Home
Posted By: Just a Hunter Christensen Rifle ? - 12/29/22
Over the past few years there has been much criticism of these rifles. From accuracy to bad triggers. I know of one local person who had a terrible time with his Ridgeline as far as accuracy goes and finally put a Proof Research barrel on it. Another has the Mesa Long Range and except for the weight has no complaints. He shoots PRS matches and has attended sniper school when in the military. He is an excellent shot.

So, my question is with all their models does one have more complaints than another?
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Christensen Rifle ? - 12/29/22
the ridgelines in 300 WM seem to have some issues. but it could be user induced too. Christensen is pretty specific on their barrel break in procedure. i have three CA rifles and have followed the break in procedure to a T and have not had any problems in fact my 28 Nosler Ridgeline shoots 162 eld-x into a.3 inch group pretty routinely if I do my part. I dont put rifles in leadsleds and in fact all of my CA rifles have been sighted in off of a bipod with rear bag.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Christensen Rifle ? - 12/29/22
My sample of 1 Mesa has been without issues.

There’s a campfire member that’ll be along to tell you how terrible CA rifles are. His buddies cousin says so.

I’d like to try the FFT ridge line in LH 6.5 Prc.

Comes with 20” barrel.
Posted By: Hudge Re: Christensen Rifle ? - 12/29/22
I just got an email this morning from Christensen saying they now have 6.8 Westerns available. That got my attention until I saw 20” barrels. I understand shorter for suppressors, but I’m probably not shooting a suppressed 6.8.

That being said, I’ve met a few people at the range with different Christensen rifles and it’s probably 50/50 love them or hate them.
Posted By: Sasha_and_Abby Re: Christensen Rifle ? - 12/30/22
I've shot all their platforms. You need to break them in as per their instructions. Pretty accurate for a production gun. I bought a few of them this week and will sort out what I am going to keep.
Posted By: 2500HD Re: Christensen Rifle ? - 12/30/22
My 300 prc Ridgeline shoots 1/2 moa or better with factory 225 ELDm. Best was 7/8” group at 250 yards prone off bipod. And with a Leupold vx5 to boot.
Posted By: mad_okie Re: Christensen Rifle ? - 12/30/22
I have a 6.5PRC ELR that shoots factory Hornady 143 eldx really well. Never tried other ammo because there’s no point.
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: Christensen Rifle ? - 12/30/22
Accuracy issues with Christensen rifles? Maybe some have had problems but I have owned 6 CA rifles so far (three .300 Win Mags and three .308 Win) and every one was a sub-moa shooter with the right handloads and they all functioned perfectly.....Hb
Posted By: tzone Re: Christensen Rifle ? - 12/30/22
I have one and I like it plenty so far. It's a Mesa in .308 Win, 22" barrel. It feeds and functions fine. It's a great weight for carrying for a day. Not a lightweight but also not heavy.

I'd like a mesa FFT soon.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Christensen Rifle ? - 12/30/22
The Barrel Break-in Ruse,is fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............
Posted By: shortfinger Re: Christensen Rifle ? - 12/30/22
My Ridgeline FFT in 300WSM is accurate, it is a 1moa rifle with factory ammo. I have no complaints.
Posted By: Rolly Re: Christensen Rifle ? - 12/30/22
I rented one a few months ago for a hippo and buffalo hunt in Namibia. I got my game but the Christianson Arms 375 H&H didn’t feed fresh cartridges reliably. Problems with one rifle doesn’t prove much however.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Christensen Rifle ? - 12/30/22
I have a Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC; I've yet to have any issues with it. Continues to shoot great.
Posted By: Puddle Re: Christensen Rifle ? - 12/30/22
Mesa in 6.5CM. Been using it for shooting 2 cow elk each season for the last few years. Happy Camper.

Oh, yea - and that CA "break in" process? Nope.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Christensen Rifle ? - 12/30/22
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
I have a Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC; I've yet to have any issues with it. Continues to shoot great.

Original or the FFT?
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Christensen Rifle ? - 12/30/22
I have two Mesas. One in 6.5 PRC and one in 6.5 Creedchrist. The PRC had to make a trip back to the factory. Both work great now. I would like a 6mm Creed and a tightly twisted 22-250 in the Mesa FFT.
Posted By: EFHutton Re: Christensen Rifle ? - 12/30/22
I have a ridgeline in 6.5 creedmoor, I hand load for it, not one complaint here,
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: Christensen Rifle ? - 12/31/22
Thanks
Posted By: AKduck Re: Christensen Rifle ? - 12/31/22
I have several Mesas and one Ridgeline, no complaints. No issues with accuracy despite *gasp* ignoring the break in recommendation.
Posted By: boliep Re: Christensen Rifle ? - 01/03/23
I have shot several Christensen rifles with excellent results.

Would love to buy an FFT in 30-06. I think that would be perfect for me.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Christensen Rifle ? - 01/03/23
Christensen's arms lost me with my first purchase. Rifle shoots decent but functions horrible. I liked the rifle and bought it without doing a online search, ejection and accuracy issues are well known. The rifles should of been recalled and fixed, instead of sold to a customer and having them ship it back when they were dissatisfied. My advice is, locate a good gunsmith have him build you what you want, and be done with it.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: 257Bob Re: Christensen Rifle ? - 01/03/23
I've bought five CA rifles, 4 Ridgelines and one MPR, I liked (sold a few for to raise funds for custom project) them all and they were accurate. Ridgelines were 6.5 CM, 270 Win, 308 Win and 7mm RM, MPR was 6mm CM. Would not hesitate to buy another.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Christensen Rifle ? - 01/04/23
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Christensen's arms lost me with my first purchase. Rifle shoots decent but functions horrible. I liked the rifle and bought it without doing a online search, ejection and accuracy issues are well known. The rifles should of been recalled and fixed, instead of sold to a customer and having them ship it back when they were dissatisfied. My advice is, locate a good gunsmith have him build you what you want, and be done with it.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I think it be hard to come in that price range for a custom built similar rifle.

Parts plus paying something to put it all together.

Alamo Precision has built me 2 rifles.

Now their base model is $3k. For a steel barrel.
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: Christensen Rifle ? - 01/04/23
Originally Posted by boliep
I have shot several Christensen rifles with excellent results.

Would love to buy an FFT in 30-06. I think that would be perfect for me.
I agree, a Ridgeline FFT in 30-06 would be ideal for me....Hb
Posted By: Cigar Re: Christensen Rifle ? - 01/06/23
Welp, I love this place.. I have been having the Mesa in a 7 PRC talk to me and dropped in to see what you guys had to say…. Thank You.. Before summer I’ll have one……
© 24hourcampfire