Home
I previously had no interest in .
7-08 and 260 has caught my attention.
Looking at ballistics it is pretty much eeny meeny miney mo
I’m thinking 260 , seems to be a good middle between 308 and 243
Now to figure out which action I’ll rebarrel
Kenneth
I was looking for a similar tweener to rebarrel a 308. Gunsmith talked me into a 6.5 Creedmoor. Easier to find components or ammo and fills the same niche. Only downside is others think you just followed the herd. I don't care what others think. And maybe in this case the herd was right.
Go Crudmoor, be easier to sell if need be.
Posted By: CRS Re: Bored , looking at cartridges - 10/08/23
Agree the 7-08 is a great cartridge. As far as 6.5, I would go Creedmoor instead of 260.
If I were buying today I'd do the Creed but I wouldn't sell my 260 to get one. The 260 is probably my favorite of the 308 based cartridge's. At least the ones I've tried so far.
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
Kenneth

If you reload and the bullets that you want to shoot will work within the limits of your magazine, then a properly twisted 260 will duplicate the performance of the 6.5 CM.

I don't have any problem shooting good groups with 130 grain ABs and 140 grain Partitions in 1-9" ROT Remington 7s and 700s with factory specs 260 barrels. A 1-8" ROT 260 might handle heavier bullets better, but you'll probably run into COAL issues with any longer/heavier bullets that would actually need the faster ROT.

The 6.5 CM is the easier way to go, much easier for the guy who doesn't reload.
I have a .260, which with a 100 or 120 Barnes TTSX is very effective on deer and pigs. As others have said, today, I’d go with the 6.5 CM as it has gained enough critical mass to have ammo and brass on the shelves at most retailers.

Performance is close enough to the .260 to be essentially the same.

7-08 is nice, but you better handload for it to be a viable option in the long run. I sold mine and don’t miss it.

Having said that, a .308 with a 130 TTSX is what goes hunting with me most of the time.
7/08 all day
Always wanted a 260
Originally Posted by Blacktailer
I was looking for a similar tweener to rebarrel a 308. Gunsmith talked me into a 6.5 Creedmoor. Easier to find components or ammo and fills the same niche. Only downside is others think you just followed the herd. I don't care what others think. And maybe in this case the herd was right.

Guys I've shot competition with, started with the 260, thinking it's going to edge out the creedmoor in some way or another. The funny thing is some of those guys, after burning out their 260 barrels, rebarreled to Creedmoor. Just more benefits going that route. It's also not always about picking the cartridge that is 100 fps faster. So if someone is bored and wants something between the 243 and 308, that's the easy button.
277x308 improved, fast twist.

Different.
Excellent potential

No one will accuse you of folowing the trend.
Only the most looney will know you aren't on the cutting edge.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Bored , looking at cartridges - 10/08/23
Kenneth

Eeny meeny miney mo all depends on what you are catching by the toe!
I have a custom Mauser in 257 Roberts that I decided to put a new scope with a ballistic reticle. I haven’t shot it in a couple years, but after putting it on paper, I am renewed in my wanting to shoot something with the 257 again.

Before…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

This target was a simple effort of moving the crosshair down a couple times to put it exactly where I want it at 100 yards…

Thats some dam fine shooting their shrapnel.
I got a 257 heading my way as an inheritance
Pre 64 Winchester
I’ve shot the gun and it shot 3/4” with some handloads that were 40 50 yrs old , so evidently my uncle did a good job loading and preserving them

I had a 7-08 in a xp-100 , can’t remember barrel length and one in a Thompson Center rifle
They both shot good , the xp was a little more accurate
Just never felt good with the pistol grip being in the middle of the gun and trigger mechanism left something to be desired too.
Gave the dies and all my brass to a guy I worked with
Haven’t shot a 260 , but it picks my interest, yeah J know , spelling
My nephew has preached the creedmore to me for some time , just to dam hardheaded I reckon
Big bite is Ill have to go by dies and components for it , but I guess that’s all part of being a looney
Only action I got that I’d consider rebarreling is a Remington 700 LR , but it’s a long action .
I got a Savage t10 , but haven’t been long put a Shilen 26” heavy sporter on it in 308
Rambling thoughts
Kenneth
Baaa-aaa-aah!
Either. But the 260 is one of my favorites, In a Tikka SL and a CTR, there are no mag length issues, In the SL I use M+ mag and the CTR mags, both allow an oal of almost 3 inches. It will do everything a creedmore will do, just a small bit faster. If you don't reload then I wouldn't mess with a 260. to get the performance you really do need to, unless you purchase Black Hills 139 gr scenar ammo, or Berger 130 OTM. Both of which are very very good and available.
Handloads is about all I shoot occasionally buy some blu box , cause most of it shoots dam good
And I have it on hand in case I need to loan a firearm
Have found most of it shoots pretty dam close to POI of my handloads
When hunting season starts it’s hard to get me to slow up long enough to run a batch of handloads off
Kenneth
I did 6.5 C on a M700 that was a 243. buddy did a Heavy 260 on a savage. Not much diff .

