Home
Posted By: CBB15 Nosler Model 21 rifle - 05/30/23
Anyone have one of these? I know Nosler had some trouble with the PRC but should have the kinks worked out.

It looks like a nicely spec'd rifle if it is screwed together right.
https://www.nosler.com/model-21-rifles.html
Posted By: WhelenAway Re: Nosler Model 21 rifle - 05/30/23
Check with Burlyboy.

The ejection angle was too high, and he sold his 300WM at a big loss.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Nosler Model 21 rifle - 05/31/23
My experience with my Nosler rifle wasn't very good. I had to send it back. It took them 5 months to get it back to me. It's a shooter now, but I wouldn't buy another, particularly not at that price.
Posted By: robertham1 Re: Nosler Model 21 rifle - 05/31/23
Yes I bought one when buds was selling them for 1450 with free shipping. 6.5 creedmoor. Took it to the range with a althon 2-12.

Shot a handful of factory ammo and they were all around 3/4” at 100yds. Haven’t shot hand loads yet.

No ejection issues for me.

Some have strong feelings regarding the stock ergonomics, but I don’t have any complaints with it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]free image uploader
Posted By: Puddle Re: Nosler Model 21 rifle - 05/31/23
Latest edition of Rifle has a write up on the model 21.

Haven't read it, and don't plan to, but I'm just guessing the writer thinks it just great.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Nosler Model 21 rifle - 05/31/23
Originally Posted by Puddle
Latest edition of Rifle has a write up on the model 21.

Haven't read it, and don't plan to, but I'm just guessing the writer thinks it just great.

Come on now. You know gun rag writers are always overly critical in their gun tests and reviews.
Posted By: horse1 Re: Nosler Model 21 rifle - 05/31/23
I'd be interested in a 1:7 22-250 or 22Creed.
Posted By: Mtdogdreams Re: Nosler Model 21 rifle - 05/31/23
I bought one last year, my first nosler rifle, in 6.5 PRC. No issues, outstanding action, trigger and barrel, very impressed. Intial barrel break-in with hornady factory ammo yielded .75 MOA five shot groups. Hand loads with the upper end of H1000 in 140 AB and 142 ABLRs have produce same or better results since. Would recommend other than price point is a touch steep.
Posted By: Hamrick Re: Nosler Model 21 rifle - 05/31/23
My experience is about the same as Robert's. I have only tried one type of factory ammo and it was good enough for for these southern deer.
© 24hourcampfire