Home
Posted By: Tarquin MacBros actions? - 11/17/22
Anyone have experience with MacBros stainless actions? Looking at the long action repeater with magnum bolt-face. Price is too good to be true, or maybe not. TIA.
Posted By: Darryle Re: MacBros actions? - 11/17/22
I have one, nice and smooth.

It's a Evo II stainless short action standard bolt face for DBM, smooth. I haven't spent a ton of time with it though. The bolt take down was a little cumbersome the first time, bolt release is easy to manipulate.

I put it in the box with a Manners EH1 stock, Proof Sendero Carbon barrel, TT special and Hawkins M5 Hunter DBM bottom metal. I need to drop it off so I can really play with it when it comes back.
Posted By: Tarquin Re: MacBros actions? - 11/17/22
Originally Posted by Darryle
I have one, nice and smooth.

It's a Evo II stainless short action standard bolt face for DBM, smooth. I haven't spent a ton of time with it though. The bolt take down was a little cumbersome the first time, bolt release is easy to manipulate.

I put it in the box with a Manners EH1 stock, Proof Sendero Carbon barrel, TT special and Hawkins M5 Hunter DBM bottom metal. I need to drop it off so I can really play with it when it comes back.

Thanks sir. I pulled the trigger on the long action (no pun intended). Hard to pass at $685 for a custom action. Long action Evo II (Ti) is supposed to be out in the spring, but they said that last winter too.
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: MacBros actions? - 11/17/22
They make a bunch of actions for different high end makers.. for a reason
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: MacBros actions? - 11/20/22
Decent actions as long as you don't run a windage turret. Like many customs with m16 style extractors the ejection angle is high and will bounce cases off of any windage turret of size and back into the action.

Bb
Posted By: Tarquin Re: MacBros actions? - 11/20/22
Hmmmmm....I will ask Macbros about that. Sounds like a flaw that might dq the purchase.
Posted By: Tarquin Re: MacBros actions? - 11/21/22
I just got off the phone with Macbros. Their M-16 extractor is a modified version with different extraction geometry. The spent case does not hit the windage turret on ejection.
© 24hourcampfire