I find it very easy to get an accurate load with the 6.5C . Seems to like any powder that I have.
If you'd like a short action 0.257" bore cartridge, the 25 Souper duplicates the performance of the 250AI and 257 Bob. IME the 25 Souper feeds better than the 250AI and the shorter case gives you more COAL latitude in a short action than the 257 Bob.
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Are those ticks on that deer Shrapnel?

Beautiful rifle!
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Are those ticks on that deer Shrapnel?

Beautiful rifle!

Nope, beggar’s lice…
If I were starting over, I would absolutely go with the 6.5 CM over the .260 or 7mm-08 simply due to brass & ammo availability (and I own four different rifles in .260 and 7mm-08).
Posted By: RinB Re: Bored , looking at cartridges - 10/09/23
So…HERE IS THE SAD AND BAD NEWS…no cartridge will bring happiness or contentment!
Sorry.
R
They like women , they all can make you smile when they shoot right
Kenneth
Originally Posted by RinB
So…HERE IS THE SAD AND BAD NEWS…no cartridge will bring happiness or contentment!
Sorry.
R

Now you tell me!

Where were you 30 years ago? 😄
They like women , they all can make you smile when they shoot right
Kenneth

Exactly.
Magazine length constraints with the 260 makes me go 6.5C..mb
Posted By: GeoW Re: Bored , looking at cartridges - 10/09/23
I stick with the 308 case based cartridges but I do have both 260 and 6.5 CM. Looney I know..
I was always anti creed. 260 rem was already there. After being on this site and seeing all the success people have with the creed and the availability of good ammo, it's a no brainer. Creedmoor
7mm-08
7mm-08 120 BT for everything below elk
140 accubonds for elk.
Originally Posted by CRS
Agree the 7-08 is a great cartridge. As far as 6.5, I would go Creedmoor instead of 260.

or a 8 Twist 260 or 260 AI if you're going to keep it.
I like my 7mm08. No plan to sell it. I likely have a lifetime supply of hunting ammo stocked up. But if
I was starting up or just interested in a new deer rifle I would go 6.5 CM. I shoot factory ammo. Wasnt
easy to buy the 7mm08 ammo I use the last time I wanted it buy it. But I had plenty and just kept an eye open for it and eventually was able to buy some.
I absolutely love the 7mm-08, but if I was starting over or had to rely on factory ammo, I'd have a Creed &/or .308.
Posted By: JPro Re: Bored , looking at cartridges - 10/10/23
Originally Posted by Teeder
I absolutely love the 7mm-08, but if I was starting over or had to rely on factory ammo, I'd have a Creed &/or .308.

Same here. While I like all three, I like the 7mm-08 the most, while acknowledging that the other two are more practical.
9.3x57mm Mauser
Originally Posted by Gaschekt
9.3x57mm Mauser

i have one.....
Husqvarna m46 in 9.3x57 with 275gr WFN GC under IMR4895.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

i've killed 4 or 5 deer with it (20 - 60 yards) and it knocks them off their feet. the rifle is #2 in my book. #1 goes to Winchester m94 in 35/30-30 with 200gr RCBS FN GC under a load of 2400/tuft of dacron. the m94 was my first gun, first buck and first doe. it was the 30-30, but after about 35 years, i sent it to JES Reboring and he did an awesome job making it the 35/30-30. since my eyes ain't what they used to be, i put on a Williams FP aperture sight.

Posted By: las Re: Bored , looking at cartridges - 10/10/23
I was looking for a 7-08 or 308 take-off barrel (never had either) to replace the ruined .244 on a 725 that came my way. Came up with a .260 stainless 700TI instead. Screwed right on, perfect headspace. Stamping is on the bottom tho....Shoots factory 140's MOA - but so far, likes nothing else, not that I've tried hard. And no regrets at all! Maybe one day I'.. put it on the lathe and get that stamping upright. Probably not.

I've taken a number of caribou to well over 300 with it, an elk at @150, a wolf at 30 or so, hope to use it on moose. What's not to like, except factory ammo is sometimes hard to find, but I have reloading capability, which I need to explore more as I haven't done jack-all.

6.5 Creed factory ammo is seemingly everywhere. That and the .260 in a better twist than mine are virtually identical, for all practical purposes, as are the the 7-08 with 140, and the 308 with 150.

