Home
Posted By: hanco Have you got a wish list? - 01/26/24
Do you have a wish list for the coming year? I’m selling down to 6 to 10 rifles, but I’d like to have a Kimber BGR in 30-06. I have a 270 and a 280, really like them, so I only have one on my list.

1. Kimber BGR. 30-06
Posted By: Osky Re: Have you got a wish list? - 01/26/24
Not really. Age has me at that crossroads. The gun room is divvied up to my sons and what they want but that leaves a bunch. I’m going to start thinning down, replacements aren’t really a consideration.

Osky
Posted By: crc1514 Re: Have you got a wish list? - 01/26/24
Like most people around here, I already have more than I need or can use, mostly Remingtons. But I’ve decided I’d like to have nice, all original condition, shooter examples of a few classics. Right now my wishlist is a pre-64 mod 70 in 243 or 270, pre-64 lever in 30-30, and Savage 99 in 243 or 308.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Have you got a wish list? - 01/26/24
I've been trying to thin the herd, but it seems nature abhors a vacuum. Every time one goes out, one comes in.

For no sane reason, all I want now is a .30-30. I don't want a 94 Winchester (BTDT). What I would like is the right Marlin 336, Savage 99, 788 or preferably to any of those, a No. 1 Ruger.

Also, if I came across a Merkel kipplauf in what I considered a practical caliber for my purposes at the right price I'd probably grab it.

All that said, there's always the chance that on one of my weekly swings through the lgs some rifle, revolver or shotgun will get waved in front of me and suddenly become just what I need.
Posted By: buffybr Re: Have you got a wish list? - 01/26/24
In the almost 60 years that I have been big game hunting I've built a pretty well spaced battery of rifles, pistols, shotguns, and BP rifles and pistols. Even being retired with plenty of free time, many havn't been fired in years. So it's probably heresy to say it, but I don't have a bucket list or even one particular rifle, pistol, or shotgun that I would want to buy.
Posted By: OGB Re: Have you got a wish list? - 01/26/24
My list evolves.
Originally Posted by Osky
Not really. Age has me at that crossroads. The gun room is divvied up to my sons and what they want but that leaves a bunch. I’m going to start thinning down, replacements aren’t really a consideration.

Osky
Why not give them to them now so you can see the enjoyment they may get out of em before you pass?

I never understood the wait til I am dead to get some stuff mentality. Gave my 10 gauge BPS to my best friends kid 2 years ago. At the time I was 46, him 21. He packs it and I get to hear stories of him using it. Brings us both a little enjoyment.

Doubt anything new for me. Nothing new made in walnut/blued made that tickles me funny bone anymore.
When I see it, I will know. As far as thinning the herd, they are assigned to people who will enjoy them. My step daughter and her family love guns so they get the rest. Simple. I feel it keeps you young and moving to try a new thing. Maybe and 870 16 ga. or maybe God for bid, a creedmore.
Posted By: Biebs Re: Have you got a wish list? - 01/26/24
A nice 22 revolver is on my list now. I sold all my African rifles, so if I go back I'll need to pick up another big bore. A Blaser or Merkel single shot might come along one of these days at the right price.
Posted By: hitman Re: Have you got a wish list? - 01/26/24
Only one on my wish list. A ultralight Vudoo 22lr . If they ever decide to produce something in the 5 pd range il order one.

Make it two on my Wish List. It would be a longshot but hell if im Wishin may as well wish BIG.

Dakota Model 10 in 22LR at a somewhat reasonable price. ALways been out of reach
Way out
Posted By: erich Re: Have you got a wish list? - 01/26/24
One I'll probably never own, a drilling in 16ga/16ga/5.6x50R Mag with a low mounted Leupold VX3 1.5-5x heavy duplex or German #1 or #4 or a quality equivalent. I already have a combo in that combination and a drilling with a 6.5x58R Sauer.
A new hunting buddy with some nice lever guns..

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Mohawk Re: Have you got a wish list? - 01/26/24
Originally Posted by gunnut308

If you are going to wish then wish big!
Posted By: trapperJ Re: Have you got a wish list? - 01/26/24
Originally Posted by Mohawk

If you are going to wish then wish big!

I was going to say Ruger African 9.3x62 but Ive changed my mind to this..
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by Osky

Osky
Why not give them to them now so you can see the enjoyment they may get out of em before you pass?

