Home
Posted By: Jason280 Cooper 52? - 08/05/22
Came across an interesting rifle today, a Cooper Model 52. Rifle was chambered in .300 Win Mag, with a 26" fluted/stainless barrel and green synthetic stock. The receiver looked to be coated(?) black, not sure if its stainless as well.

Which rifle would this be, and what would be a fair price on a used one in excellent condition?
Posted By: Schmidtx2 Re: Cooper 52? - 08/05/22
Sounds like a timberline or timberlight. 1800.00- 2000.00
Posted By: deerslayer6837 Re: Cooper 52? - 08/05/22
Jackson Game? I agree with the price above, when you start getting into wood stocks with options the price can vary wildly.
Posted By: WhelenAway Re: Cooper 52? - 08/05/22
Originally Posted by deerslayer6837
Jackson Game? I agree with the price above, when you start getting into wood stocks with options the price can vary wildly.

Close, but I think it is a Jackson Hunter. I believe the Jackson Hunter has a synthetic stock, CM action and SS barrel. The Jackson Game is wood stocked.
Posted By: deerslayer6837 Re: Cooper 52? - 08/06/22
Maybe, I’m a Custom Classic guy myself!!!

Attached picture 8D92F745-8ADF-40D3-9997-0F9C5FCBE3F9.jpeg
Posted By: TheLastLemming76 Re: Cooper 52? - 08/06/22
The sweet spot for Coopers is in classic blued steel and walnut IMO. When you start getting into synthetic stocks and more precision type rifles. There’s nothing wrong with a Cooper but it isn’t really there wheelhouse or what they built there brand on.
Posted By: WhelenAway Re: Cooper 52? - 08/06/22

Western Classic, Custom Classic, or Classic all suit me.

Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
The sweet spot for Coopers is in classic blued steel and walnut IMO. When you start getting into synthetic stocks and more precision type rifles. There’s nothing wrong with a Cooper but it isn’t really there wheelhouse or what they built there brand on.

I'm a wood/blue guy myself, and agree that this is Cooper's strength lies. But the Backcountry (M92) is a really fine lightweight rifle, and the two I've had were very accurate.
Posted By: DeanAnderson Re: Cooper 52? - 08/06/22
I have a 52 Classic in 30-06. Was interested in getting an Excaliber stock (try to save the walnut stock) from Cooper for it until I found out how much that would cost. They, Cooper, asked for the serial number to make sure about the correct stock, so I sent it to them. They replied that they had no record of my rifle! Lol! So I sent a couple pictures and asked what that was all about and was told when they bought the company from Cooper, he didn't transfer all the records of his builds.
Posted By: Biebs Re: Cooper 52? - 08/06/22
The Jackson Hunter stock has a rollover cheekpiece....easy to identify.
Posted By: Jason280 Re: Cooper 52? - 08/06/22
Can't recall if it had the rollover cheekpiece or not...
© 24hourcampfire