They all work very well, if hunting purpose is your huckleberry.
I used the .270 Win. some and mostly the 30-06 for more years than I care to count. Withstood the .308 Win. from its inception to mid 1973. My heavy old 30-06 was getting too much for this very heavy chain smoker and the higher altitudes so when a Remington 660 was on sale at the local hardware store for a reasonable price I snapped it up and have used it or other .308s for my deer hunting.FWIW, I quite smoking altogether in 1975 and don't miss it at all. I still use the .308 and 30-06, albeit a lighter rifle in the 06 now and was playing with the 7x57 off and on. I remember when thee 7-08 came out and as it was basically no different that a 7x57 I passed on the 7-08. For all practical purposes I can load the 7x57 using 7-08 data and the differences between the two are a non-problem.
The only 6.5 I ever messed with was a 6.5x54 Mannlicher carbine which worked OK if I got close enough. It scattered 140 gr. bullets all over hell and creation and best it would do with 160 gr. Norma ammo was 2.5". Still i lied hunting with the rifle. It was stolen in 1975 from my truck in Elko Nevada and after years trying to find a replacement, I replaced it with a Ruger RSI in .308 Win. That one has caused the demise of quite a few Mule Deer and the rifle is a favorite.
I never got into the short cartridges other than the .243 more by accident than anything else and of course the .308. I have no desire to mess with the .260 Rem. or the 6.5 Creedmore.
I like the way Elmer Keith once said, "I prefer to let every man scratch his own fleas in whatever manner he chooses. In other words, whatever floats your canoe.
PJ
Looks nearly identical to my Husky M46A, except mine is in original condition without the scope mounting setup. The standard issue iron sights are perfectly regulated for the 286gr PRVI at just over 2000fps. 2023fps to be exact, but it's hard to get exact speed every shot. This prints a group 2" high at 100 yds and dead on for windage. Got this all figured out earlier this year. Fortunately this one is legal for Iowa shotgun deer seasons. We'll see how this beauty does. I'm looking forward to it
Originally Posted by tdoyka
Originally Posted by Gaschekt
9.3x57mm Mauser

i have one.....
Husqvarna m46 in 9.3x57 with 275gr WFN GC under IMR4895.

i've killed 4 or 5 deer with it (20 - 60 yards) and it knocks them off their feet. the rifle is #2 in my book. #1 goes to Winchester m94 in 35/30-30 with 200gr RCBS FN GC under a load of 2400/tuft of dacron. the m94 was my first gun, first buck and first doe. it was the 30-30, but after about 35 years, i sent it to JES Reboring and he did an awesome job making it the 35/30-30. since my eyes ain't what they used to be, i put on a Williams FP aperture sight.

I have the same Husqvarna except mine is unmucked with. Good cartridge, flattens whatever it hits and I shoot cast in mine. I also have a Haenel/Rasch 1890 Sporter in 9 X 57 and it's every bit as good. I'd hate to have to live on the difference between the 9 and 9.3.

My two 6.5's are a Husqvarna in 6.5 Swede and a 1903 Mannlicher/Schoenauer in 6.5 X 54. I think enough of the Swede I even put a 3X Leupold on it.
308 or 280.
Good God this is so pathetic

guy wants to build a 260 and gets gang raped with the Creed shoved into every orifice

disgusting !

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Huh?

I've owned several rifles in .260 Rem, and still have one in a Model 7...but if I were starting over right now, there is no question I would go with a 6.5 CM. Brass availability and the ability to buy factory ammo damn near anywhere make it such a better option, not to mention OAL limits in short action rifles. Does that mean I will be dumping my .260 stuff? Nope, I'm pretty well invested in brass and ammo. But someone just starting with the round would be better served with the CM, especially considering components are still somewhat hard to find.

That being said, ammo and brass is still out there if you look, just not to near the same level as the CM (and this is coming from someone who has exactly zero rifles in CM).
Originally Posted by Jason280

Huh?

I've owned several rifles in .260 Rem, and still have one in a Model 7...but if I were starting over right now, there is no question I would go with a 6.5 CM. Brass availability and the ability to buy factory ammo damn near anywhere make it such a better option, not to mention OAL limits in short action rifles. Does that mean I will be dumping my .260 stuff? Nope, I'm pretty well invested in brass and ammo. But someone just starting with the round would be better served with the CM, especially considering components are still somewhat hard to find.

That being said, ammo and brass is still out there if you look, just not to near the same level as the CM (and this is coming from someone who has exactly zero rifles in CM).

You are not getting Swamp's point...the man asked about the .260.
6mm creed is the answer
Bullets matter wayyyyyy more than headstamps,despite Droolers and their Retardathons. Hint.

