Home
Posted By: DrDeath T3X aftermarket stock choices - 11/08/22
Those T3X owners here on the forum, have you changed out your factory plastic Tupperware stock for a better stock ??

What stocks do you recommend? I’m looking to change out one on a T3X 308 …..
I did the McMillan Sako Classic EDGE on a few of mine.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

That’s nice
Originally Posted by DrDeath
Those T3X owners here on the forum, have you changed out your factory plastic Tupperware stock for a better stock ??

What stocks do you recommend? I’m looking to change out one on a T3X 308 …..

If it doesn't fit you well, change it out. Beretzs has a nice picture there. Don't know how many of those he still has, as I know he sold one a while back saying he didn't like the ergo's of the stock or Tikka or something. Still don't know exactly.. Is there a reason you want to change your factory stock out?
Beretzs??
I have 3 made by Bell and Carlson……I like them and the rifles shoot great! I know some don’t like them but take a look good value imo!
Beretzs??

Why are you wanting to go to an aftermarket stock?
McMillan Sako Hunter..

Better grip, longer and palm swell, and the comb is more comfortable, then their Classic model.

[Linked Image from images.finncdn.no]
Originally Posted by Northman
McMillan Sako Hunter..

Better grip, longer and palm swell, and the comb is more comfortable, then their Classic model.

That is my favorite stock for sporter rifles.

I do like the factory ctr stocks on a tikka but I don’t care for the regular stock. The ctr stock fits me better.
Originally Posted by Kaleb
McMillan Sako Hunter..

I do like the factory ctr stocks on a tikka but I don’t care for the regular stock. The ctr stock fits me better.

The Sako Hunter is what I put on my Howa 6 Creed. Love it. Although it is heavier, even EDGE filled.

I changed out the Tikka stocks since they were short as hell for me and just didn't feel great. So I changed them out. I have no bones what so ever with Tikka. One of the easiest rifles a fella can buy. I am just a Model 70 guy and enjoy them more, so I sent the Tikka's down the road. I do like my CTR and get along fine with it, but they are play guns mostly for me.
Krg bravo
Mesa Precision Attitude on one T3; AG Composities Privateer on another. Actually prefer the AG stock, but it took 17 weeks to get, whereas the Mesa was on my doorstep in about 6 weeks.
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Krg bravo

Those are so bulky and heavy
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Kaleb
McMillan Sako Hunter..

The Sako Hunter is what I put on my Howa 6 Creed. Love it. Although it is heavier, even EDGE filled.

I changed out the Tikka stocks since they were short as hell for me and just didn't feel great. So I changed them out. I have no bones what so ever with Tikka. One of the easiest rifles a fella can buy. I am just a Model 70 guy and enjoy them more, so I sent the Tikka's down the road. I do like my CTR and get along fine with it, but they are play guns mostly for me.

I like the red recoil pad! Is that an option?
Oh yeah, you can get either color you want when you order.
There's a McMillan Sako Classic Edge in the Classifieds right now.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...e-sako-classic-tikka-t3-t3x#Post17774372
I'll take a $30 screw in cheek riser and a case of primers
I've been extremely happy with the Wildcat UL on my T3x SL. Very light, stiff and tough. Slightly higher comb than the factory stock also. Not sure if they're available in the US again or not, but a great LW, inexpensive DIY option, if they are.

Got my rifle under 5.5 pounds, with the help of some Ti parts.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Hunters Edge on my Superlite. I like it.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Krg bravo

For some I suppose. For actually shooting and killing scheit, they work well. A 9.5lb rifle (ready to hunt) is not what I would consider "heavy"

Better ergos, recoil control, aics mags. Yes please.

Honestly the factory stock with the vertical grip module is good.
You’ve been asked twice why you want to swap stocks.

Be advised that a different stock is unlikely to affect performance.

If you’re making a change to make a change I get it, just don’t think it will shoot better.

I speak from experience. My brother bought a B&C Medalist for me for Christmas for a T3 7mm-08. It’s actually a little heavier and thicker in the wrist. No change in accuracy.

P
Probably wants something that fits better?
Some nice stocks.
Great stocks and ideas.
Krg bravo

For some I suppose. For actually shooting and killing scheit, they work well. A 9.5lb rifle (ready to hunt) is not what I would consider "heavy"

I didn't mind the factory stock either, the vertical grip is great.

I picked up a used ctr stock for 50 bucks on ebay, and added the flat forearm. This is it on a t1x.

Originally Posted by killerv
Krg bravo

I didn't mind the factory stock either, the vertical grip is great.

I picked up a used ctr stock for 50 bucks on ebay, and added the flat forearm. This is it on a t1x.

Now, that looks good. Hopefully Tikka is taking notes.. I also agree with what Pharm said earlier. He knows his Tikka's. However, they are not one size fits all I guess. Luckily I like the ergos of the factory stock. They are lightweight and just work well. Some guys have no need to "upgrade" the factory stock. Speaking of factory stocks, the newer ones like the roughtech with texturing feel pretty good to me. The T3x is an upgrade over the T3 stock as well. To each their own.
Don't mean to hijack the thread but a quick question about these Tikka stocks. Of the stocks mentioned, which ones don't have a palm swell? Specifically the different models of McMillan and the Bell and Carlson. I know some people like them but I have always hated palm swells. To make things worse, I have a Dupuytren's contracture on my right hand (basically a big lump of scar tissue) that makes palm swells even more uncomfortable.

Thanks in advance,

Mark
B&C are large in the palm due to the aluminum bedding block I have large hands and not an issue for me.
Originally Posted by mnimrod45
Don't mean to hijack the thread but a quick question about these Tikka stocks. Of the stocks mentioned, which ones don't have a palm swell? Specifically the different models of McMillan and the Bell and Carlson. I know some people like them but I have always hated palm swells. To make things worse, I have a Dupuytren's contracture on my right hand (basically a big lump of scar tissue) that makes palm swells even more uncomfortable.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

The McMillan Edge doesn’t have a palm swell.
Wildcat when we could get them. Now Stockys ultra lite at 21-22oz. Neither have palm swells.
Originally Posted by AKduck
Wildcat when we could get them. Now Stockys ultra lite at 21-22oz. Neither have palm swells.
Thinking hard about one of these myself
© 24hourcampfire