too much. I’d use this mostly on deer and elk where most shots are 200 to 300 yards. It’s open, but lots of folds in the land where you can approach fairly easily. Maybe take it on future pronghorn, caribou, or moose hunts. Probably use a 26 inch barrel since it’s not a hindrance.

Need any 300 Wby brass? smile
23” 300 win mag
For the OP's purposes either one would work just fine- just as a 30-06 or about a dozen other cartridges would...
Posted By: viking Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 06/22/22
300 Weatherby.

The Winchester case sucks with that midget neck. IMO.
Originally Posted by Sheister
For the OP's purposes either one would work just fine- just as a 30-06 or about a dozen other cartridges would...

Of course. I just want another rifle!
"Ron" the cartridge Designer,is fhuqking AWESOME! Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

If only in "fairness",I've suffered a 30-378,300 Ultra's,300 Super's,300Wby's,300H&H's,300 Winny's and 300 Whizzum's as .308" bores go,in .532" caseheads or greater. Them days are gone. That as much to do with the LRF,as good bullets. Hint.

Interestingly,I've never crimped a single one and/or set a bullet back. Have deformed a jazillion or so exposed lead tips,but that's an issue separate. The "too short" neck on a 300 Winny,is yet another HILARIOUS Wives Tale concocted by The Google Gals. Though I've never had a 300 Winny shorter than 22" or longer than 26". Mechanically,in a .532" 700 LA,the 300 Winny is THE pick of the litter,yet pales to the 7mm RemMag. Hint.

Simply choose a projectile wisely,give Mechanics a thunk(RPM/throat geometry/COAL) and simply build for balance/handling. I'll HAPPILY opt less case capacity,for more bullet,if only because I shoot it all. Hint...............
300 win easily on account of economy. I've used 300win, 300wby, 300RUM, 30-378WBY and have enough time with them. Still have an 300win mag but truthfully I've no use for them. Having more common standard cartridges like 270win, 308win, and 30-06 is preferable. If I feel the need for mo' better I go to my 338win or 375 Ruger. There's nothing really wrong with the 300 class but if I'm pushing a larger case I want more bullet weight.
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
I think I might try the WBY. Do the WBY actions give you more room? Might be cheaper to buy than build.
Make sure you know what twist you're getting in a 300 WBY. Some use 1-12 twist.
Just 2 cents.
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
Make sure you know what twist you're getting in a 300 WBY. Some use 1-12 twist.
Just 2 cents.

Good to know. Time to go shopping.
This schit is funnier than fhuqk! Hint.

What Imaginary Pretend bullet are you going to use in a 10" RPM 300 Wby,that you "can't" in a 12" RPM version of same? What is the COAL of said delusion and upon which receiver? HINT.

It's plum handy to keep ogives above case mouths ladies. Your sheer and utter fhuqking STUPIDITY,is simply fhuqking magnificent in it's grandeur. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!........................
Ron designed his cartridges in order to "beat" other established cartridges. Not much thought was put into them, other than "bigger is better".

My worthless 2 cents.

who tf is Ron ?
Originally Posted by Swamplord

My worthless 2 cents.

who tf is Ron ?

It was a typo, of course. Meant Roy, as in Roy Weatherby.
"Ron" the cartridge Designer,is fhuqking AWESOME! Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

If only in "fairness",I've suffered a 30-378,300 Ultra's,300 Super's,300Wby's,300H&H's,300 Winny's and 300 Whizzum's as .308" bores go,in .532" caseheads or greater. Them days are gone. That as much to do with the LRF,as good bullets. Hint.

Interestingly,I've never crimped a single one and/or set a bullet back. Have deformed a jazillion or so exposed lead tips,but that's an issue separate. The "too short" neck on a 300 Winny,is yet another HILARIOUS Wives Tale concocted by The Google Gals. Though I've never had a 300 Winny shorter than 22" or longer than 26". Mechanically,in a .532" 700 LA,the 300 Winny is THE pick of the litter,yet pales to the 7mm RemMag. Hint.

Simply choose a projectile wisely,give Mechanics a thunk(RPM/throat geometry/COAL) and simply build for balance/handling. I'll HAPPILY opt less case capacity,for more bullet,if only because I shoot it all. Hint...............

Yeah I knew he meant Roy as I'm sure you & most did, I've got several 300 Wins and they killed everything I meant to kill in 9 different Units in AK, have a Rem Classic in 300 WBY and 12 other 30 cals from 30-30 Win to 7.82 Warbird & beyond in wildcats, one thing I'd never do is choose any 7mm over a 30 cal, Have the basic piddly 7mm-08 Yawningtown and 7mm Rem Almost Magnum and a couple of hot wildcats, but if going mm's I prefer the one a full mm wider in the hips, she's so much sexier with the longer legs
'409,

Bullet "weight" is largely moot,though COAL,integrity and BC ain't. Hint.

The 300 Wby will simply run you out of mag confines,precluding the best of that which is available projectile wise,long before a 300 Winny on a 700 receiver. Pardon my being fluent in said matters,as you gals guess aloud. Hint.

I get it.

In matters where every last decimal place in the equation count.......... .300 Win Mag for the win. In matters of 99% of Joe 6-pack's 0-500 yard hunting rifle, the .300 Wby just thumps a little harder. Is it worth the extra 10-15 grains of powder ?? Is it worth the extra recoil ?? Meh........... To me, it probably is.

