Home
The Howa 6mm ARC barreled action is here. It's the heavy contour. Nested in one of Stocky's carbon fiber "blem" stocks ($299.00) it weighs 5 lb 6.4 oz. Nice little package. If I fluted the bolt and barrel, I could probably get it under 5 lbs which would be amazing for a 20" bbl with a muzzle dia. of .725" Also, FYI, I can't find a single flaw on the "blem" stock.
My second 2 stocks I couldn't find a blem, my first one was different story, disappointing in fact.
I just got a blem, looks like it got away from whoever was sanding the pad and got the side of the stock. Nothing a little body filler and paint won’t fix. 18.7 oz on my scale.
Does the Stockys CF stock come with a heavy barrel channel or does it require some opening up to work? Also, how front heavy does the rifle seem with that stock?
My last one was a HB version
Originally Posted by PA_Probe
Does the Stockys CF stock come with a heavy barrel channel or does it require some opening up to work? Also, how front heavy does the rifle seem with that stock?
The CF stock has a sporter barrel channel. I was told by a Stocky's rep that it could be opened up.
Mine looks sporter, won’t know for sure until my rifles get here though…
Originally Posted by Tarquin
The Howa 6mm ARC barreled action is here. It's the heavy contour. Nested in one of Stocky's carbon fiber "blem" stocks ($299.00) it weighs 5 lb 6.4 oz. Nice little package. If I fluted the bolt and barrel, I could probably get it under 5 lbs which would be amazing for a 20" bbl with a muzzle dia. of .725" Also, FYI, I can't find a single flaw on the "blem" stock.

.725 muzzle dia almost makes me with I'd held out for a HB version. More surface area for the suppressor to mate up against.
Mine is the VGM version, not the sporter version
Originally Posted by PA_Probe

Eyeballing it, I believe it needs to be opened up. It's touching the sides of the barrel and is not all the way down in the channel.
I had to verify since it hasn't arrived yet.

[Linked Image from texashuntingforum.com]

I wasn't aware the sporter version wasn't available in a heavy barrel version. Makes sense though, kinda defeats the purpose if you are going to put a HB action in the stock.
© 24hourcampfire