Home
Got a great deal on this Savage American Classic in 270, already had a 270 so off to Jes it went to become a 35 Whelen. Meanwhile was able to talk Spence out of his Leica ER5 1.5-8x32, it may be the only one in existence as far as I can tell. About as dressed up as a Savage gets.

Forgive the filthy work (err pool) table lol

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Sharp looking rifle. JES did my 9.3x62 from a Winchester 670 in 06. He's the best bargain in the business.
Lets see how she'll group
Sharp Savage Whelen!
Originally Posted by duke61
Lets see how she'll group

Hope to get it out this weekend if weather allows.
Hellava setup there, love a good whelen.👊🏻
I never new Classic had fluted stainless barrels.
Very nice looking rifle
Great looking rifle chambered for a great cartridge. That scope sounds interesting. I would love to know more about the scope. Seems hard to find a scope of that size and power range.
when JES does a rebore does he mark the the new bored out caliber where the factory one was or what?

Big Ed
Very good looking rifle
Originally Posted by whitearrow
when JES does a rebore does he mark the the new bored out caliber where the factory one was or what?

Big Ed

He puts marks through the old caliber and then down the barrel towards the receiver he marks the new caliber, at least on the two of mine he’s done.
Originally Posted by ChrisAU
Originally Posted by whitearrow

Big Ed

He puts marks through the old caliber and then down the barrel towards the receiver he marks the new caliber, at least on the two of mine he’s done.
Yup. He can hide the marked out one for you.
I could live with that one. Very nice.
How does one get in touch with JES? I have a Whitworth Express in .30-06 that is just begging to be a 9.3x62!
Solid gun. I have aspirations of making a 35 Whelen over the next couple years.
Originally Posted by foureyes4
How does one get in touch with JES? I have a Whitworth Express in .30-06 that is just begging to be a 9.3x62!

http://www.35caliber.com/3.html
Thank you, HandgunHTR , For the contact info. I truely appreciate it.
foureyes4
Really nice rifle there. I should "pull the trigger", as it were, on a Whelen. I've had dies for about fifteen years.
Great combo!
© 24hourcampfire