Home
Posted By: Wyatt_G price check - 09/28/22
Didn’t know whether to post this here or the classifieds, but have a rifle im thinking about selling, and wondering what the value is. It’s a stainless mrc 1999 xwr 300 win mag, scope is a vortex viper hs lr 4-16x44 with bdc reticle. Both the gun and scope are in excellent condition, rifle has about 80rds down the tube.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: price check - 09/28/22
Back when they first came out (around 2014), Short action smoker sold them for around $1,000.00. So I'd say yours is worth roughly $900 used, but that also depends on how bad someone wants it. Do yourself a favor and take the scope off and sell it separately. Also, to get a better idea on true value I'd look at gunbroker completed sales and go from there. I may be off on my estimate, but do know what they sold for new. I personally would not pay more for it than what they sold for new a few years ago.. As a side note, there have been threads on these rifles. They look good and are quite desirable. However, they are a tad heavy. By comparison, my 300wby Winchester model 70 weighs 7 pounds. Your rifle weighs in around 7.5-7 3/4 pounds... A comparable Wincheseter model 70 extreme weather weighs about 7 1/4 pounds..
Posted By: hanco Re: price check - 09/28/22
800 to 1000
Posted By: Wyatt_G Re: price check - 09/28/22
Thanks guys, bsa i’ll definitely check out the completed sales on gunbroker. Didn’t know you could do that.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: price check - 09/28/22
Originally Posted by Wyatt_G
Thanks guys, bsa i’ll definitely check out the completed sales on gunbroker. Didn’t know you could do that.

Yep, its in their advanced search function I believe. Good luck with it. Those are nice rifles and like I said before, they had a lot of interest when they were first introduced. I haven't heard much about them for a few years though.
© 24hourcampfire