I never understood the wait til I am dead to get some stuff mentality. Gave my 10 gauge BPS to my best friends kid 2 years ago. At the time I was 46, him 21. He packs it and I get to hear stories of him using it. Brings us both a little enjoyment.

Doubt anything new for me. Nothing new made in walnut/blued made that tickles me funny bone anymore.

Sorry I wasn’t clear. The boys know they can come and take what they like. The gun room was specially constructed and is impervious, some guns they want left in there for the time being.

They don’t have to wait for me to tip over.

Osky
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
When I see it, I will know. As far as thinning the herd, they are assigned to people who will enjoy them. My step daughter and her family love guns so they get the rest. Simple. I feel it keeps you young and moving to try a new thing. Maybe and 870 16 ga. or maybe God for bid, a creedmore.

Agreed, God forbid.

Osky
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Have you got a wish list? - 01/26/24
Originally Posted by cra1948
I've been trying to thin the herd, but it seems nature abhors a vacuum. Every time one goes out, one comes in.

For no sane reason, all I want now is a .30-30. I don't want a 94 Winchester (BTDT). What I would like is the right Marlin 336, Savage 99, 788 or preferably to any of those, a No. 1 Ruger.

Also, if I came across a Merkel kipplauf in what I considered a practical caliber for my purposes at the right price I'd probably grab it.

All that said, there's always the chance that on one of my weekly swings through the lgs some rifle, revolver or shotgun will get waved in front of me and suddenly become just what I need.
You've been reading my mail. I'm thinking I may try one of the new Ruger Marlin 30-30's. Why? I don't know other than the wood on the one in their website looks nice...
Posted By: 7mm_Loco Re: Have you got a wish list? - 01/26/24
Winchester "Classic Sporter" in 270 Win or 30-06... may or may not rebarrel it to 280 Rem... CRF, old style trigger, and a modern stock design that fits me like a glove...
Yes, but only temporarily for me. Always on the lookout for things my son won't be able to find in 30-40 years. He doesn't know yet lol... just assuming he inherited the looneyism.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Have you got a wish list? - 01/26/24
I decided I wasn't buying rifles in any caliber besides what I already had. So I decided to get started on a LRP collection, having a 6mm and 22 queermoore built.
I'd like to get a couple of nice 22's, a Kimber and CZ are on my want list.
Posted By: bpas105 Re: Have you got a wish list? - 01/27/24
I'd like to find a Remington 14 1/2 in 44 (at a 2015 price).
Posted By: EdM Re: Have you got a wish list? - 01/27/24
Originally Posted by hanco
Do you have a wish list for the coming year? I’m selling down to 6 to 10 rifles, but I’d like to have a Kimber BGR in 30-06. I have a 270 and a 280, really like them, so I only have one on my list.

1. Kimber BGR. 30-06

Not really though I took my Kimber BGR 30-06 out last week for the first time. The prior owner had it bedded and it shot well. Hogs in March.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: EdM Re: Have you got a wish list? - 01/27/24
That said, if I land on something "neat" and fairly priced it will come home. A couple of Kimber's (308 Montana, 6.5 Creedmoor Mountain Ascent) a few weeks ago and a 270 Win 1st gen M700 Ti a couple of months prior. Then there's the Ruger #1's... 2023 was a bit spendy.
I really want a 375 Cheytac or version thereof
Hanco it’s a 270 and a prototype, but if your interested i saw this tonight

https://forum.accurateshooter.com/t...270-win-exhibition-grade-walnut.4109954/
Posted By: hanco Re: Have you got a wish list? - 01/27/24
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by hanco

1. Kimber BGR. 30-06

Not really though I took my Kimber BGR 30-06 out last week for the first time. The prior owner had it bedded and it shot well. Hogs in March.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Dammit. Wish it was mine
Posted By: HNIC Re: Have you got a wish list? - 01/27/24
im gonna get my paws on the new browning A5 in 20 gauge, at 5.5lbs it oughta be a fine dove and teal gun.

and a good older 22 hornet
Having inherited both my Dad's and an Uncles collections, I need to sort and fine tune what is "must keeps" for their histories, what is "should keeps" for my two boys and what can down the road to finance optic upgrades in the heavily used ones that still have basic scopes on them.
Posted By: Mohawk Re: Have you got a wish list? - 01/27/24
My wish list is for more time and opportunities to hunt the ones I already have.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Have you got a wish list? - 01/28/24
My wish is populated with Rifles I'll probably never get to own... they are all vintage stuff..