That being said.............. I load for 7 .300 Win's and only 1 .300 Wby. And if I were going to grab a rifle to go kill something smaller than a coastal brown, right this instant............. I'd grab a 7-STW over either .300
Posted By: Teal Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 06/22/22
Originally Posted by Yoder409
In matters of 99% of Joe 6-pack's 0-500 yard hunting rifle, the .300 Wby just thumps a little harder. Is it worth the extra 10-15 grains of powder ?? Is it worth the extra recoil ?? Meh........... To me, it probably is.

See, I don't get that - if we're going to say that for 99% of 0-500 yards, a slightly harder thump. What would walk away from a 300 Win but die from the "extra thump" of the Wby? Bout nothing. So why bother?
I'm always torn on which is fhuqking funnier,the Excuses or the STUPIDITY?!? Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Now if only in "fairness",I've only had a brace of STW's(26" and 27" on 700's). Beings full length H&H based,they too suffer from the same plight as a 300 Wby,with the collective COAL bane and recoil increase for naught. Why? Bullets matter wayyyyyyyyyy fhuqking more than headstamps,to the perpetual chagrin of Melting Snowflakes everywhere. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Pass the 7mm Rem and .838 BC magfed Smooches. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............
I'm always torn on which is fhuqking funnier,the Excuses or the STUPIDITY?!? Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Now if only in "fairness",I've only had a brace of STW's(26" and 27" on 700's). Beings full length H&H based,they too suffer from the same plight as a 300 Wby,with the collective COAL bane and recoil increase for naught. Why? Bullets matter wayyyyyyyyyy fhuqking more than headstamps,to the perpetual chagrin of Melting Snowflakes everywhere. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

I've read it twice. Do I really need to read it a third time?
DooshMike,

It's hardly a "secret" that you feverishly read my EVERY word and gawk EVERY Splendid Pixel,as you "live" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Your only "move",is to skirt ALL things The Rifle. Hint.

Bless your heart.

😁
meh, don't assume everyone has your inability to handle recoil and short barrel handicap, lol
Posted By: szihn Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 06/22/22
I have owned and killed game with both,--- as well as two 308 Normas, two 300H&Hs, and a 30-378 Weatherby.

Given a good bullet that holds together, there was no difference in the effects on game from any of them.
Posted By: greydog Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 06/22/22
I like the Weatherby cartridge, in a 700, simply due to the longer neck which allows more latitude in seating without seating below the neck/shoulder juncture.
There are a couple of things to keep in mind. First, if chambering for either cartridge, the length of the throat can be whatever you want it to be; assuming you have the capability. With this being the case, magazine length might be more important than anything else. Modern, high BC bullets are long but their bearing surface is not always all that long. So it is that the shorter 300 Win Mag might work better simply because the neck is further from the front of the magazine.
Another way to look at it is this: the location of the bullet in the magazine is a given; lets say 1/16" from the front of the box. This is as long as you can seat it. This means, if you want to be able to touch the lands, the distance from the bolt face to the lands is predetermined. The point is; you can cut either chamber to provide this length. The 300 Win Mag will be throated long and the 300 Weatherby will be throated short.
Now, if you do this, the Weatherby, because of its longer neck, will allow you to seat shorter bullets out further to touch, or, at least approach, the lands. This is important only if you want to shoot a shorter bullet. Not everyone is concerned only about BC.
As far as achievable velocity is concerned, the Weatherby will have a slight edge simply because it is a little bigger. But it won't amount to a lot.
I have to confess that I dislike the 300 Win Mag because I think the design of the cartridge is just dumb and I don't like the short neck. Because he also has a short neck. 'Stick isn't bothered by this and, in fact, embraces it as a positive attribute (this takes some mental gymnastics). GD
Ladies,

Here's to the MAGNIFICENT Hilarity of you Drooling Fhuqktards feigning a FIRST fhuqking clue...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'm fhuqking CRYIN',I'm laughing sooooooooooo hard! Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) hearts,for trying.