The 264 Kreed is simply vastly mechanically superior to the 260 and/or 260AI(I shoot all of them). There's never been a 264 Kreed made with a Retard twist rate either. Conjoin same and you simply dupe 260 case capacity in a vessel,which allows much greater COAL and the ability to launch the best projectiles of the relative bore sizing. That nets a .697 BC at 2700fps. Win/win/win. Hint..................
Sorry, but the 24's and 26's aren't legal for Iowa shotgun seasons 1 and 2. 35 cal and larger rifles are legal. Last year the Whelen hammered my buck. Hopefully this year will be the year of the Husqvarna in 9.3x57mm Mauser.
i am just a lover of some of the older cartridges but never bored like the 257 Roberts cartridge , i have a Remington 30 Express that i put a 24 inch - 8 twist -Brux barrel on shoots very good ,gave my daughter a F.N. Mauser Brux barrel 8 Twist barrel too, i feel the 8 twist is better in most rifles with the bullets now available . but i also have some older 257 Roberts rifles also that we use in the family for deer season, its just nice to all have the same cartridge to hunt with much less confusion . i have seen the days when 1 had a 270 ,one had a 308 , another had a 243 man what a pain in the arse so i decided to not have them use those cartridges any more so much simpler now all use a 257 Roberts as long as i am alive . no we don`t get bored there is always some new type of bullets to either load or reload . Bored ? nope i have a 100 yard rifle range 200 feet from the house with a heated shooting house to use all year around , just got my 2023 yearly DNR gun range permit again , good luck and be safe for deer season ,Pete53
Any .264 is fine for a selective type of use on game up to possibly elk. Their true versatility doesn’t even begin to match what the 308 WCF provides. One twist rate at 1-10 will accurately place 110 gr loads up to 208 gr loads. That’s about 100 grains of increase with no worries on bullet stabilization. From the smallest game to all large African plains game, including Eland, the 308 WCF is a proven killer with little fuss because it is both accurate and easy to shoot offering tremendous versatility and power all in a small package. A true one gun chamber for most anything that walks. Can’t really say that about any other 51mm SA cartridge, as none have the multiple bullet weight and loading potential of the 308 WCF.
I simply shoot what I want,when I want and could give less than zero fhuqks about a Retard State "law". Hint.

I'd be impressed,if someone on The Planet,has shot out more .257" barrels than I. That ship has sailed,never to return,because it's setting idle on the sidelines,as adjacent bore sizes slap it silly. Bullets matter wayyyyyyyy more than everything else and the .257's pale there. Understatement. Hint.

Folks who state "weight" are fhuqking CLUELESS,as mass as a whole makes minimal fhuqks. Projectile design/form are that which matters MOST and the 308 is a Goat Fhuqk. The .308" Hornie 208 ELD-M has a .690 BC,which is shy of a .264" 147 ELD-M's .697,which is going MUCH faster,start to finish. A 21" 7-08 will simply scoot a .796 BC at 2600fps and that is a 308 Win Pipe DREAM. Hint.

Keep guessing aloud Ladies,because it is funnier than fhuqk. Hint...........................
Sure it is Stick, just a goat fugg. Laughable crap.
Dude I used to be in that go fast, slow twist, flat based crowd too. I've changed my tune a tad when I started messing with 6.5 stuff and a 143 eldx and a 115 in a 243 win. I that 143 out of a 6.5x284 is 7 mag like. I imagine it would shine in a 260 and or a 6/6.5 creed as well. Seat them out and fill it up!
I shoot more 308,than guys who LOVE the fhuqking 308. It is what it is and one simply needs to neck the suck out of it,to get any traction. Hint.

Cite "your" 308 and dangle pictures of same,with 208's,as you Pretend aloud with your crossed-eyes and drooling maw. You CLUELESS Crying Kchunts are a HOOT! Hint.

I just "happen" to shoot 7-08AI with 180's too. Hint.

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,as you Floundering Fhuqks extoll your GoogleFu. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.......................
BS, why don’t you show all your kills on game animals at 600 yards and beyond with your pronounced 7mm BC advantage, wait make it 500 yards, how about 400 yards. Please no ballistic programs, paper is off the
menu. BS loves him some BC. Everyone needs to shoot a .700+ G1 to enter the game fields, nothing else will do and bullet diameter and weight are absolutely meaningless under any hunting conditions. Again, laughable crap when it actually comes to most game hunting applications. Some very good long range hunters who comment here kill big game animals out at 700 and 800 yards and are surely capable of taking advantage of calibers and all that physics has to offer, you ain’t one of them. Stop your pretend and imagination when it comes to you downing game animals at 1,800 ft - 2,400 ft away from the tip of your muzzle. You’re always amusing, keep up your pretend and imagining when it comes to killing big game animals at long range.
Please don't turn this thread into another [bleep]-slinging mess.
I'll feign my GREAT "surprise!" that you were talking out your ass,in regards to wares you've never even fhuqking seen,let alone shot. Now you can say you've "seen" a 208,which makes this a Very BIG Day,for someone like you. Hint.

Your Brokedicktitude,Drooling Dumbfhuqktitude,Crossed-eyes and Handicaps are not the bane of all,though your Estrogen Fueled Vagina Monologue Hurt Feelers Report,is never not funnier than fhuqk. Hint.

Do not "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery,as you put trembling fingers to keyboard,you Amazingly STUPID Clueless Fhuqk. Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................
Where are the big game animals? Still pretending with paper, ballistic programs and reloading components (smoke and mirror tactics). What about the big game animals way, way out there that you’ve killed with the 7mm.
You Sniveling Brokedick Professional Victims are a fhuqking HOOT...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Keep extolling your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities,as you Whine aloud and droll incessantly. Hint.

