Home
Folks,
I picked up a beauty of a rifle this week. It's a Tradewinds Husky H-5000 30-06. The way I understand it, they were originally built on HVA (Husqvarna)actions. After the contract ended Tradewinds had Krico of Germany build them for a couple of years. The action is the M600 according to Frank De Haas' book.
The action is quite possibly the slickest I've ever operated. It looks similar to a Sako design.
I wondered if anybody has owned one and could tell me more about it.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
The Tradewinds imported Husqvarnas were built on the small ring HVA action. I don't know about the Krico superceeding the Husqvarnas when the contract ended, but SBHVA probably knows everything about it, since he is the resident Husqvarna expert.

I owned a Tradewinds H-5000 in 22-250. I liked it, but decided to move it down the road when somebody wanted it more than I did.

Jeff
Jeff,
Steve(SBHVA) enlightened me on the Tradewinds/Krico deal over at Gunboards. He even had some magazines for these rifles.

I was actually looking for a nice HVA when I happened on this rifle.
Interesting, here is my H-5000 in 7mm Rem Mag. built in '65 with the HVA action. Mine is an improved mauser 98 with a schnabel foreend. Looks a little different than your...
[Linked Image]
Jordan,
The rifle you have in your hands is what I was after, originally. Not in the 7MAG, but the HVA action with scnabble forend. Thanks for sharing the picture. That is a nice looking rig.
DB,

I have a rifle that is a little brother to yours other than the fact that mine is in .308 Win. I've always thought that it was a bit confusing on the Tradwinds H-5000. I also have a Husqvarna H-5000, in 7mm Rem Mag and one in .30-06 Sprg.

If you're interested, I also know where there is a N.I.B. H-5000 (Husqvarna) in 7mm Mag.

Grasshopper
Originally Posted by Grasshopper
DB,

I have a rifle that is a little brother to yours other than the fact that mine is in .308 Win. I've always thought that it was a bit confusing on the Tradwinds H-5000. I also have a Husqvarna H-5000, in 7mm Rem Mag and one in .30-06 Sprg.

If you're interested, I also know where there is a N.I.B. H-5000 (Husqvarna) in 7mm Mag.

Grasshopper

Oh oh tell me! tell me! Is it like mine or the krico style?
Originally Posted by Grasshopper
DB,

Grasshopper

If only I had the funds... cry
I have owned three of the tradewinds imported krico's. They are indeed a slick actioned jewel, in an attractive, lightweight package. No way would i try to correct Frank De Haas' , as i'm no expert, but i am thinking the short actions were the 600 series of rifles and yours (and mine in the classifieds) were built on the 700 series actions. Kinda like the remington 721 and 722 series of rifles designated as such for clarifing action lengths
I would suggest you purchase a couple of extra magazines now while you can.
© 24hourcampfire