Fhuqking LAUGING!................
I never had a 300 Wby, but set up a 300 RUM a couple times, both in Model 700s. I first one was in '99 and tried a boutique 150 BT Moly coated "bomb" that was recommended for a Desert Mule Deer hunt in West Texas. It made a big mess of a 3x3 last hour of the hunt at 60yds, ha. Gave that rifle and the rest of the ammo to my uncle. Second one was in 2006, a gift for my son In Law Marine. I used Retumbo and 200 NAB. He put a Huskemaw on it. I have killed a wad of game with the 300 WM and did not like it in Mod 70s, prefer the Mod 700 or 700 clone. I've been all over the map with calibers, but I'm very partial to the 300Win, nostalgic I guess, same way with the 338WM ( I've had bigger and smaller 338s, but keep coming back to this one) do I need it, Nah! Just like it...I think its easier to find 300 Wby brass/ammo than 300 RUM now. But again, I'm not a LR hunter, never shot game over about 390 (300WM) and 375 (257wby) lots of 350ish with 300 and a few others. My "average range" on 4 cow elk had been 175 yds or so, Mule deer average 70yds. Antelope is the furthest, about 200yds. But I do know guys that shoot/kill elk and mule deer 700yds pretty regularly. I was once told by an old LR hunter that the 300WM was a 500yd elk rifle and the 300 RUM/300Wby were 700yd elk rifles. I don't really know, but he seemed convinced! ")
Originally Posted by greydog
I like the Weatherby cartridge, in a 700, simply due to the longer neck which allows more latitude in seating without seating below the neck/shoulder juncture.
There are a couple of things to keep in mind. First, if chambering for either cartridge, the length of the throat can be whatever you want it to be; assuming you have the capability. With this being the case, magazine length might be more important than anything else. Modern, high BC bullets are long but their bearing surface is not always all that long. So it is that the shorter 300 Win Mag might work better simply because the neck is further from the front of the magazine.
Another way to look at it is this: the location of the bullet in the magazine is a given; lets say 1/16" from the front of the box. This is as long as you can seat it. This means, if you want to be able to touch the lands, the distance from the bolt face to the lands is predetermined. The point is; you can cut either chamber to provide this length. The 300 Win Mag will be throated long and the 300 Weatherby will be throated short.
Now, if you do this, the Weatherby, because of its longer neck, will allow you to seat shorter bullets out further to touch, or, at least approach, the lands. This is important only if you want to shoot a shorter bullet. Not everyone is concerned only about BC.
As far as achievable velocity is concerned, the Weatherby will have a slight edge simply because it is a little bigger. But it won't amount to a lot.
I have to confess that I dislike the 300 Win Mag because I think the design of the cartridge is just dumb and I don't like the short neck. Because he also has a short neck. 'Stick isn't bothered by this and, in fact, embraces it as a positive attribute (this takes some mental gymnastics). GD

Short is an endearing word for him. If you lived your entire life and had to stare up at someones crotch all day you would suffer from the same issues he has.
This schit is funnier than fhuqk! Hint.

What Imaginary Pretend bullet are you going to use in a 10" RPM 300 Wby,that you "can't" in a 12" RPM version of same? What is the COAL of said delusion and upon which receiver? HINT.

It's plum handy to keep ogives above case mouths ladies. Your sheer and utter fhuqking STUPIDITY,is simply fhuqking magnificent in it's grandeur. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!........................

I’m not using anything that twist will even matter. Nothing about this whole thing makes any sense from a practical standpoint. Just looking to buy something.
Buy a Vudoo 22LR barreled action from MHS,stock it as per whim and actually fhuqking finally learn sumptin'. Hint.

MHS Vudoo RINK

The ONLY reason this schit is soooooooooo fhuqking HILARIOUS,is because you gals were/are doing your BEST. Hint.

Don't be in such a haste to dismiss the virtues,of ACTUALLY fhuqking shooting. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Bless your heart.

Hint.

JFC ! friggin wHorenady bullets of all turds, in the 7mm Rem Almost Magnum that barely squirts a 195-197 gr bullet out at 2900 fps, the headstamps that YOU have don't matter, ya .... my headstamp sends the 195-197's at 3300 fps ....

but.. I still prefer the 8mm .900 bc bullets at 3200 fps, now that is good for 1 mile moose hunting
Posted By: Dre Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 06/23/22
300 PRC?
Posted By: jorgeI Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 06/23/22
300 Weatherby IF you reload and ANYTHING BUT a 700 action. well, or a Salvage 110
WhoreHey!,

I find more empties in a typical load of laundry,than you've "made" in your "Life"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Posted By: WAM Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 06/23/22
Go big or stay on the porch.
Posted By: pete53 Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 06/23/22
i have owned,shot and reloaded both of these 2 cartridges 300 Win. mag and the 300 Weatherby mag. ,1st i don`t enjoy the recoil of either much anymore ,both are good cartridges but my choice if i had to pick one of these two would be the 300 Win.mag. for a price wish reason : someone gave me over 500 new seal team primed cases and over 500 seal team cases once fired cases too . and i also over the years got given at least a 1,000 Nosler partition bullets and 1,000`s more of other brand bullets,a few 8 lb. kegs ,magnum primers too. but to be honest i would rather use my 257 Weatherby mag. because less recoil ,less headachs and kills what i hunt for just fine.
BUM,

The relative sizing of your sheer and utter fhuqking CLUELESSNESS,needn't be broadcast(as it's no "secret"),but it were a Hilarious touch...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Watch out for that barbed-wire,it's "tricky"! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................
WhoreHey!,

I find more empties in a typical load of laundry,than you've "made" in your "Life"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Hey look at that. New material ! I like it
DooshMike,

You are sucking the wrong ass...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

300 WSM - my personal limit for .30 cal magnums these days.
Posted By: WAM Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 06/23/22
BUM,

The relative sizing of your sheer and utter fhuqking CLUELESSNESS,needn't be broadcast(as it's no "secret"),but it were a Hilarious touch...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Watch out for that barbed-wire,it's "tricky"! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thanks for bringing your hilarity and ridiculousness to the thread.
No matter whether 308,'06,300 Whizzum,300 Winny or Weatherby...the 30's fall flat in extrapolation,if only because bullets matter wayyyyyyyyyyy more than headstamps. Hint.