If only in "fairness",I don't shoot 208's in any spouts longer than 30". Hint.

Pardon a single outing,CRUSHING your "Life's" "experience". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!......................
More smoke and mirror goods, just forget about it, it’s okay.
Well this thread went off the rails
I dunno about the “up to elk” comment.

Lotsa sourdoughs in Alaska and Swedes are slaying moose with the 6.5 x 55 and have been for years and years.

Maybe the moose don’t read as well as the elk and so don’t know 6.5 bullets bounce off?
Originally Posted by hikerbum

Don't be too hard on her,Imagination and Pretend is all she's "got"...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

147's in Kreed',have been happily hammering Mooseses,since inception. Hint............................
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by hikerbum

Don't be too hard on her,Imagination and Pretend is all she's "got"...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

147's in Kreed',have been happily hammering Mooseses,since inception. Hint............................

ya they have, but the distance they are shot at negates the fkn super duper bc of that 147 and a round nose 30-30 slug from a Contender kills the same
Too late! Let the dick swinging begin!
Too late! Let the dick swinging begin!

thread was Creedfkd right off the bat

"Gunsmith talked me into a 6.5 Creedmoor. Easier to find components or ammo and fills the same niche"

"Go Crudmoor, be easier to sell if need be"

"As far as 6.5, I would go Creedmoor instead of 260."

"If I were buying today I'd do the Creed"

"The 6.5 CM is the easier way to go"
Facts are rather unsettling,to Window Licking CLUELESS Fhuqks. Hint.

The 264 Kreed' simply brings MUCH to the table,with zero concession(s). Rather superb OEM Rifles abound,though I shoot a few Customs too and 147's all. Hint.

Pardon wares that exist,while you gals Pretend aloud. Hint.....................
I see nothing has changed at the toilet.
Certainly hasn't,you Melting Snowflakes float like schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

147's of course. Kiss,find pressure and rock on. Pardon wares that actually exist. Hint.

You Crying CLUELESS Kchunts are a HOOT! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................
We have an ignore function for a reason. You'd think that stick would catch on that good conversations happen around his posts like he's not there. Others here have told me that you just need to put him on ignore and move on.
Guesskchunt,

Few things are fhuqking funnier,than the threat of Imaginary Pretend Ignore,by a Window Licking CLUELESS Fhuqk...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations.

Pardon the reality of simplistic FACTS,upsetting you so. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!........................
Originally Posted by Rossimp
BS, why don’t you show all your kills on game animals at 600 yards and beyond with your pronounced 7mm BC advantage, wait make it 500 yards, how about 400 yards. Please no ballistic programs, paper is off the
menu. BS loves him some BC. Everyone needs to shoot a .700+ G1 to enter the game fields, nothing else will do and bullet diameter and weight are absolutely meaningless under any hunting conditions. Again, laughable crap when it actually comes to most game hunting applications. Some very good long range hunters who comment here kill big game animals out at 700 and 800 yards and are surely capable of taking advantage of calibers and all that physics has to offer, you ain’t one of them. Stop your pretend and imagination when it comes to you downing game animals at 1,800 ft - 2,400 ft away from the tip of your muzzle. You’re always amusing, keep up your pretend and imagining when it comes to killing big game animals at long range.

I could definitely envision Little Twig waddling out of his truck to take a pot shot from a forestry road at a deer across the canyon with his “Speedmire”. Can’t see him actually making his way to the animal though.

Case in point! Stick, show us a picture of an animal that you haven’t gotten into the bed of your truck in one piece! Lol

He fantasizes and pontificates about ballistics that will never make a difference for 99% of game hunters. You gotta hand it to Little Twig! He’s got a strong imagination!
I never would have guessed that we would be talking about poor ammo or component availability for the 7/08. It’s amazing how the gun manufacturers have seemed to time shortages with developments of new rounds.

Just like that they got so many people to buy new rifles just because the only ammo they could find for periods of times were rifles in new cartridges. As stated so many times here on the fire, most rounds do more of the same.

Lately, I’ve been enjoying my 358 Win, the total opposite of Little Twig approved. I don’t even know what my cast bullet BC is, but it’s heavy and it thumps. It’s kills as well as anything.
What were the "odds" of a CLUELESS Texan,also being a Whining Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Also VERY "surprising" that the Crying Kchunt "lives" vicariously and is glued to my EVERY word and Splendid Pixel. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............
6.5x55 SE would be a good choice.
The only 6.5 I've handloaded ammunition for is the 6.5x54 mm Mannlicher Schoenaur. The 1903 Mannlicher rifle is a sweetheart to handle. The 6.5x55 swede could be fun as well in the correct rifle. Otherwise, I haven't found much that interests me with these smaller bores. I don't own any rifles in the. 24 to .277 range. Figured that's a job for the 280 Remington.