The list is short tho...

1. Rem Model 30S in 25 Rem, and/or 30 Rem and 35 Rem.

2. Model 54 Winchester in 30/30., 7 x 57. 250 Savage.

Each in cherry condition, not one beat to crap and back...

Meanwhile I have a bunch I should let go. Most stuff I pick up nowadays is ALL Synthetic stock, smaller calibers.
I tend to rebarrel instead of buying new rifles....

I've got rifles I haven't fired very often and older ones I haven't shot in years...
Posted By: Seafire Re: Have you got a wish list? - 01/28/24

What lever gun????
Posted By: odonata Re: Have you got a wish list? - 01/28/24
My wishlist evolves since the decision to purchase a particular rifle / caliber will often remove another similar option from consideration. Fortunately over time I’ve cobbled together a small collection of rifles that is great for everything I currently hunt (and would work for some hunts I’ve only dreamed about) so there really isn’t anything else I “need”. But there are a few items on the “desire” list:

As a left-handed shooter, SxS shotguns for upland hunting with cast on for LH shooters are difficult to locate. They’re never cheap either. It doesn’t stop me from looking at ones like the Fabarms Autumn 20.

The ambidextrous straight-pull Beretta BRX1 intrigues. I wouldn’t mind taking that one hog hunting. But as long as I don’t shoot one & make the mistake of falling in love with it, I could probably talk myself out of it.

I absolutely do not need a 9.3x62. But if Sako makes their 90 Bavarian in a LH model, I might crack.

LH Mannlichers are pretty rare. But whenever one pops up, it always grabs my attention. Fortunately other lefties always want them more than me so I always get outbid. I still think about a Dakota 76 auction that I was winning for about a nanosecond once…

This is the Hunting Rifles forum but I’ll add the blued Colt Python that was announced this week at ShotShow to the list of desires that I don’t actually need.

Posted By: hanco Re: Have you got a wish list? - 01/28/24
Originally Posted by msuhunter
Hanco it’s a 270 and a prototype, but if your interested i saw this tonight

https://forum.accurateshooter.com/t...270-win-exhibition-grade-walnut.4109954/

Thank you, just bought a Super America in 270. I want a 30-06 I think.
Originally Posted by Mohawk
My wish list is for more time and opportunities to hunt the ones I already have.

+1

However, should a Savage 1895 Carbine, a CZ 453 22LR in a Lux or Varmint configuration, or again a Savage Model 20 chambered in 300 Savage in the later 1926 variation appear I would be inclined to happily spend the money. smile
Wilson NULA 20S 22 ARC
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Have you got a wish list? - 01/30/24
It's not exactly on a "wish list" but I'd like to have a .35 caliber lever action. But, mohawk said it best. I want more time to use the ones I have.

kwg
It seems my wish-list evolves every year but for this year I'd like a Browning A5, a 450 Bushmaster (probly a Ruger RAR gen 2) then maybe a Howa mini 7.62x39 and a .40 S&W pistol probly a Beretta PX4......Hb
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: Have you got a wish list? - 01/30/24
Steyrs and more Model 71s are on the horizon.
I'd like a really old levergun. Something pre WW1. Something like the Marlin 1894 38-40 that my Grandpa had. That gun inspired me so much. I never even got to shoot it though
M1 Garand and the Cz 527 full stock in 7.62x39.
Only a couple that are on my get list at this time . I know where there is a real clean and original Rem. 14 in 35 I need to grab , at a great price . Also need to replace a Ruger 10-22 I got rid of . Actually might also look for a Rem 14 in .30, as I aquired several boxes of ammo at the last show I had tables at.
Almost forgot, I think I might need a sporterized Krag also !
Posted By: TNRock Re: Have you got a wish list? - 01/31/24
I've about got everything I want. I ordered a tikka 8 twist 22-250 that will be here tomorrow to cover all the components I have from previous rifles. I'd like to have a seekins 7 prc, a smith 5.7, and will probably build a 22 arc in the near future. Wouldn't mind a browning sweet 16 either.
© 24hourcampfire