Though in fairness,I've currently only got 300 Whizzum's from 24 to 30-inch. Hint.

One atop,the other. Hint.

The 7 Whizzum,simply crushes same. Hint.................

BUM,

I was here,long before you and pardon my breaking trail as you flounder HILARIOUSLY from behind...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Posted By: Ward Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 06/23/22
Good lord, everybody should know that the .308 Norma Mag is perfect.
DooshMike,

No I can't even afford that. I need a co signer
The 300 Normie has long been a nice chambering,but remains fraught with the bane(s) of other's,in said bore size. It's Kryptonite being...7mm projectiles. Hint.(grin)

A .308" 230gr Beer Can will nip at .284" 190gr heels,but it takes the .308" to surpass same. Once in that realm,the increase in mass do no favors to velocity and it's uphill both ways for all things 30cal,though a better effort than most and possible. 700 mag confines,being a courteous assumption. Hint.

Mechanics matter,to the chagrin of Droolers everywhere. Hint.

DooshMike,

You never have,or will...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

That being said,I'd not wish to swipe your DREAMS,because that would be mean. Hint.

Posted By: Bugger Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 06/23/22
I have both 300’s on the 700 action. Both are accurate with 200 partitions and RE 26. I imagine the velocity difference is >100 fps. The 300 Weatherby was easier to get accurate loads. But in the end it was only a little more accurate than the Winchester.
If I had to choose between what I own, it would be the Weatherby.
Bummer,

The .308" 200gr NPT is a WHOPPING piece of fhuqking schit and "boasts" a BC wellllllll shy of a 155 Skinner,in like diameter. Hint.

'Course the Skinner will outdig 'em too. Hint.

You gals REALLY "know" your "stuff"! Hint.

To be honest after wading through the BS on this thread, it matters little which one is recommended in the end. As the OP has stated, he just wants a new rifle and who are we to discourage that line of thought? In fact, this whole site is built on guys buying new stuff and bragging or bagging on it all day long...

My thought is- if you're wanting to get a new rifle, why limit yourself to the two you suggested as they are so close in performance for all intended purposes? Looking around for something a little different that would still get the job done would be the route to take if it were me. Define your needs for the rifle- shooting pop cans at 50 yards? or 500 yards? Hunting at 150 yards? or 1500 yards? Do you reload? How far do you want to carry it all day long? And, probably the most important factor- how much do you want to spend?

No need to bring the discussion to this site if you don't want to, but it does make for colorful conversation... and even though Big Stick has a knack for riling up the natives here, don't discount what he has to say without thorough examination... he lives for this stuff as anyone can easily see...

But, to keep in the spirit of this thread- if it were me I would think seriously about going with a big 7 - 7 RUM, 28 Nosler, 7 Rem Mag, or something similar in a platform with the fewest constraints for experimentation. Big bullets need big mag boxes and the proper freebore, and usually long barrels. That would be my starting point...
The 300 Normie has long been a nice chambering,but remains fraught with the bane(s) of other's,in said bore size. It's Kryptonite being...7mm projectiles. Hint.(grin)

A .308" 230gr Beer Can will nip at .284" 190gr heels,but it takes the .308" to surpass same. Once in that realm,the increase in mass do no favors to velocity and it's uphill both ways for all things 30cal,though a better effort than most and possible. 700 mag confines,being a courteous assumption. Hint.

Mechanics matter,to the chagrin of Droolers everywhere. Hint.

DooshMike,

You never have,or will...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

That being said,I'd not wish to swipe your DREAMS,because that would be mean. Hint.

🤡
ONLY Clueless Fhuqks start a Thread such as this and ONLY to garner "approval" that their STUPIDITY is "embraced". They do NOT want anything other than a Group Hug and Facts matter less than none. Droolers clamor for "endorsement" and it's a Fhuqking Retard Roundup,as the gals can attest to,if only obliviously. Hint.

NONE of these Stupid Fhuqks "shoot" anything other than their mouths and Imaginations and beating that drum in unison,soothes 'em. I'm rather at ease in musing what do what and more importantly why,if only because not all reading same are Professional "Victims". The astute will garner same,act in accordance and simply connect dots by literal default. Why?!? It can go NO other way. Hint.(grin)

The OP is coming to terms with her CLUELESSNESS and at least that's a step forward. If only again...Vudoo to the rescue,if only because I shoot it all and then some. Not that I don't enjoy CLUELESS Crying Karens poking their heads in the sand. Hint.

Reupold RULES,for Rife! Hint. Raughing!

Spent primers remain The SUPREME Tutorial and it ain't "difficult",to savvy who do and don't. Hint.

.300 Wby would be my choice.
Originally Posted by Dre
300 PRC?
In terms of today's bullets and knowledge, the 300 PRC is a far better design than either the 300 Win Mag or 300 Weatherby. You have the right length case for the long bullets, the increased capacity of the 300 Weatherby for velocity, a reasonable length neck, correct shoulder angle to reduce case stretching and no useless belt.
90% of hunters do 90% of their shooting under 300 yds, so all this BC claptrap is utter bovine excrement. Someone here clings to it like the holy grail of the universe and sprays his toxicity on all who approach (willfully or not) his infinite wisdom.

