Home
Posted By: nyrifleman Kevins of Thomasville - 06/27/22
Anyone done business with this shop, online or in person?

Your experience?

Were they flexible at all on pricing?
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Kevins of Thomasville - 06/27/22
I have, but it’s been a long while back. Know Kevin personally and suspect if you make an offer he will consider it. Given the price tags on some of his guns I’m pretty sure he has been getting offers for at least the last 30 years or more.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Kevins of Thomasville - 06/27/22
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Given the price tags on some of his guns I’m pretty sure he has been getting offers for at least the last 30 years or more.
Holly heck that’s funny!
Been doing business there since 2007. Very well stocked, especially on higher end guns. Quite firm on his prices, though. But he will take your check.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Kevins of Thomasville - 06/27/22
Tried to do a gun trade on a high end Winchester 23 hunting set. Couldn't even get close. I was in the store with cash in my pocket but couldn't make it work.
Posted By: pacecars Re: Kevins of Thomasville - 06/27/22
I have been shopping at Kevin’s in Tallahassee since he started. Some guns are flexible in price and some aren’t. The shop in Thomasville has a lot of high end guns. If you get by there ask them to see their gun room upstairs
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: Kevins of Thomasville - 06/27/22
Well this isn't filling me with optimism!
Posted By: boliep Re: Kevins of Thomasville - 06/28/22
Kevins is VERY high priced.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Kevins of Thomasville - 06/28/22
Last thing I bought from Kevins was a bow. grin My brother and I have looked at his guns and yes a nice collection that they are quite proud of it . I don't deal very well with pretentious gun stores , there is no gain in it for me.;
Posted By: shinbone Re: Kevins of Thomasville - 06/29/22
If Kevin's prices are so out of line, the easy solution is to go buy the same thing elsewhere for less. Can't do that? Then maybe Kevin's prices aren't so out of line, afterall.
Posted By: Borchardt Re: Kevins of Thomasville - 06/29/22
Originally Posted by shinbone
If Kevin's prices are so out of line, the easy solution is to go buy the same thing elsewhere for less. Can't do that? Then maybe Kevin's prices aren't so out of line, afterall.

Truth
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: Kevins of Thomasville - 06/29/22

Kevin? That you?

grin

He has a high end custom bt a well known maker I'm considering.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Kevins of Thomasville - 06/29/22

The problem is he doesn't have many unique products just unique prices.
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: Kevins of Thomasville - 06/29/22
https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...hester-model-70-308.cfm?gun_id=101986191

3k for a non-original P64 M70.

He's about what....1k too proud?
Posted By: 257Bob Re: Kevins of Thomasville - 06/29/22
I've shopped at both his locations for 30 plus years, his prices are market, no real deals but not over market either. Bought 5 Christensen Arms rifles over the last few years and was able to get some money off, depending if they had any CA incentives. He does have some very expensive birding shotguns but I've never priced them.
Posted By: 257Bob Re: Kevins of Thomasville - 06/29/22
Originally Posted by nyrifleman

Some of his used guns are on consignment so the customer sets the pricing.
Posted By: 458Win Re: Kevins of Thomasville - 06/30/22
I have known Kevin for a long time and the folks he caters to tend to shop by price. Meaning that if it's priced high enough they think it's worth it .
He offered to advertise my Alaskan Brown Bear and Moose hunts and asked for a brochure so I sent him some. He came back saying " I can't sell a hunt with these cheap brochures ".
I told him "I can" and left it at that.

He knows his clientele and carries nice stuff.
Posted By: beretzs Re: Kevins of Thomasville - 06/30/22

I’ll say. That’s fairly stiff pricing.

Ever heard of a shop named Cherries? Heard they might have a rifle from time to time whistle
Posted By: johnw Re: Kevins of Thomasville - 07/02/22
Originally Posted by beretzs

Ever heard of a shop named Cherries? Heard they might have a rifle from time to time whistle

Cherry's operated out of Geneseo Illinois for many years. Good people and nice stuff.
Never been to their N.C. location, But I'd wager they're still a class act.
Posted By: GSPfan Re: Kevins of Thomasville - 07/03/22
I've tried to buy some Parker shotguns from him but he's so optimistic on his prices you can't get to reality. I tried so sell some guns to him and he was just as bad about value this time way to low. Sell at retail + buy at basement prices.

I just sold a very nice pre64 M70 FWT 308 for $1850
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Kevins of Thomasville - 07/03/22

Cherrys Fine Guns , nah never heard of it, Would be too rich for my blood anyway. grin
Posted By: beretzs Re: Kevins of Thomasville - 07/05/22
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Cherrys Fine Guns , nah never heard of it, Would be too rich for my blood anyway. grin

Yep…. That’s the plate!
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: Kevins of Thomasville - 07/05/22
Originally Posted by pacecars
I have been shopping at Kevin’s in Tallahassee since he started. Some guns are flexible in price and some aren’t. The shop in Thomasville has a lot of high end guns. If you get by there ask them to see their gun room upstairs
Live an hour north of them and visit the Thomasville store frequently. They are legit. Nice, personable. But high as hell on their prices. They are in our “plantation belt” and cater to big money. There is a snob factor to say you got your vintage double or Filson jacket at Kevin’s. Their business model works because of their location (surrounded by big money)
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Kevins of Thomasville - 07/06/22
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Originally Posted by pacecars
Live an hour north of them and visit the Thomasville store frequently. They are legit. Nice, personable. But high as hell on their prices. They are in our “plantation belt” and cater to big money. There is a snob factor to say you got your vintage double or Filson jacket at Kevin’s. Their business model works because of their location (surrounded by big money)

+1
Posted By: pacecars Re: Kevins of Thomasville - 07/06/22
He knows his clientele and he has told me that his clothing sales and other items allows him to play with the guns. He doesn’t try to compete with the box stores. I have made several good deals at the Tallahassee location. I think the Thomasville store might cater to a slightly “snootier” crowd
© 24hourcampfire