Home
Different style bullet obviously but this just looks off to me. One is the standard Norma .308 load the other is the Whitetail load. Would they really seat it out that much father?

Attached picture IMG_8177.JPG
Attached picture IMG_8178.JPG
I guess it would depend on where the ogive is on each bullet.
Dang. You expect a little variation with mass produced stuff. But that seems excessive.
Looks off. Is the whole box like that. Maybe get with norma
Start measuring. That brass looks different to me.
I bought ten boxes of the Whitetail for my wifes .308 MkII Ruger. it loves them. they look like the ones with no "sticker" on the box.

White label / sticker box cartridge brass looks off to me.
Looks off to me, but a true side-by-side pic would tell the tale.
Better check oal and other dimensions. If I seated anything as far out as that, it would never fit in my 308's mag.
The shoulder also looks different on the one. Does it headspace correctly?
Originally Posted by Featherweight6555
I bought ten boxes of the Whitetail for my wifes .308 MkII Ruger. it loves them. they look like the ones with no "sticker" on the box.

Same here. The brass looks way different.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Featherweight6555

Same here. The brass looks way different.

That's what I'm seeing. Looks like 2 different cases.
Need a better side x side close-up picture.
It’d help a lot if there was a pic of the two rounds side by side.

If you have a comparator break out the calipers and measure from the ogive, because that’s what really counts.

With most 308W S/A bolt rifles, for the the ammo to fit and function in the mag, the throat is a long ways away.

Does the standard load fit in the mag?
Both fit in the mag., chamber and fire just fine. The bullet tip is obviously different. Much flatter on the plain Norma. I think the case looks different due to the angle of the pic. I’ve checked two boxes of the five plain Norma and they’re both like that. It groups about 1.5” out of the M12 I just bought on here. The Norma WT shoots under 1”. I’ll post a SxS pic ASAP.
The one on the left the shoulder looks malformed or creased. Maybe the bullet wouldn’t seat all the way due to a problem with the case. Hard to tell for sure with the lighting.
That one on the right looks fat, like a 338 Federal fat
I bought a case of that ammo a few months ago. It looks like the one that's seated deeper of the two that you show. It's does about 1.8 MOA in a Model 700 that usually shoots a lot better than that. But a buddy of mine built his first an M-5 pattern rifle a few months ago and it puts five shots from the same case of ammo into 0.5 MOA.

Go figure.

Okie John
Side by side. Both fit the magazine, feed and fire fine. The Whitetail is the more accurate of the two. At least in two of my five .308's. The std. Norma has a much flatter point.

Attached picture IMG_8191.JPG
Originally Posted by magshooter1
Side by side. Both fit the magazine, feed and fire fine

So, much ado about nothing tired
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
Originally Posted by magshooter1
Side by side. Both fit the magazine, feed and fire fine

So, much ado about nothing tired

The bullets are listed as being the same weight and style. The one on the left just looks OFF to me.
They are not the same "style".
They are prolly the same. it's just the photo I believe.

It's the angel of the dangle, if it doesn't match, check the heat of the meat as it dangles for a proper dangle.
I started with the ones seated way out there. They shot so good out of my M70 that I ordered 5 more boxes and got the ones that are seated normal (whitetail). I haven’t shot these yet to see how they do. I’m inclined to pull a bullet from the ones seated long to see what they weigh. They seem longer than a typical 150 gr bullet.

I also noted that the longer looking ones are made in Germany, while the Whitetail is made in Sweden.
One has a canelure and crimp, the other does not. They are obviously two different lines of ammo and two different bullet designs. Wonder how the powders will compare if you do pull them? Hopefully they'll shoot great. The Norma WT seems to be one of the strongest bargains going.
I emailed Norma several weeks ago regarding the .308 ammo...

"How is sku 20177382 (Whitetail) different from sku 2422029 (softpoint hunting)? They appear to be the same thing in a different box. Are they using the same bullet but loaded differently? I bought a case of 2422029 and need to know if they're a decent round for mule deer. Please clear up my confusion. Thanks!"

-‐‐-------
Their response:

Thank you for your inquiry. I've been advised by my product team that there is no difference in those cartridges. They were simply produced in different countries at different times. Hopefully this was able to help with your question.

Kind regards,
Aaron C.
Customer Service Representative
Normashooting: 912-800-9332
Same, besides the canelure, crimp and country of origin. LOL

How does the base to ogive measurement compare?
© 24hourcampfire