A 165 TTSX out of a .30 cal magnum works wonders for 95% of one's hunting needs.
There are those in a perpetrual haste,to follow their Cluelessness,like it were a Beacon Of Hope. It ain't. Hint.

Why? Mechanics simply fhuqking matter,whether Droolers "understand" or not. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

I'd submit a 22LR would suffice for 95% of tableshare,but of course I'm "jaded"...because I actullay fhuqking shoot. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
90% of hunters do 90% of their shooting under 300 yds, so all this BC claptrap is utter bovine excrement. Someone here clings to it like the holy grail of the universe and sprays his toxicity on all who approach (willfully or not) his infinite wisdom.

A 165 TTSX out of a .30 cal magnum works wonders for 95% of one's hunting needs.
I agree that there needs to be adequate consideration of terminal performance as well as bc. The ideal bullet for 600 yards is not necessarily the ideal bullet for up to 300 yards, which is the longest distance the majority of hunters can and do shoot.
There are those in a perpetrual haste,to follow their Cluelessness,like it were a Beacon Of Hope. It ain't. Hint.

Why? Mechanics simply fhuqking matter,whether Droolers "understand" or not. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

I'd submit a 22LR would suffice for 95% of tableshare,but of course I'm "jaded"...because I actullay fhuqking shoot. Hint.

The bc is crap on those 22LR projectiles, they die after 80 yards.

That is probably true in your neck of the woods and others here also, but for those of us who hunt where these things matter, these discussions are pretty helpful. I would say that lately 50% of my opportunities have been beyond 300 yards, and some of them are far beyond that mark... knowing a little about BC, ballistics, and bullet performance in your chosen cartridge is never a bad thing IMO... but you do you and whatever makes you happy...
I suggest you "Victims" join "forces",to quantify your wrongtitude. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

PLEASE "quantify" the "volume" of your trigger time,if only for more oblivious Humor. Hint.

Posted By: 79S Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 06/23/22
Bryan Litz tested b.c of the fabled 155 scenar is .459

https://appliedballisticsllc.com/wp...ng-of-the-Lapua-308-155-grain-Scenar.pdf

Bryan Litz tested bc of 200gr partition is .501

https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/pdfs/ADA554683.pdf
Sweetie,

Both have MULTIPLE variations and I can only attest,to them which I've shot through my rifles(multiple) and chronographs(multiple) and erectors(multiple). Hint.

Perhaps the 200's also now have a greater muzzle velocity,than the 155's? Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some. Hint.

I suggest you "Victims" join "forces",to quantify your wrongtitude. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

PLEASE "quantify" the "volume" of your trigger time,if only for more oblivious Humor. Hint.

It's always funny to see somebody who takes themselves that seriously
DooshMike,

Pardon Reality,yet again crushing your Fantasy...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Melting Snowflake "victims" are a HOOT! Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are Free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". HINT.

Keep saving for tape. Hint.

Posted By: Judman Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 06/23/22
Biitch stick, was burns correct about the 130 jlk?? 😂😂

You get to lyin it’s hard for you to stop!!

Fuucking laughing!…………………………….
It's NEVER not entertaingering than fhuqk,how many can't even BEGIN to "do" for themselves. Hint.

I reckon it only "FAIR",if you Do NOTHING Kchunts join "forces". Hint.

Sweetie,

Both have MULTIPLE variations and I can only attest,to them which I've shot through my rifles(multiple) and chronographs(multiple) and erectors(multiple). Hint.

Perhaps the 200's also now have a greater muzzle velocity,than the 155's? Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Stick no matter how hurtful you are sometimes (that’s what she said) Us Alaskans will love you no matter what. We even forgive you living closer to Seattle than you do to Anchorage..

I do have a question on the chart you provided the velocity says 3500 fps. Is that your velocity or Bryan Litz velocity? If you are getting 3500 fps out if a 308 please share that data. I will go buy a box of 155 today and have my daughter shoot that at the next 1000yd match. Come up at 1000 5.7 mils, 5 mph wind drift correction 0.9 [bleep] sign me up.
Rubble rubble, the hamburgler speaks!!! Haha

Kiss, find pressure, coal, ogive, mag constraints blah blah fuucking blah!! 😂😂

The kelpbed and Crockett crew really gets after it!!!

1,000 words biitch stick. 👊🏻

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]free photo hosting
I simply shoot it all and enjoy Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqktards,"correcting" schit they've never even fhuqking "seen" or shot. Very fhuqking FEW could begin to fhuqking fathom the magnitude and I'm happy,that more cain't. Hint.(grin)

While I disdain .30's,I reckon I've "only" shot 10,000 155 Skinners and all begrudgingly. Why? Physics matter and the .284's boast them attributes. I've only (1) SA 700 receiver that's shot out (7) barrels and it's never not been a 7-08. Hint.

Thanks for "correcting" me. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!....................
Originally Posted by 79S
Sweetie,

Stick no matter how hurtful you are sometimes (that’s what she said) Us Alaskans will love you no matter what. We even forgive you living closer to Seattle than you do to Anchorage..

I do have a question on the chart you provided the velocity says 3500 fps. Is that your velocity or Bryan Litz velocity? If you are getting 3500 fps out if a 308 please share that data. I will go buy a box of 155 today and have my daughter shoot that at the next 1000yd match. Come up at 1000 5.7 mils, 5 mph wind drift correction 0.9 [bleep] sign me up.