I'm partial to the 35 Remington in a pump 760 for a Wisconsin woods deer gun. Can't think of a better setup. The 35 cal offers stunning BC's as well.
Guesskchunt,

PLEASE keep The Hurt Feeler Reports coming,as you bask in the Sweet "Satisfactions" that are your's,knowing that no matter what is schlepped,that you will always be a Floundering CLUELESS Fhuqk...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for trying.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................
BS why don’t you show Gaschekt all the game animals you’ve shot down way out there with your mousetraps. Show him some expanded projectiles you’ve dug out of animals at 700 yards out, if not 700 yards how 500 yards, try 300 yards. Laughing at your pretending to actually kill big game animals and your need to imagine yourself as a big game hunter. I see you’ve thrown a great deal more smoke and mirror tactics at everyone. What is your go to 600 yard projectile on big game, show us the bullet under expansion after a 600 yard impact of a .700+ BC that you’ve dug out of a big game animal. It’s okay we know you don’t have anything to show. Your use of high BC projectiles are for paper only, you should stop acting as if you know anything about field performance on game at long range. Like I said there are others on here who actually put them to use in the field, stop pretending to be one of them. Keep buying more smoke and mirror mousetraps and keep imagining and pretending you’re a big game hunter. Please don’t get your feelers hurt, you can always keep imagining and pretending and maybe that will sooth your hurt feelers.
It's ok Ross. I'm not interested in anything B.S. has to say. It's all BS anyway. I've never, and will never, claim to be a long range hunter. I'm actually most thankful for the close range shots. I have killed a buck around 250 yds across an alfalfa field up in Central Wisconsin. Otherwise I'm sure most of my other shots on deer were inside 100 yds.

I enjoy what I use, and don't see any need to disagree with what other people use. It's their business.
Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery ladies and I rather enjoy your Professional Victim Hurt Feeler Reports...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'm VERY "Surprised!" that Guesskchunt is a CLUELESS Fhuqk and also just "happens" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit to boot,as she "forgot" about her heralded Imaginary Pretend Ignore. You Whining Brokedick Fhuqks are HILARIOUS! Hint.

As an aside,the "lowly" 147 at 2730fps ala Kreed',retains 2000fps+ impact velocity at a paltry 600yds and drifts but 18.8" in a 10mph FV scenario. It is supersonic well past the 1500yd line. Google as you MUST and please continue to Pretend aloud,as you "flaunt" your delusional Imagination,regarding wares wellllllllll beyond your "means","abilities" and "comprehension". Hint.

They look like this,so now you Crying CLUELESS Kchunts can say you've "seen" one,which makes this a very BIG Day for you and The Paper Hat Brigade. Hint.

BS loves him some paper.
Glad you told me. Otherwise, I can't see it..

🤣🤣🤣🤣🥸🥸
Originally Posted by Swamplord

guy wants to build a 260 and gets gang raped with the Creed shoved into every orifice

disgusting !

I’m an old ho , don’t bother me none , I’ll look over my shoulder and say “I can’t believe I’m letting you do this , I’ve never done this before”
This was actually said to me one night in a drunken romp . I laughed so hard I almost fell off the bed
And the capper was “dam I didn’t think it was that funny”
My response “from back here it was”
😀
Kenneth
I'm VERY "Surprised!" yet again,that the Lying,Crying,Whining CLUELESS Fhuqk replies,are getting lesser and further away from any/all things The Rifle...the "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

It is funnier than fhuqk,that you Whining Brokedick CLUELESS Kchunts,can't muster a single sound rifle in unison. Pardon exceptional wares that exist,as you "live" vicariously. Jame's Spouted Kreed' 147's here and 21" is more than plenty. Hint.

Fortunately for you Brokedick Whining Kchunts,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you gals can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................
Yeah , you right , Laughing
Kenneth
I'm the only not guessing here. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.....................
I don’t guess either , rifle either preforms or goes down the road .
Sometimes I’ll monkey with them if it seems a simple fix
Have good one sunshine
Kenneth
You were/are the Dumb Fhuqker asking the Retard questions,mandating you to start a Thread on Kindergarten Ballistics 101. Hint.

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,as you gals guess wildly and Pretend aloud,with your GoogleFu. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................
Stick likes Stick. Stick likes to toot Sticks horn when he can. If Stick had killed animals recently, Stick would have and post the piss out of those pics. There's a reason Stick doesn't.

disgusting !

Ceedchrist, Creedlord, Creedjesus. Until you worship at their altar, you are engaged in blasphemy.
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I'm the only not guessing here. Hint.

A great example of someone who has mastered the English language.
What does killing animals have to do with ballistics?

Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Stick likes Stick. Stick likes to toot Sticks horn when he can. If Stick had killed animals recently, Stick would have and post the piss out of those pics. There's a reason Stick doesn't.
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Always wanted a 260

who needs the 6.5 Needmore ?

