Home
Posted By: Alex38 Christensen Mesa Rings/Bases - 09/30/22
I recently purchased a new Mesa in 300WM. I typically use Talley Lightweights on my rifles, so I ordered a set of Mediums. Everything seemed fine at first, but then I noticed that the rear base partially extends over the cutout at the rear of the ejection port that Christensen puts on their rifles. Has anyone else encountered this with a Christensen Long Action and Talleys? I'm not sure if it would be a functional issue, or just a cosmetic annoyance. Thank you for your input!
Originally Posted by Alex38
I recently purchased a new Mesa in 300WM. I typically use Talley Lightweights on my rifles, so I ordered a set of Mediums. Everything seemed fine at first, but then I noticed that the rear base partially extends over the cutout at the rear of the ejection port that Christensen puts on their rifles. Has anyone else encountered this with a Christensen Long Action and Talleys? I'm not sure if it would be a functional issue, or just a cosmetic annoyance. Thank you for your input!

You should be fine. Mainly just a cosmetic issue. I often wonder why Talley doesn't put a little more thought into things like this. I've seen it before, some are worse than others. One reason I don't use Talley lightweights anymore.
I use Talley lightweight ringmounts on all my Christensen Mesa/Ridgeline rifles and your observance is only a cosmetic issue it will not affect function....Hb
Huh. My Talley lightweight ringmounts don't do that. That's because CA said the action is a M700 SA clone drilled with a M700 SA base pattern, so silly me, I ordered up a M700 SA lightweight one-piece ring set.

Not because I know what I'm doing. Just didn't realize Talley offers a CA-specific version.
Thanks for the input. I’ll go ahead and mount a scope and start breaking it in. If all goes well it might go with me to South Africa next year.
© 24hourcampfire