Looks like 308 is the caliber, not the cartridge... I would think one of the big 300's could push the 155s to 3500 with a little help...
Originally Posted by 79S
Sweetie,

Looks like 308 is the caliber, not the cartridge... I would think one of the big 300's could push the 155s to 3500 with a little help...

300 RUM, 300 weatherby according to load data out there.
Ladies,

I shoot EVERYTHING thus far cited,so please distinguish the latest pleads,as per your Hurt Feelers. Hint.

Biitch stick, perhaps drink some more liquid courage and lie about more schitt?? Haha

Be nice John and Bob like you!! 😂👊🏻
Sugar,

Setting upon your couchbound kchunt,is as "close" as you are going to get,to "doing"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Perhaps pawn your coveted signatures elsewhere?!? Hint.

Bacon throat, I’m very unfamiliar with the win mag too, Browning bbr 180 high bc silver tips 35 years ago!! 😂😎

I played the same game with a7 Rem Mag and a Weatherby mag. Sent them both down the road after about 4-5 years. My .06 did everything they did .People have a hard time grasping that what is head stamped the case, doesn't mean much.

Pick one and go hunting. You are over thinking it
Newsflash:

1. You don't need high BC bullets to kill stuff - you can use sub 0.5 G1 projectiles
2. You don't need to ditch your .30 caliber guns for 7mm or 6.5 mm ones
3. You don't need bugs on the windshield or turrets on top

I handload for my son's Montana in 300 WSM. This is last years booner from the DCUA. 150 Nosler Ballistic Tip (BC = 0.435 - yikes!) 150 yd shot.

[Linked Image]

Same gun with 150 TTSX (BC = 0.420) @ 150 yds from the TMA unit:

[Linked Image]

He drew yet another good sheep tag (Chugach Range) for this year. I'm working up a new 300 WSM load with the 165 TTSX and RL-17. Little doubt he will be handicapped with a +1" zero at 200 Yds.

Nevada mule deer - .308 Win w/ 150 NAB's shot at 150 yds:

[Linked Image]

Berner's Bay moose #1. 35 Whelen + 200 TTSX (BC = 0.37 holy ping pong balls Batman!) 200 yds

[Linked Image]

Berner's Bay moose #2 264 Win mag + 140 Nosler Partition

[Linked Image]

Don't let Mr. Magoo trick into believing what you have and are using is somehow inferior.
Nice lineup there👊🏻 Nice to see someone in Alaska hunt something besides rut dumb midget deer and kelp drunk beach bears, both of which aren’t “long range pursuits” other than some bacon throated imagination and pretend
To be honest after wading through the BS on this thread, it matters little which one is recommended in the end. As the OP has stated, he just wants a new rifle and who are we to discourage that line of thought? In fact, this whole site is built on guys buying new stuff and bragging or bagging on it all day long...

My thought is- if you're wanting to get a new rifle, why limit yourself to the two you suggested as they are so close in performance for all intended purposes? Looking around for something a little different that would still get the job done would be the route to take if it were me. Define your needs for the rifle- shooting pop cans at 50 yards? or 500 yards? Hunting at 150 yards? or 1500 yards? Do you reload? How far do you want to carry it all day long? And, probably the most important factor- how much do you want to spend?

No need to bring the discussion to this site if you don't want to, but it does make for colorful conversation... and even though Big Stick has a knack for riling up the natives here, don't discount what he has to say without thorough examination... he lives for this stuff as anyone can easily see...

But, to keep in the spirit of this thread- if it were me I would think seriously about going with a big 7 - 7 RUM, 28 Nosler, 7 Rem Mag, or something similar in a platform with the fewest constraints for experimentation. Big bullets need big mag boxes and the proper freebore, and usually long barrels. That would be my starting point...

I’m looking at the 300 Win/300 Wby because I have a bunch of brand new brass for both. Roughly 400 cases a piece. I also have dies for both. I bought a few hundred 200gr ELD-X that I plan to try. I also have Accubonds in same weight, and 180gr versions as well. I already loaded up some 168gr TTSXs.

I have a 7mm-08, 7x57, and a 7mm Rem Mag. 7mm is actually my favorite bore size, but I kind of just wanted a 300 for giggles since I had all the stuff in hand.

Ladies,

I only know of (3) Moose,(2) Caribou,(2) Sheep,(4) Bears and a single Goat that netted All Time Book last year with 147's in particular. Not that your high pitched nasal whine(s) ain't soothin',start to fhuqking finish. Hint.

Perhaps consider filing meplats,to "increase" your "effectiveness". Might you be able to stamp your feet in unison,for MAXIMUM points?!? Hint.

Posted By: Judman Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 06/24/22
Oh the “Pards “!!! Haha pics or shut your fuucking face dummy!😂

Dumb and lonely on the rez ain’t working to your advantage chowderhead. Haha
Perhaps you gals can "duel" for the Sweet "Satisfactions",regarding who thinks about me with greater frequency and longer durations?!? Hint.

Then who steals the most pics of my Critters and attributes same to their "pards". Hint.

Tell us more about the phantom.308 147 that is a B&C magnet!!! 😂😂

Fuucking laughing!……………
You "won"! Hint.