Just order/buy a Sako/Tikka 6.5x55 (or 260)

Swede is a classic

https://www.eurooptic.com/JRTXA751-Tikka-Tikka-T3x-Hunter-6-5x55-SE-S-S-FB-224--barrel.aspx
PaulaBurnedHard,

You must have "forgot" about your Imaginary Pretend Ignore,as you "live" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

What happened to your Avatar and why? HINT.

Been a whole coupla weeks since I've gotten a new 7-08. Hint.

Though in fairness,a 8" RPM Outlier 7-08 spout hit the porch today. I expect to receive a 7-08 CA Mesa 7-08 weekend after next and Eric says my AI/AT 6 Dasher 7.5" RPM spout should ship middle of next week. 6x MQ arrived,as did another Illuminatti,the 1-6x HD LitBitch will beat me home,as will the Montucky 243 and the HILARIOUS Reupold 30mm 3.5-10x 50mm LitBitch,which I'll flog upon my Beeg Vudoo. Google as you MUST. Hint.

Looking forward to more Hercules pics this year,as he just turned (1). Hint.

Be SURE to start a Thread,if your kchunt ever leaves the couch this year. Hint.

slurs,

Pardon my laughing so hard and not being "blessed" with lady fingers like you. Hint.

Be sure to cite any/all words that are "too big" or "too Technical" for you to follow. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

'kchunt,

Hart 8" RPM 260AI here. Your Pipe Dream was nearly in stock. Pardon wares that exist. Hint.

Bless your heart for fhuqking trying.

Hint.

Karma won't ignore the turd.

Timber............HINT

Lol. Larfin
Stick you have yourself a good day , give me a holler when you can put a coherent sentence together
Tired of trying to figure out what your trying to mumble out
Kenneth
Speaking of CLUELESS Lying Pieces Of Fhuqking Schit and Imaginary Pretend Ignore...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Don't forget how Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Cite any/all words,that are "too big" or "too Technical" for you to "understand" and I'll happily use lesser versions,for you Drooling Dumbfhuqks. Perhaps you gals can duel for who thinks about me the most and for the longest duration(s)?!? Hint. LAUGHING!

Wouldn't want to forget about the 6PPC that arrived last pass. Now you Crying CLUELESS Kchunts can say you've "seen" one,which makes this a very BIG Day for you and your ilk. Hint.

Not that you Do NOTHING Kchunts could sort it,from the 6 ARC that arrived at the same time. JO V2 BDL a given. Google as you MUST. Hint.

Let alone 224 Grendel,243 Grendel,amongst others. Hint.

Fortunately for you Brokedick Melting Snowflakes,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Dumb ass keeps driving his own coffin nails. Lol.

Liar Larry, the smallest "greatest" lol.

Larp

Is he more pissed about people saying they ignore him, or the evidence that most in fact are ignoring him? I wouldn't know, he's on IGNORE.

They should change it to "Brokestick" and then he would have one thing to take credit for.

****you are ignoring this Brokestick liar****
KenBitchAgain,

Ain't it a right proper dichotomy,that the CLOSEST you'll ever get to The Outdoors,is greedily reading my EVERY word and gawking The Splendid Pixels...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon the 4yr old GrandBaby doing more,than you have/will in your "Life". Last pass,was yet another Cast & Blast. Hint.

Rude of me,not to mention the GPOTAC45 Spotter that arrived last pass. I rather like the reticle and FFP of course rules. Reupold has had my MK4 TMR FFP Spotter for nearly 2wks and nary a peep,though it's on the 3rd Repair Trip. Hint.

First Reupold MK4 Puke. Hint.

Third Reupold MK4 PUKE. Hint.

Keep "living" vicariously,despite it being your only "move". Simply pardon The Splendors,of wares that exist. Hint.

I rather enjoy your Hurt Feelers Reports and that High Pitched Nasal Whine. Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for Lying,Crying,Whining and Trying.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............
Dam it stick , you went and hurt my itty bitty feelings
Now I got a tear running down my little fat cheek
Oh my , what to do ?
😀🤪😎👀
Kenneth
Kenneth

I have a short 700 in .243 I'm messing with. Shoots good but I'm thinking about what to do with it down the road 'cause the way things go, I'll shoot the throat out of it. Your questions are relevant for me. I have a good .308. I sorta wish it was a 7mm-08 but it isn't, and it's not getting rebarreled, so adding a 7mm-08 doesn't help me much.

So .. smaller.

Fairly obvious would be .22, 6mm, or 6.5 mm Creedmoor. The plus to the Creedmoor case is lots of good brass readily available and it comes in both large and small primer .. large match primers are sorta hard to find still so going with small primer brass might have some benefits. I have shot both large and small primer brass in the 6.5 Creedmoor and it didn't show any noticeable difference in loads or accuracy.

I'm a .25 caliber fan and don't currently have one. A .257 Roberts on a short action with a Wyatt's box works pretty well. I sorta think a .25 based on the Creedmoor case should do as well without needing the long box. That's currently the direction I'm thinking. Not committed, but thinking. If I do, it's going to have a standard 1-10" twist and a short throat for 100 grain ballistic tips seated with the edge of the boat tail at the bottom of the neck. I'm not interested in a VLD flinger. I'd stick with 6mm or 6.5 if that were what I was after.

