Home
Posted By: SamOlson Bergara Wilderness Ridge 18"? - 11/12/23
I see a few threads on Bergara's and got to wondering what the general consensus is regarding these rifles and this particular model?

They get decent enough reviews that I might order one in 6.5 Creedmoor for a suppressed coyote/deer rifle.

https://www.bergara.online/us/rifles/b14wilderness/wilderness-ridge-rifle/

Yes, no, maybe?

Thanks.
I have a .308 and 6.5 Creed in the 18" Bergara Ridge SP. Both are very good shooters and I like their shorter overall length and fast handling.

HeavyBarrel
That sounds good!

The price on these things isn't that bad, I see they are on gunbroker for around $800-900.
PM sent
10-4
In an 18” version, I’d do all in
Trying to build up the courage to ask my wife if it's okay to buy another gun.......lol
I’ve got a the Wilderness Ridge SP in 308 and 6.5 Creedmoor. Both shot well under an inch with my hand loads. Great rifles especially when adding a suppressor which is why I bought them.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

photo uploaded
Looks good, thanks!

I ordered one yesterday evening in 6.5 Creedmoor. I'll let you guys know how it works out.
Make sure you loc-tite the trigger pull adjustment screw as both of mine backed out. They still work without it but I figure its there for a reason.

HeavyBarrel
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I ordered one yesterday evening in 6.5 Creedmoor. I'll let you guys know how it works out.

With the gun or the wife?

Nice looking guns
HB, thanks for the heads up.

Calvin, lucky for me the woman does not give a damn!

Side note, I started the suppressor process last January and called the store today. He said it hasn't been completed and that it's taking up to 11 months for some people.
That rifle looks pretty sweet, Sam.

Details on what you think after you send some rounds down range, please.

🦫
I replaced both of mine with Triggertech’s.
Side note, I started the suppressor process last January and called the store today. He said it hasn't been completed and that it's taking up to 11 months for some people.

Guess I got lucky. I bought my first one back in February and got it in August and my second one I bought in July and got it back in October.
Originally Posted by 01Foreman400

Guess I got lucky. I bought my first one back in February and got it in August and my second one I bought in July and got it back in October.

Word is White Claw drinkers need a longer probe than whiskey drinkers.

😝🦫

I had to wait from Nov 22 to October 23 . That was e file. I think all the SBR free stamp free clogged it up,
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Word is White Claw drinkers need a longer probe than whiskey drinkers.

😝🦫

You bastard!
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

I had to wait from Nov 22 to October 23 . That was e file. I think all the SBR free stamp free clogged it up,

Lemme guess, a fellow Claw man?

lol
No
Sam, I wish I had seen this sooner. Family Firearms has them for $719. No tax. No CC fees and $20 shipping.

You probably don't drink Claws.

Ammo, bases/rings etc should be here by the weekend. Rifle? Suppressor? Nope.

Cocky yotes floating around, gonna have to break out the old standby 223.
Originally Posted by HeavyBarrel
Make sure you loc-tite the trigger pull adjustment screw as both of mine backed out. They still work without it but I figure its there for a reason.

HeavyBarrel

I picked up the rifle today.

The action screws were finger tight as well as the screw right in front of the trigger. The owner's manual does not indicate what this screw is for and states that the trigger pull screw is up higher on the body of the trigger housing(only visible with the action removed). However there is no screw there in the indicated spot on the diagram......lol

So I did a quick google and found this information. Obviously I am not a trigger expert or I would know what the hell I'm looking at in regards to screw location.

https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/adjusting-bergara-b14-trigger-question.300742/
Is yours the FSP model with the fluted barrel. I have a bid in on a FSP in 300 win but the 300 win model has a 22" barrel. I'm wondering how deep the flutes are? I don't really need another hunting rifle but a 22" 300 win with flutes and threads for under $700 seems worth a try.

Bb
No, this one does not have a fluted barrel.

I posted a link in the original thread, it's a threaded 18" #5 barrel.
Nice rifle Sam0!

Side note, why do manufacturers make website so hard to navigate to the lefty models??

Savage has a link to all lefty models…
Dave, we'll see how it shoots.

So far I'm kinda meh..... Barrel is NOT remotely centered in the stock but it got enough float that it won't matter. That and the cheesedick trigger screw about to fall out.

But if it shoots I won't whine.

Just mounted an older rebuilt Leupold 6x36LR. All I want out of this thing is 100-300 yard suppressed truck gun for the coyotes.
© 24hourcampfire