A few 147's. Hint.

Guess the fact of the matter is, you weren’t there for 1 single “net b&c “ trophy you speak you dumb lying fuucking idiot!! Haha smfh 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Put the Seagrams down, check your blood sugar and clean your c pap, your gargling and lyin again!! Haha 😂
It's easy to see who actually hunts and who just pontificates about BC's, headstamps and other blather.
Tie?!?

You Crying Kchunts should join "forces". Hint.

Which one goes best with TITTIES?
How every blog Big Schidt engages in is interpreted:

Dwayne from BC has the most polite posts on the net, I think.

My 30 calibers include an m1 semi auto 30 carbine, a 30'06 model 1895 lever action and a 300 wby accumark. I like the accuracy of the 300wby bolt action the best and shoot it the most.
GeekyDater,

If only emotions controlled Facts...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...........
[Linked Image]

I’m looking at the 300 Win/300 Wby because I have a bunch of brand new brass for both. Roughly 400 cases a piece. I also have dies for both. I bought a few hundred 200gr ELD-X that I plan to try. I also have Accubonds in same weight, and 180gr versions as well. I already loaded up some 168gr TTSXs.

I have a 7mm-08, 7x57, and a 7mm Rem Mag. 7mm is actually my favorite bore size, but I kind of just wanted a 300 for giggles since I had all the stuff in hand.

That sounds like as good a reason as any to buy a new rifle... I've bought rifles with less incentive or spare parts laying around... wink
Posted By: hotsoup Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 06/24/22
300 win mag would be my choice. I’ve owned both mentioned by the op.

That sounds like as good a reason as any to buy a new rifle... I've bought rifles with less incentive or spare parts laying around... wink

I like that picture of the 300wby. It has been one of my favorites for quite a while now. If you can shoot and handle one, by all means get it. If you have 400 pcs of new brass, I'd suggest selling half of it because you are likely not going to need the full 400 pcs. I probably have a few hundred pcs myself and question why I have so damn much. I'll never wear it out!! I don't shoot my 300wby all too much. This quote from shrap about sums it up on brass use for me as well:
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Jason280

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=300%20Weatherby%20brass&Sort=13

Have you really looked?

300 Win or 300 WBY brass, who shoots a 300 enough to wear out 100 rounds of brass.

I have the WBY and haven’t had any problem getting brass and I haven’t worn it out in over 15 years of hunting with it. Whatever a 300 Win can do, the 300 WBY will do it a little better…

I also have 2 new boxes of Norma ammo that I just got with a rifle for free. I'll be selling that at half price at my clubs next gunshow. The prices on Weatherby ammo is damn ridiculous and always has been. The reason I got into handloading my own ammo. The 300wby is fun to play with, but up to a certain point. You won't be shooting 100 rounds in a whack. The other day I fired off 40 rounds from my new rifle:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That pad is solid. Still contemplating pulling it and putting on a red pachmayr decelerator, but I may sell the rifle just the way it is and let someone else deal with it. I did my part by glass bedding it and making sure it's a great shooter...

That's with a load I had laying around. Actually worked up in this rifle a few years ago:
Shot the other day after putting the new Brown PoundR on:

Still performing pretty well, but a slight change in POI with the stock change. I have a 300wm as well, but never shoot it. I also have a 300WSM and 308 Norma. They are all great, but the WBY beats them by a slight margin in velocity. I also have to add that I've had a few 300WBY rifles and they have all shot great. Easily getting sub moa results out of them. YMMV..
DooshMike,

It's easy to see who actually hunts and who just pontificates about BC's, headstamps and other blather.
Yup
Well boys, I picked up a rifle to go with the ammo I just loaded up. I thought real hard and decided to go full-goatphuq! 9-lug Weatherby Mark V Weathermark, Leupold DD mounts/rings, VX3 3.5-10x40 CDS, and a Claw sling. Only thing I can think of to make this even worse is one of those barrel de-resonators. Maybe I can get open sights and see-through rings later down the road.
Posted By: GreggH Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 06/26/22
Well boys, I picked up a rifle to go with the ammo I just loaded up. I thought real hard and decided to go full-goatphuq! 9-lug Weatherby Mark V Weathermark, Leupold DD mounts/rings, VX3 3.5-10x40 CDS, and a Claw sling. Only thing I can think of to make this even worse is one of those barrel de-resonators. Maybe I can get open sights and see-through rings later down the road.
Take the rifle and kill game the world over. Ignore what anyone else says.

GreggH
The situation I find myself in is I ended up with 400 brand new 300 WBY cases and nearly as much 300 Win cases. I also have a ton of 30 caliber bullets.
You could sell the 300 wby brass ,and use the money to buy a new 300 win. rifle and not spend any extra money.....

Congrats on your new rifle!! I hope that you enjoy it. Welcome to the 300 <insert your favorite magnum brass stamp here> club!
Originally Posted by wyoming260
You could sell the 300 wby brass ,and use the money to buy a new 300 win. rifle and not spend any extra money.....

I think I’m gonna buy both in the long run.
Wise man!!
Posted By: Bugger Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 06/27/22
Smart move Gooch
Posted By: WAM Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 06/27/22
Very nice rifle, Gooch! An elk killer for sure.