However, sticking with .243 or going with a 6mm Rem AI or 6x.284, or a big .22 .. probably Creedmoor, maybe .22-250AI .. is not off the table.
OEM 243's will Smooch/house the Hornie 105 HPBT and that's not a bad pitch. Hint.

I of course shoot 224,243 and 264 Kreedmires,if only obviously(at least 5 rifles in each). SRP's aren't for me,in cases of said capacity. BTDT. Hint.

Hell...I very often gun a goodly smattering,in a single outing. .243" bores here. I of course suffer 6mm Rem and 6mm Rem AI,both of which are Goat Fhuqks. Not that any of you Dumbfhuqks,could pick same from the crowd. Hint.

The Bob and Better Bob are both Goat Fhuqks,whether short action or long action and can't even begin to keep pace with an itty-bitty 6ARC. Hint.

In fairness however,I've quite a few 22-250AI's and Speedmire is CERTAINLY where it's at. LEGENDARY 22-250AI 1-7.7" Krieger frame here. Hint.

Pardon wares that exist ladies and the simplistic fact(s),that I shoot it all and then some. Hint.

Originally Posted by T_O_M
Kenneth

I have a short 700 in .243 I'm messing with. Shoots good but I'm thinking about what to do with it down the road 'cause the way things go, I'll shoot the throat out of it. Your questions are relevant for me. I have a good .308. I sorta wish it was a 7mm-08 but it isn't, and it's not getting rebarreled, so adding a 7mm-08 doesn't help me much.

So .. smaller.

Fairly obvious would be .22, 6mm, or 6.5 mm Creedmoor. The plus to the Creedmoor case is lots of good brass readily available and it comes in both large and small primer .. large match primers are sorta hard to find still so going with small primer brass might have some benefits. I have shot both large and small primer brass in the 6.5 Creedmoor and it didn't show any noticeable difference in loads or accuracy.

I'm a .25 caliber fan and don't currently have one. A .257 Roberts on a short action with a Wyatt's box works pretty well. I sorta think a .25 based on the Creedmoor case should do as well without needing the long box. That's currently the direction I'm thinking. Not committed, but thinking. If I do, it's going to have a standard 1-10" twist and a short throat for 100 grain ballistic tips seated with the edge of the boat tail at the bottom of the neck. I'm not interested in a VLD flinger. I'd stick with 6mm or 6.5 if that were what I was after.

However, sticking with .243 or going with a 6mm Rem AI or 6x.284, or a big .22 .. probably Creedmoor, maybe .22-250AI .. is not off the table.

I think I’m going to end up going 260 .
Maybe because I never had one ,
Just something pulling my towards it
Not sure if I’m going with a savage or Remington action
Have had good luck with both
Kenneth
The 260 is a series of heavy concessions,compared to the 264 Kreed. Hint.

Salvage has less than zero redeeming "qualities". Hint......................
Yeah , everybody keeps saying go creed go creed , guess I’m just a hard headed old faucker
If 224 was legal to deer hunt with I would likely go with with a fast twist 22-250 or Valkrie
Haven’t really looked into the Valkrie but my nephew sure does like his
He’s a creed guy too
Kenneth
The Kreed simply dupes 260 case capacity,with a shorter case,which enables better bullets at like COAL. Hint.

The Valcry is a Goat Fhuqk. 22PPC AFI is where it's at. Hint.

I simply shoot it all and then some. Hint.................
Stick,

22 AFI = 22/6mm ARC or?
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

disgusting !

Ceedchrist, Creedlord, Creedjesus. Until you worship at their altar, you are engaged in blasphemy.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.......
Posted By: 44mc Re: Bored , looking at cartridges - 10/13/23
his sister must be in rehab still, midget has to play big boy on the puter to feel like macho man
Liar Larry pimping a cartridge totally not mentioned by the OP. LOL. Figures.

Get a 260. Screw the Queefmire in any form or caliber.
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Stick,

22 AFI = 22/6mm ARC or?

The 22 PPC AFI,is a wee bit more capacity than the ARC. It too is a simplistic one-pass sizing operation,whether for Turnbolt or Krunchenticker(I've multiples of each). Hint.

One can source brass from Virgin 7.62x39. Hint.

Left to right: 22PPC AFI,6 PPC,6 ARC,243 PPC AFI,264 Grendel

You need to go .620 BC 112's in 6mm,to get a leg up on .224" 88's or 90 Beer Cans. Hint.

Now as .473" .224's go. Left to right: 22-250,Speedmire,22-250AI. I've multiple rifles in each,in both 7" and 8" RPM. Speedmire is where it's at. Hint.

Pretty nice here today. Saltwater not even that frozen. Hint.

I shoot a smidge of 260,to Window Lickers Chagrin. hint.

© 24hourcampfire