Home
Posted By: bmet Christensen Mesa FFT - 06/28/22
Dealer just called the Mesa FFT is on its way I should have it by Friday?
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Christensen Mesa FFT - 06/28/22
Not surprising. LGS has a Ridgeline FFT. I believe CA said they were going to try and begin filling orders in late April.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Christensen Mesa FFT - 06/30/22
I'm betting you're gonna like it.
Posted By: bmet Re: Christensen Mesa FFT - 06/30/22
I hope
Posted By: bmet Re: Christensen Mesa FFT - 06/30/22
Ok Its in my hands Im not doing back flips yet we will shoot it and see I dont hink it is as light as advertised
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: Christensen Mesa FFT - 07/01/22
I got my Mesa FFT .308 Win today and I like the FFT stock a lot, it is a nice upgrade over the old stock, fit and finish is per Christensen very good, I also really like the new FFT bolt knob ( I never did like the tiny bolt knob on my old model Ridgelines and Mesa) ...I also had some time to break in the barrel and shoot a few 3 shot groups with some of My handloads, I only had time to shoot 3 different loads, one group was a tad over MOA and the other two groups were just under MOA and the rifle performed as it should with no feeding or extraction/ejection issues...So far I like the rifle and figure it will probly stay with me a while especially if I can find some loads that shoot really well...Good luck with your rifle bmet šŸ‘....Hb
Posted By: bmet Re: Christensen Mesa FFT - 07/01/22
I like the rifle as well I was thinking it was going to be lighter My Montana with a longer barrel is lighter Im keeping this one also we will see how it shots
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: Christensen Mesa FFT - 07/01/22
I agree with you on the weight, I did not weigh My rifle but I dont think its quite as light as advertised but its still plenty light..I think i will try a Ridgeline FFT .308 Win or .300 WSM next, I am digging the new FFt stock šŸ‘.....Hb
Posted By: bmet Re: Christensen Mesa FFT - 07/01/22
Me too I really like the stock
Posted By: MK257 Re: Christensen Mesa FFT - 07/03/22
Fit/Finish is fantastic on my .300. Havenā€™t fired a round yet, but I like the larger bolt handle and the over all ergonomics. Slighlyt muzzle heavy with a balance point approximately 1ā€ in front of the front action screw.

6lbs 3oz naked- I imagined it just under 6, but for all around use, it should fit.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Christensen Mesa FFT - 07/03/22
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
I agree with you on the weight, I did not weigh My rifle but I dont think its quite as light as advertised but its still plenty light..I think i will try a Ridgeline FFT .308 Win or .300 WSM next, I am digging the new FFt stock šŸ‘.....Hb

Got a Ridgline FFT 300WSM on order myself. Ordered it just after new of its release. Was told delivery would right around 9 months - WTF. cry
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: Christensen Mesa FFT - 07/04/22
Originally Posted by WiFowler

Got a Ridgline FFT 300WSM on order myself. Ordered it just after new of its release. Was told delivery would right around 9 months - WTF. cry
Yeah for some reason Christensen is dragging their feet on the Ridgeline FFT's chambered for .300 WSM .....Looks like a pile of 308's are available right now though.....Good luck ...Hb
Originally Posted by MK257
Fit/Finish is fantastic on my .300. Havenā€™t fired a round yet, but I like the larger bolt handle and the over all ergonomics. Slighlyt muzzle heavy with a balance point approximately 1ā€ in front of the front action screw.

6lbs 3oz naked- I imagined it just under 6, but for all around use, it should fit.
That should make for a fantastic do-all rifle šŸ‘šŸ‘...Hb
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Christensen Mesa FFT - 07/04/22
22" barrel on a 28 Nosler. Did I read that right?
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Christensen Mesa FFT - 07/04/22
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Yep. Don't let all the 'smoke and mirrors' of FFT shade the fact that several FFT models (calibers) saw barrels shortened to increase the weight savings.
Posted By: SKane Re: Christensen Mesa FFT - 07/04/22
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Yep. Don't let all the 'smoke and mirrors' of FFT shade the fact that several FFT models (calibers) saw barrels shortened to increase the weight savings.

Yeah, that and I think the assumption is many folks would be adding a suppressor.
Originally Posted by SKane
[quote=WiFowler]

Yeah, that and I think the assumption is many folks would be adding a suppressor.

I know I'll be adding a suppressor. grin
[quote=WiFowler]

I know I'll be adding a suppressor. grin

What??????!!!!! You don't wanna touch off an unsuppressed, 20-inch-tubed 300wsm? laugh laugh
Posted By: Mull Re: Christensen Mesa FFT - 07/04/22
Im Gonna Have To Have a 6.5-284...i Like The Shorter Barrels.. Way Easier To Drag around in the Mountain Brush Here in North Ga..
Oh yeah, shorter barrels are much better for my style of hunting and I sure ainā€™t scared of ā€œ touching offā€ any .300 WSM or .300 Win as I have owned many lightweight Bolt action rifles chambered in these cartridges ( Kimber Montanaā€™s and T3X Superliteā€™s) and recoil certainly is NOT an issue for me but I also donā€™t own a 6.5 Creed šŸ˜„....Hb
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Christensen Mesa FFT - 07/04/22
Originally Posted by Mull
Im Gonna Have To Have a 6.5-284...i Like The Shorter Barrels.. Way Easier To Drag around in the Mountain Brush Here in North Ga..