My Mk V Fibermark .300 Wby has accounted for several one-shot flops and a couple of one-shot stagger-flops.
Sweet!
Posted By: mwarren Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 06/29/22
Berry berry nice
Posted By: Alex38 Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 06/30/22
Nice rifle! I have a 300 Wby MkV Weathermark as well. Has shot best with 180 Accubonds this far, but I’m going to try a few other bullets before it goes to Africa.
Originally Posted by Alex38
Nice rifle! I have a 300 Wby MkV Weathermark as well. Has shot best with 180 Accubonds this far, but I’m going to try a few other bullets before it goes to Africa.

Did you leave the speed bump in the stock or grind it out?
Posted By: Alex38 Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 06/30/22
I haven’t changed anything with the stock at all. My only variables have been bullets and powders.

Cool. Last year I was with a buddy and ran across a beautiful condition Weatherby Mk V chambered in 300WBY. It was $800. Not a bad deal for that rifle, but it was too gaudy for my needs. ..

I can like the looks of that rifle. Pretty nice and a great cartridge that goes inside.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

I can like the looks of that rifle. Pretty nice and a great cartridge that goes inside.

It was as subdued as they get. Some of the past versions were pretty boujie.

Yeah, the wood stocked one I mentioned earlier was very Weatherbyisk. Shined like a new penny, had some diamond inlays and white line spacers in it. It was cheap enough that I could have made money reselling it, but sometimes its not worth the hassle. I like the looks of your new Weatherby rifle though. Hopefully it shoots good for you, but most Weatherby's do. Good choice on picking the 300wby. Sounds like you will eventually buy a 300wm too. They are both great cartridges. If you decide to sell the 300wm brass, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to do that either. Many 300wm shooters around.
Posted By: beretzs Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 07/06/22

That's a sharp looking rifle! When does it get some range time?
Posted By: Fotis Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 07/06/22
It will only come as a "surprise!" to someone who "does" as "much" as you,that the Hornie .308" 180gr cited,is simply a rather poor projectile within the chamberings thus far cited.

But it worked numbnuts......... How many elk have you killed with your .999 BC bullets?

Thought so!
Posted By: OGB Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 07/07/22
Spiffy rifle Gooch!
Originally Posted by beretzs

That's a sharp looking rifle! When does it get some range time?

I hope to get out in the next week or two. It’s been busy at work.
Oh man, leaving us in suspense...

It’s been that first warm stretch of the year where all the idiots come out of hibernation. It just happened a lot later than it normally does. Overdoses all over the place, shootings at the parks, all sorts of crap. On top of that, I supervise a unit of 18 officers and 3 sergeants and they are burnt out. I’ve worked all three shifts at least once every week.

It’s been that first warm stretch of the year where all the idiots come out of hibernation. It just happened a lot later than it normally does. Overdoses all over the place, shootings at the parks, all sorts of crap. On top of that, I supervise a unit of 18 officers and 3 sergeants and they are burnt out. I’ve worked all three shifts at least once every week.
I hear that buddy. I used to work in Portland and glad I lived 90 miles away!!! I see you are in the PNW. What you describe sounds like Portland to me. Things might slow down a bit in the fall, but then you have to deal with the rain. That place is always going to be a schidt hole though.

I hear that buddy. I used to work in Portland and glad I lived 90 miles away!!! I see you are in the PNW. What you describe sounds like Portland to me. Things might slow down a bit in the fall, but then you have to deal with the rain. That place is always going to be a schidt hole though.

About 140 miles north of Portland smirk
You think Portland and other places in the PNW are schidt holes........they might be but don't even compare to the schidt hole of America,the land of Obama.....Chicago mad
spend some time there and you will be glad to go back to the PNW
Originally Posted by boatanchor
You think Portland and other places in the PNW are schidt holes........they might be but don't even compare to the schidt hole of America,the land of Obama.....Chicago mad
spend some time there and you will be glad to go back to the PNW
Ill bet. Things are pretty bad right now every where. FJB!!
Posted By: WAM Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 07/10/22
140 miles north of Portlandia? That would be south of Seattle somewhere in the smelly Taint…

FJB and Inslee, too!
Originally Posted by WAM
140 miles north of Portlandia? That would be south of Seattle somewhere in the smelly Taint…

FJB and Inslee, too!

Yeah, I'm assuming Taco town. That place is pretty bad too.
Originally Posted by WAM

FJB and Inslee, too!

Yeah, I'm assuming Taco town. That place is pretty bad too.

Does Tacoma still smell like firewood burning in the winter? I live there for the winter of 86 and the wood smoke would settle on Tacoma heavy. The Tacoma aroma the locals called it.
I used to have an incredible Voere in 300 WBY, man what a rifle. I miss the rifle more than I miss the cartridge!

Sorry, just an old man takin a walk down memory lane...
Posted By: Seafire Re: 300 Win Mag vs 300 Wby Mag - 07/11/22
Back on topic...

I load my 300 Win Mag with 82 grains of H 1000 and a 220 grain RN....

pretty much a Weatherby in a Winchester Cartridge...

the brass or the rifles don't seem to care much....

when you shoot Steel at 300 to 400 yds with it, the clank on the steel, certainly grabs people's attention....
© 24hourcampfire