Home
A freind just won one of these in a local raffle. Anybody know anything about this rifle?
<br>
<br>Left side of barrel Nato-Imperial Voere Ausria 154709
<br>Left side of receiver Z-44911
<br>Right side Cal 30-06 Laufstahl 3
<br>
Posted By: batch Re: Nato-Imperial Voere Austria - 11/11/02
I don't know about that specific rifle but the laufsahl marking just means, I think, barrel steel. Voere rifle used to be, and may still be, made in Voerenbach, Austria, hence the name. I have a Voere in .223 and love it. While in Europe, I sold, through the rod and gun club, several dozen Voere rifles, some of which were marked as Kleingunther. Kleingunther marked rifles were normally sold out of Seguin, TX. All Voere rifles are marvelous rifles. They have a rapid lock time, smooth actions, and were meticulously assembled. The ones we sold were all among the most accurate rifles we sold. We sold all the usual American brands plus Sako, Blaser, etc.. I thought the Voere were better quality than the Sakos, heresy, I know. They came with the QC target and none were more than an inch. If the quality has remained, your friend won a really good rifle.
<br>batch
I should have mentioned that this rifle is by no means new. It was used when raffled. All the bluing is virtually perfect and althogh the Monte carlo stock looks nice, it has obviously been used a lot.
© 24hourcampfire