Home
Posted By: Poconojack Fieldcraft, Montana, NULA - 11/29/22
Wondering why none of these rifles are available?
Posted By: 8SNAKE Re: Fieldcraft, Montana, NULA - 11/29/22
Demand > supply

With possible exception of the Montana, the supply is not increasing and won't be going up soon. People are often reluctant to sell a rifle that would be difficult to replace down the road.
Posted By: d500lnn Re: Fieldcraft, Montana, NULA - 11/29/22
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE
Demand > supply

With possible exception of the Montana, the supply is not increasing and won't be going up soon. People are often reluctant to sell a rifle that would be difficult to replace down the road.

The only reason I haven’t sold my Fieldcraft or Montana. I’ve never owned a ULA or NULA. I really like the other two but the prices these things go for are crazy…I thought hard. Glad I decided to keep
Buy a Cooper backcountry
Posted By: 8SNAKE Re: Fieldcraft, Montana, NULA - 11/29/22
Originally Posted by cooperfan
Buy a Cooper backcountry

[Linked Image from sayingimages.com]
Posted By: jeeper Re: Fieldcraft, Montana, NULA - 11/29/22
I sent a Forbes 20B to Melvin a few years back and got it "Melvinized". I remember reading about them in probably the mid 80's and always wanted one and in 284 Win of course. While mine ain't a Nula it is close enough. It sure shoots like a Nula.
Someone almost talked ne out of my 7-08 18" fieldcraft last year. Their $3500 offer had me seriously looking at anti defiance actions, bruxism barrels etc. But the fieldcraft shoots extremely well and has a 3" magbox. It would be a roll of the dice replacing it.

Bb
Posted By: tkinak Re: Fieldcraft, Montana, NULA - 11/30/22
Smart folks have them tucked away in their safes! smile
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Fieldcraft, Montana, NULA - 11/30/22
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Someone almost talked ne out of my 7-08 18" fieldcraft last year. Their $3500 offer had me seriously looking at anti defiance actions, bruxism barrels etc. But the fieldcraft shoots extremely well and has a 3" magbox. It would be a roll of the dice replacing it.

Bb

Much as I like it, $3500 would get mine. I liked the Alpine I donated to the grandkids nearly as well, and my tricked-out Mini is right in there too.

OTOH, the current market price on them doesn’t even make me twitch. I expect one of my sons will get it in time.
Fieldcraft are a POS. List them immediately for sale

Bb
It’s worth $2500 tops
Posted By: UpTop Re: Fieldcraft, Montana, NULA - 11/30/22
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Bb
It’s worth $2500 tops
Wouldn't take 2500 for mine, no phuqqing way
Originally Posted by UpTop

Bb
It’s worth $2500 tops
Wouldn't take 2500 for mine, no phuqqing way
$2400?

Bb
I believe a Salvage Model 10 has a 3 inch mag box.
Posted By: Switch Re: Fieldcraft, Montana, NULA - 11/30/22
Originally Posted by DollarShort

Bb
I believe a Salvage Model 10 has a 3 inch mag box.

A 3" box does not a Fieldcraft make!
Posted By: Switch Re: Fieldcraft, Montana, NULA - 11/30/22

Bb
It’s worth $2500 tops

Post a WTB a Fieldcraft for $2500.00 and wait a long time for a reply!
Posted By: LBP Re: Fieldcraft, Montana, NULA - 11/30/22
Rifles Inc Strata
Originally Posted by Switch

Bb
It’s worth $2500 tops

Post a WTB a Fieldcraft for $2500.00 and wait a long time for a reply!
A guy wouldn’t be waiting long, Tard.
When I bought my Fieldcraft, I had to wait 10 days before I could pick it up. On the day I picked it up, a guy came up to me and said, I'll give you $500.00 more than you paid for the rifle. I just smiled and said, it's not for sale.

It shoots really well.

6.5 CM. I really got it for my wife. I couldn't sell her rifle.
Posted By: Teeder Re: Fieldcraft, Montana, NULA - 11/30/22
I'm glad I liked my Montana better when I held a FC. Saved me a bunch of money.
Posted By: Teal Re: Fieldcraft, Montana, NULA - 11/30/22
I'd need more than 2500 to give up my Montucky. "Market Value" be damned. It's not on the market so the value is "Teal Value" and it's north of 2500 - like it that much.
Originally Posted by Teal
I'd need more than 2500 to give up my Montucky. "Market Value" be damned. It's not on the market so the value is "Teal Value" and it's north of 2500 - like it that much.

Yessir, I agree.
I have a 7-08 Montana that is not going anywhere. Don’t shoot it much so far, and can’t use it where I live and hunt. But. It’s mine and if by some chance I get a chance to hunt elsewhere I will have a rifle to use.
© 24hourcampfire