Off the top of my head I can think of at least 6 rifles that would be handier then the Christensen for that task. I used to own a Mesa in 6.5 creed more but the recoil was just too much. It weighed 4 oz more then the listed website weight.
Oh yeah, shorter barrels are much better for my style of hunting and I sure ainā€™t scared of ā€œ touching offā€ any .300 WSM or .300 Win as I have owned many lightweight Bolt action rifles chambered in these cartridges ( Kimber Montanaā€™s and T3X Superliteā€™s) and recoil certainly is NOT an issue for me but I also donā€™t own a 6.5 Creed šŸ˜„....Hb

It's the NOISE man, not the weight.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Christensen Mesa FFT - 07/04/22
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
laugh
What??????!!!!! You don't wanna touch off an unsuppressed, 20-inch-tubed 300wsm? laugh laugh

About as much as you do....blush. And while the side port brake does a pretty good job of mitigating recoil, it in no way, shape or form, lessons the muzzle blast.

So, yes, the 20", 300WSM was ordered with every intent to run suppressed, 100% of the time.
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: Christensen Mesa FFT - 07/05/22

Sorry Skane, I thought you were implying that you are a recoil wuss šŸ˜... Ridgelines come with a head busting factory muzzle brake, I would throw that thing away in the nearest trash can and install a thread protector ASAP...I always wear good hearing protection at the range and only shoot once or twice without ear muffs while hunting (only if im lucky enough to see one of my target bucks) ...Hb
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Christensen Mesa FFT - 07/05/22
Originally Posted by Mull

Wait time for a 300WSM is long enough. Can't imagine how long it will take to get a 6.5-284.

Edit: Come to think of it, I don't know that I've ever seen or heard of a CA 6.5-284 in any model, in the wild. If in fact Mull gets, one he may have a 'collectors piece'.
Posted By: SKane Re: Christensen Mesa FFT - 07/05/22

Sorry Skane, I thought you were implying that you are a recoil wuss šŸ˜...

LOL. Well, I don't go out of my way to find it. laugh
Posted By: Mull Re: Christensen Mesa FFT - 07/09/22
Euro Optics Has The New FFT Ridge Line In Stock In 6.5-284. With The 22" Barrel..I Called To Check LA Or SA . And They Are Built On The LA. I ve Got Freind That Gets Whole Sale. $2010. Told Him I'd Take One As Soon As He Could Get One.. He's a Smaller Dealer So May Take Him a Few Weeks..Now The Bad Part. IM wanting a SA in 7-08...
Posted By: bmet Re: Christensen Mesa FFT - 07/16/22
shot the Mesa FFT today and I am very happy with it the weight with Tally rings and a Leupold 2.5-8 is 6.41
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Christensen Mesa FFT - 07/16/22
Got my Ridgeline FFT in 300WSM yesterday!

Bare rifle - no scope, rings or bases, with bolt installed and brake attached - 5lb 3oz.

Does not come with a thread protector, or at least this one didn't.

With a Swaro Z8i 2-16x50 mounted in Leupold Std rings and bases (not the lightest ring/base combo by any means, but I used what was in my stash), the gun tipped the scale at 7lb 2oz.

Took it out this morning to start barrel brake-in and initial sight in. Did all the shooting as configured above, although I intend to shoot the gun more often than not suppressed.

Using Norma Bondstrike 180gr factory loads, I was able to shoot a .4MOA 4 shot group, that opened up to 1MOA when I pulled the 5th shot (My excitement of the group size for the first 4 shots got to me, and spoiled the overall 5 shot group).

Norma markets these rounds with a MV of 3084. Across my MagnetoSpeed and down the 20" spout, they averaged 2935 FPS.
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: Christensen Mesa FFT - 07/16/22
Nice report Wifo, I think i got to have one just like yours. 5.3lbs .300 wsm would be perfect for My mountain hunts. How does the rifle feed with that 35 degree shoulder on the .300 WSM is my only concern ..If you want a thread protector Christensen will send you one for free ( they sent me one for my Mesa) but its a damn shame these rifles dont include a thread protector from the factory like they used to..Good luck...Hb
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Christensen Mesa FFT - 07/16/22
Didn't have any issues with feeding. I'm hoping that trend continues.
I have other CA Ridgelines. Gonna see if the thread protectors from the 24" or 26" CF bbls mate up to the 20" bbl muzzle profile before I jump the gun and call CA.
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: Christensen Mesa FFT - 07/17/22
Didn't have any issues with feeding. I'm hoping that trend continues.
I have other CA Ridgelines. Gonna see if the thread protectors from the 24" or 26" CF bbls mate up to the 20" bbl muzzle profile before I jump the gun and call CA.
I had a Ridgeline .300 WSM some years back and it fed a little rough compared to my Kimber and Winchester chambered for the same cartridge...and My guess is that your old thread protectors will work fine...good luck...Hb
Posted By: SKane Re: Christensen Mesa FFT - 07/18/22

That's a swing and a miss by CA.
But they offer them on their website.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Christensen Mesa FFT - 07/18/22

That's a swing and a miss by CA.
But they offer them on their website.

Not gonna loose a lot of sleep over it. 1) It'll probably be home to my 30 cal can most of the time, 2) got some spares that'll work, and 3) push comes to shove . . . I know a guy.
© 24hourcampfire