Home
I know I asked this question quite some time ago. But looking for the best drop in trigger for a Remington 700 long action. Safety and reliability first and foremost but I appreciate a smooth fairly light trigger 2-3 pounds . I had meant to take care of this project quite some time ago but now I am addressing it
I’ve used several Timneys and been very pleased. If I find another rifle that needs a trigger, I may try something else to see if they’re any better.
I have been using TriggerTechs for 700's myself. No complaints.
+1 on Trigger Tech. I've had them on both of my 700s (including a long action) for several years now and no complaints either.
I have timneys and triggertech. The triggertech "feels" a little more quality to me but I like the wide trigger shoe on the timneys a little better. Between the two I would probably just get whatever I found a better deal on at the time.
Have both TT and a Timney.

For what you describe; a TriggerTech Primary is the way I'd lean.
Trigger Tech Special. Why? Because you will love it so much, you will want it lighter later on. You can have a 1-3# with the Special!! ha I started with TT Primary myself. Now all I use are Specials.
Definitely TriggerTech.
Triggertech
2-3 lb target, timney or TT either one. You want a wide or narrow trigger shoe?
I’m very happy with the Triggertech that I put in earlier this year.
I have all Timney triggers and just installed two more yesterday. I prefer a thin shoe and Timney has the 510THIN (or 512THIN if you want a nickel). They are easy to adjust and have not found a reason to try anything else.
I have a couple Timneys and they are great. What is so special with the trigger techs?
Well I picked up a trigger tech we’ll see how it works
© 24hourcampfire