Home
https://www.americanhunter.org/content/melvin-forbes-and-family-announce-gunsmithing-scholarship/

Stumbled onto this article tonight……a good place to send an end of year donation.
Thank you for posting...
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Thank you for posting...

Ya, nothing in it for me of course but I’ve enjoyed his guns, story and talking with him a few times over the years. Visited with him in 2012 or ‘13 on the way to the 24HCF hog hunt and he couldn’t have been more gracious.

Myself and a friend both figured it was a worthy cause.
I know the folks running the gunsmithing program at Montgomery Community College very well. They are top-notch instructors with very well-equipped workshops/labs for the students.

Moreover, unlike most schools, MCC is very pro-gun. If the president of the college attends the NRA Annual Meeting to promote their gunsmithing program, I think it says something.

In full disclosure, to keep myself busy during the pandemic I got an associates from them in Hunting and Shooting Sports Management. The program was online yet very comprehensive.
Wish I would have ordered a rifle back when he was making them. I have several based off his designs but not one of his. He really was a genius at what he did.
What a great opportunity to learn a trade.
© 24hourcampfire